SAASL Affiliation to the FFA/FFSA

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: SAASL Affiliation to the FFA/FFSA

Post by God is an Englishman »

Dash Riprock wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:The disciplinary system with ffsa is a joke and even so not being used by saasl.

The refs situation will not change. That's 2 of the 3 reasons you have stated null and void.

I haven't seen either of the insurance policies so don't know. Is that insurance even being used?
Then the SAASL have signed up to a bad deal....
Not sure why you think the disciplinary system is a joke.... worked well from what we have seen and you certainly don't see the BS thats in the SAASL with fingers up arses, mass brawls and the like.....
Also not sure why refs wouldn't be part of the deal unless again they have signed up to a lesser affiliation than the Collegiate?
It is what it is.....
Are you saying that the FFSA have no all in brawls. Uni SA had one last year, and that's just the one I know about.

I have sat in on an FFSA disciplinaries for both SAASL and FFSA. SAASL was better, a lot better.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Are you saying that the FFSA have no all in brawls. Uni SA had one last year, and that's just the one I know about.

I have sat in on an FFSA disciplinaries for both SAASL and FFSA. SAASL was better, a lot better.
Who gave you the bigger suspension?

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

I have sat in on an FFSA disciplinaries for both SAASL and FFSA. SAASL was better, a lot better.[/quote]

As opposed to the one every 2nd week in the SAASL?

typical one eyed view of the world but to be expected.....
Enjoy shouting at the parked cars!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Lucas Leiva wrote:

Who gave you the bigger suspension?
Never had more than 1 game from SAASL, never played under the FFSA.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Dash Riprock wrote:As opposed to the one every 2nd week in the SAASL?

typical one eyed view of the world but to be expected.....
Enjoy shouting at the parked cars!
I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to find other examples. Merely the one that I knew of, off the top of my head.

Srbin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Srbin »

You lost the vote. Clearly you don't have the influence you'd thought you had. Move on and embrace it or make a rebel league with JD and Grosso and whatever other intellectuals choose to come on board

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Srbin wrote:You lost the vote. Clearly you don't have the influence you'd thought you had. Move on and embrace it or make a rebel league with JD and Grosso and whatever other intellectuals choose to come on board
Who are you accusing of thinking they have influence?

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So SAASL went and done it. Affiliation with one of the most undemocratic organisations in the world rushed through by only 38% of the stakeholders for what appears on the surface to be a one sided deal is not exactly an encouraging start. The ball is in FFSAs court now, no excuses, let’s see if they do the right thing or proceed to take the piss out of 80 odd extra clubs, thousands of additional seniors and even potentially a few thousand juniors.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Vote was 32 yes 14 no's so must have been a bit more that 38% I would have thought.

Its done now so lets see how it all progresses in time. :wink:

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

[quote="N5 1BH"]So SAASL went and done it. Affiliation with one of the most undemocratic organisations in the world rushed through by only 38% of the stakeholders for what appears on the surface to be a one sided deal is not exactly an encouraging start. The ball is in FFSAs court now, no excuses, let’s see if they do the right thing or proceed to take the piss out of 80 odd extra clubs, thousands of additional seniors and even potentially a few thousand juniors.[/quote

Get over it, the way the Amateur league is run is worse than the FFSA - what's the point of having money in the bank if its not used for the benefit of the amateur clubs plus the standard of referees is really awful and most of them don't even understand offside

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Mr Red wrote:Vote was 32 yes 14 no's so must have been a bit more that 38% I would have thought.

32 + 14 = 46, how many clubs in SAASL

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

churchill wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:So SAASL went and done it. Affiliation with one of the most undemocratic organisations in the world rushed through by only 38% of the stakeholders for what appears on the surface to be a one sided deal is not exactly an encouraging start. The ball is in FFSAs court now, no excuses, let’s see if they do the right thing or proceed to take the piss out of 80 odd extra clubs, thousands of additional seniors and even potentially a few thousand juniors.[/quote

Get over it, the way the Amateur league is run is worse than the FFSA - what's the point of having money in the bank if its not used for the benefit of the amateur clubs plus the standard of referees is really awful and most of them don't even understand offside
I don’t disagree, no getting away from the fact amateurs is struggling to cope and amalgamation / consolidation of resources of some sort was always the best way forward. It’s done now so we’ll see soon enough if there is improvement or if as some suspect FFSA are just furthering their own self interest.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:Vote was 32 yes 14 no's so must have been a bit more that 38% I would have thought.

