Rule Interpretation

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Rule Interpretation

Post by The Eagle »

At yesterdays game I heard a story about a referee running into a player then penalising the player with a free kick to the opposition? Is this correct

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Rule Interpretation

Post by Delete Your Account »

The Eagle wrote:At yesterdays game I heard a story about a referee running into a player then penalising the player with a free kick to the opposition? Is this correct
Well, you heard the story so you know if that's correct or not.
:roll:

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
The Eagle wrote:At yesterdays game I heard a story about a referee running into a player then penalising the player with a free kick to the opposition? Is this correct
Well, you heard the story so you know if that's correct or not.
:roll:
He played the free kick, which surprised me which h is why Im asking for advice

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Sounds like he should have played on.

If he had to stop the game (if he was unable to ref for a moment or two, or if he thought it was worthy of dishing out a card), I reckon he should have restarted with a drop ball.
Because everyone needs one.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

bench-warmer wrote:Sounds like he should have played on.

If he had to stop the game (if he was unable to ref for a moment or two, or if he thought it was worthy of dishing out a card), I reckon he should have restarted with a drop ball.
Sounds like he thought the player deliberately ran into him.

Player was probably lucky to escape a yellow.

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
bench-warmer wrote:Sounds like he should have played on.

Sounds like he thought the player deliberately ran into him.

Player was probably lucky to escape a yellow.
apparently no booking at all,

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

The referee deemed there was intentional contact between two players prior to himself being knocked over (accidentally as he put it) and as a result of the accidental fall he took he decided not to issue a card. He did give a free kick for the contact that was made between the two players prior however...

...hope this clears up any confusion you may have
HA'WAY THE LADS

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
The referee deemed there was intentional contact between two players prior to himself being knocked over (accidentally as he put it) and as a result of the accidental fall he took he decided not to issue a card. He did give a free kick for the contact that was made between the two players prior however...

...hope this clears up any confusion you may have
So a normal foul with a side of ref falling over. Good to see we're asking the big questions here.... :)
Because everyone needs one.

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

Also herd the same ref played a 54 minute second half, the real issue is the ref standard is horrible despite the alignment to FFSA

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The Eagle wrote:Also herd the same ref played a 54 minute second half, the real issue is the ref standard is horrible despite the alignment to FFSA
Linesmen have been horrific this season (in Feds that is). Never seen so many clueless ones in many a year.
Ignore this signature

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

The Eagle wrote:Also herd the same ref played a 54 minute second half, the real issue is the ref standard is horrible despite the alignment to FFSA
yet your spelling is top class !!!! lol

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

52:28 in the second half, seven minutes of stoppage time at which a goal was scored after 6 of those minutes. There were 5 subs in the second half as well as two injuries... pretty standard stuff if you ask me
HA'WAY THE LADS

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
52:28 in the second half, seven minutes of stoppage time at which a goal was scored after 6 of those minutes. There were 5 subs in the second half as well as two injuries... pretty standard stuff if you ask me
are you sure? My mail is Lion made 2 subs at / or before half time, and one minor injury at most. Are you a ref?

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

The Eagle wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
are you sure? My mail is Lion made 2 subs at / or before half time, and one minor injury at most. Are you a ref?
looks like your mail has been delivered to the wrong address

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

The Eagle wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Not a ref, I was a ground official at the game.
HA'WAY THE LADS

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

C U Next Tuesday wrote:
yet your spelling is top class !!!! lol

The champagne is back :lol: :lol: :lol:

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
6 subs, countless time wasting and goals and we still only see 3-4 minutes of injury time in professional leagues, the whole thing has become a joke.

Jellyfish Haircut
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jellyfish Haircut »

Ten minutes plus in the first half of the Conference promotion playoff final.
THE ORAKLE wrote:my days as a missionary for this forum are now over. :|

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Jellyfish Haircut wrote:Ten minutes plus in the first half of the Conference promotion playoff final.
but the Eagle didnt hear that

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

C U Next Tuesday wrote:
Jellyfish Haircut wrote:Ten minutes plus in the first half of the Conference promotion playoff final.
but the Eagle didnt hear that
Dodgey SAASL ref vs England Conference playoff final - true I didn't hear that