2018 Fixtures??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Nugget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

2018 Fixtures??

Post by Nugget »

Is there a time frame here??

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: 2018 Fixtures??

Post by n8 »

I heard they are making it up 1 week at a time.... sat div 2 apparently has 9 teams now I heard back to 10 and it’s a week out...

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

Saturday Division 2 now has 12 teams and so does Saturday Div 3. No Division 4 now.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

n8 wrote:I heard they are making it up 1 week at a time.... sat div 2 apparently has 9 teams now I heard back to 10 and it’s a week out...
You are well behind the times.
It's all in the Delivery!

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Wow that’s interesting if it stays like that but who knows!! Who’s up in doc 2 then??

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Brian the Postman wrote:
n8 wrote:I heard they are making it up 1 week at a time.... sat div 2 apparently has 9 teams now I heard back to 10 and it’s a week out...
You are well behind the times.
don't think he is alone then ... Federation Cup ???

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

10 teams div 1
12 teams div 2
11 teams div 3
Div 4 dropped

Eliz grove and OTH pushed up to div2
No consultation or even informed that what was happening. League basically said running out of time and had to make a decision. League weren’t even going to inform us. Apparently other teams said they didn’t want to go up but we didn’t even get asked.
Like it or lump it we’re the words used.

Suppose we will have to get on with it and get promoted to div1 instead
Onwardsandupwards
#mylipsaresealed

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

I know of one team that got relegated who have complained they should be the given the option to stay up, which is complete crap. If you get relegated and 6 teams pull out, then you still have to go down. I remember at Para Hills Lions in 2012 (I think), they had to go up to Div 2 due to a club pulling out. Weren't given a choice, but they just got on with it.

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Ok so we got

Uni, hawks, cobras, Titans, Gleeson, Stirling, Salisbury Villa
Northern wolves and mu stars

Plus now elizabeth grove and one tree hill... so who’s the 12th are Hahndorf
Coming up as well now??

Personally i would have thought PAC would be allowed to stay up in div 2... even though they got relegated they should have had the option if they expanded the league!! I mean it happened twice In Two years to cobras when they got relegated and where able to stay in div 2 due to teams folding...

And not to mention PAC look like a club that’s fairly stable and professional and if Pre season results where anything to go by would be fairly competitive

tibbaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tibbaw »

Flinders are the other team going up I heard

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

great to see.

can see the peckers in div 1 2019
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Hope his all get sorted ASAP I know of two clubs who only found this out yesterday about Saturday div 2, I wonder how many other teams don’t know not even a week away from the season starting! Shall be interesting come Saturday!

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

no 2018 fixtures are on the website at all yet. its all a bit concerning really
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Soccer Fan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soccer Fan »

fowler_23 wrote:no 2018 fixtures are on the website at all yet. its all a bit concerning really
Scroll across on the SAASL home page to the link that says 2018 fixtures I think your concerns will be fixed :lol:

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

jets1 wrote:
fowler_23 wrote:no 2018 fixtures are on the website at all yet. its all a bit concerning really
Scroll across on the SAASL home page to the link that says 2018 fixtures I think your concerns will be fixed :lol:
I think you'll find it links to the new league diary and not the actual fixtures

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

jets1 wrote:
was more talking about there being no fixtures for 2018 being under the fixtures and results section where they should be..
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Soccer Fan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soccer Fan »

Right Back wrote:
jets1 wrote:
I think you'll find it links to the new league diary and not the actual fixtures
All the fixtures exept for Sunday Division 8-9 are definitely done and on the new website they are using similar the the FFSA platform just click the link

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

jets1 wrote:
Right Back wrote:
jets1 wrote: Scroll across on the SAASL home page to the link that says 2018 fixtures I think your concerns will be fixed :lol:
All the fixtures exept for Sunday Division 8-9 are definitely done and on the new website they are using similar the the FFSA platform just click the link
yep yep. found them now! good work matt! :D

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

fowler_23 wrote:
jets1 wrote:
was more talking about there being no fixtures for 2018 being under the fixtures and results section where they should be..

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page ... ssoc=11938