38% I believe was in relation so the amount of people that turned up I believe. I have said from the start that the vote has happened and democracy is the winner.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

churchill wrote:Get over it, the way the Amateur league is run is worse than the FFSA - what's the point of having money in the bank if its not used for the benefit of the amateur clubs plus the standard of referees is really awful and most of them don't even understand offside
and none of those things are going to change under the new system

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

38% I believe was in relation so the amount of people that turned up I believe. I have said from the start that the vote has happened and democracy is the winner.
I didn't think it would get through no matter how many voted, lets hope it works out well for all concerned.

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

N5 1BH wrote:
churchill wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:So SAASL went and done it. Affiliation with one of the most undemocratic organisations in the world rushed through by only 38% of the stakeholders for what appears on the surface to be a one sided deal is not exactly an encouraging start. The ball is in FFSAs court now, no excuses, let’s see if they do the right thing or proceed to take the piss out of 80 odd extra clubs, thousands of additional seniors and even potentially a few thousand juniors.[/quote

I don’t disagree, no getting away from the fact amateurs is struggling to cope and amalgamation / consolidation of resources of some sort was always the best way forward. It’s done now so we’ll see soon enough if there is improvement or if as some suspect FFSA are just furthering their own self interest.
I do believe Michael Carter is genuine in promoting the game in SA for all the leagues and affliation with SAASL should benefit both parties and will bring another team in the FFA cup comp

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

churchill wrote:I do believe Michael Carter is genuine in promoting the game in SA for all the leagues and affliation with SAASL should benefit both parties and will bring another team in the FFA cup comp
Never spoken to Michael Carter so have no opinion on him, however the people below him that I have spoken to are either inept or corrupt.

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

churchill wrote:Get over it, the way the Amateur league is run is worse than the FFSA - what's the point of having money in the bank if its not used for the benefit of the amateur clubs plus the standard of referees is really awful and most of them don't even understand offside
and none of those things are going to change under the new system
one thing that needs urgent action is to improve the referees training and knowledge on the laws of the game and bring in younger referees and make the older incompetent referees redundant or make them only run the line

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

churchill wrote:I do believe Michael Carter is genuine in promoting the game in SA for all the leagues and affliation with SAASL should benefit both parties and will bring another team in the FFA cup comp
Never spoken to Michael Carter so have no opinion on him, however the people below him that I have spoken to are either inept or corrupt.
Gee, you tow a fine line GIAE.
Agia Lavra 1821!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
:lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
2 recent conversations with people on the back of this have incresed the strength of my opinion on this.

Some serious issues the FFSA are facing in the disciplinary space at the moment.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Was chatting with a sports lawyer recently and his comment re FFSA was that they " have no regard to the law" so any dealings with them will not result in lawful outcomes ..

90mins
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 90mins »

with the news that the SAASL and FFSA are under one brand could that mean we could possibly see a SL play off for one spot.

For example

SL Div 2nd bottom vs bottom - winner stays in Div3 SL
Sunday Div 1 champions Vs Saturday Div 1 champions - winner plays the loser of SL play off
The winner of the SL and SAASL play off receives the last spot in SL Div3 - the loser then goes to the league that the winner comes from.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

90mins wrote:with the news that the SAASL and FFSA are under one brand could that mean we could possibly see a SL play off for one spot.

For example

Sunday Div 1 champions Vs Saturday Div 1 champions - winner plays the loser of SL play off
The winner of the SL and SAASL play off receives the last spot in SL Div3 - the loser then goes to the league that the winner comes from.
Do not think Sunday Div 1 club, would want to go play Saturdays and then field a U18 side as well.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Gristy wrote:
90mins wrote:with the news that the SAASL and FFSA are under one brand could that mean we could possibly see a SL play off for one spot.

For example

Do not think Sunday Div 1 club, would want to go play Saturdays and then field a U18 side as well.

That would be their prerogative to not take part in the play off system then.

However, why only 1 down at maximum and if only 1 then it should be only the bottom team.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

FFSA are about to be sued out of existence and their corruption, incompetence and maladministration is about to explode on the national stage .....

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Sacred Noodle wrote:FFSA are about to be sued out of existence and their corruption, incompetence and maladministration is about to explode on the national stage .....
You have my attention!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sacred Noodle wrote:FFSA are about to be sued out of existence and their corruption, incompetence and maladministration is about to explode on the national stage .....
You been talking with Colossus again? And/or his attorneys? :wink:
Ignore this signature

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Bomber wrote:
You been talking with Colossus again? And/or his attorneys? :wink:
There's a lot more serious issues for FFSA than that ..enough to have a Barrister shocked and ready to act..

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Not disclosing anything on here and nothing to do with me personally but there is access to some very high profile people