No more player passes

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

No more player passes

Post by pernunz »

Email just received
Ref:- Players Passes

Effective immediately (SEASON 2017) the use of player passes will no longer be part of the SAASL Rules & Regulations.

The unwieldy nature of obtaining photos is making the production of player passes extremely difficult, frustrating and slow for both administration and clubs. As a point of reference the SAASLl is the last remaining organization in SA still using player passes.

The system does still require clubs to use the relevant I/d No's on team sheets as this is a requirement for Insurance purposes and allows the league the ability to list goal scorers and award B & Fairest points and also provides traceability of individuals.

W.A.Bailey
President

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: No more player passes

Post by Brian the Postman »

It will be interesting as to how players playing under fake names will be policed now.
It's all in the Delivery!

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Brian the Postman wrote:It will be interesting as to how players playing under fake names will be policed now.
They weren't really policed with ID cards anyway.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

English wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:It will be interesting as to how players playing under fake names will be policed now.

this
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

haven't seen a card check for years anyway. div 1 and 2 are pretty good, not sure about lower leagues, saves me driving to grange this week

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

English wrote:
but you had the opportunity to, some clubs will take advantage of this now and nothing that can be done.

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

3 opposition players sent off against us on the cup round... bet none of them served a suspension?? How can you police this? You can't..... clubs will play suspended players under someone's ID who isn't suspended....simple....

That's if the league even send a ref lol
#mylipsaresealed

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I guess suspended players, or unregistered players won't have any insurance cover.....
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

But the player the are reporting to be will.
#mylipsaresealed

getup
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by getup »

Absolute shambles.
Alex and Bill.....time to go!!

moonshine3
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by moonshine3 »

THATS WHY IT IS CALLED THE AMATEUR LEAGE !!!!

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

What chances Great Wall have their full 11 this week
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Juvefan 08
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Juvefan 08 »

Absolute shambles

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

too hard coz , they are too old to get off their backsides and modernize the id. Now all these cheating clubs can add fed players and fake name players all for a win. video the players and then you have 1/2 a chance i guess.

All it takes is some thinking about how to use the modern tech stuff and you can have a very tight system in place, oh well; 1 year of clubs complaining will see it back in

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by kramerica »

Player passes are a waste of time. Looking at the positive side, best decision the league has made in some time, will probably free someone up at the league to focus on other more important areas. Ask yourself when have the player passes ever been useful and do you think they can't be forged or tampered with easily with current technology.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

kramerica wrote:Player passes are a waste of time. Looking at the positive side, best decision the league has made in some time, will probably free someone up at the league to focus on other more important areas. Ask yourself when have the player passes ever been useful and do you think they can't be forged or tampered with easily with current technology.
i think everyone can agree with this.

But when we have all players registered online, i think this decision should of been made last year and a requirement to upload a photo at registration time, viewable under search by any club administrator account.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

unfortunately no matter what steps officialdom trys to stamp out cheating there will be other people who will take up the challenge in order to compete with them. almost like a game within a game. sad isn't it. :(

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

There will be nothing suspicious if Bosa have a keeper wearing the old fake glasses/ moustache combo next week! :D

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

good one mers. :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

paul merson wrote:There will be nothing suspicious if Bosa have a keeper wearing the old fake glasses/ moustache combo next week! :D
Wouldn't be the first time they've played an unregistered keeper.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

do not be afraid,it is I le clerque. from allo allo. :lol:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

I think passes should be issued to all clubs life members. it has already been said on here that player passes are a waste of time as cheaters will cheat if they can. unfortunately its human nature to try to circumvent the rules. you have only to look at our pollies,local councils etc and anybody else who has got a bit of clout. compared to them fiddling player passes is nothing. :(

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

+1
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

THE ORAKLE wrote:I think passes should be issued to all clubs life members. it has already been said on here that player passes are a waste of time as cheaters will cheat if they can. unfortunately its human nature to try to circumvent the rules. you have only to look at our pollies,local councils etc and anybody else who has got a bit of clout. compared to them fiddling player passes is nothing. :(
Playing unregistered players isn't circumventing the rules, it's breaking them.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

I agree with you 100% but as I said in my last post it does depend on who you are. I would be breaking the law,others as previously mentioned would only be circumventing. :roll:

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

THE ORAKLE wrote:I think passes should be issued to all clubs life members. it has already been said on here that player passes are a waste of time as cheaters will cheat if they can. unfortunately its human nature to try to circumvent the rules. you have only to look at our pollies,local councils etc and anybody else who has got a bit of clout. compared to them fiddling player passes is nothing. :(

I'm pretty sure I've missed the point of this post or the sarcasm....
passes should be issued to all clubs life members??? Please explain??
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Do I detect some sniping and slagging?

The benefit of a pass for life members is what?
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Mackem Lad wrote:

well you shouldn't detect anything of the sort. I don't snipe or slag. except for pollies etc and they deserve everything they get. I reckon that passes for life members should be awarded by their clubs for work and service over time. just my opinion. :roll:

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
Mackem Lad wrote:

well you shouldn't detect anything of the sort. I don't snipe or slag. except for pollies etc and they deserve everything they get. I reckon that passes for life members should be awarded by their clubs for work and service over time. just my opinion. :roll:

Are you saying that clubs should pay the rego for the year meaning "they're awarded their pass"??
Most clubs would at least heavily discount the fees for life members wouldn't they?? I'm only assuming as that's what done at my club.
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Surely a life member doesn't pay any fees at all.