Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Arsenal 2014/2015

Post by pernunz »

I have never claimed to support Manchester City :?
There have been occasions where I have wanted them to win particular matches (including this morning) as it may have had benefits to West Ham, but that is hardly a unique situation. As a fan of a club in a playoff position, you can appreciate wanting other results to go your way.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

pernunz wrote:I have never claimed to support Manchester City :?
There have been occasions where I have wanted them to win particular matches (including this morning) as it may have had benefits to West Ham, but that is hardly a unique situation. As a fan of a club in a playoff position, you can appreciate wanting other results to go your way.
You have claimed to support them, you were wearing a man city shirt at the time.

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

They are a club that are doing some good things, including website design, cheap ticket prices, and releasing data analytics for public consumption. They are also doing some not so good things.
They also have released some nice looking shirts, of which I own one. But collecting football shirts doesn't indicate support either, otherwise I would be classed as a Spanish, Bulgarian, Galway, Adelaide United, West Ham United, Sao Paolo, Australia, Hull City, Chelsea and Real Madrid supporter (those that I can recall, anyway)

Perhaps you misinterpreted my comments at the time?

But, not to derail this thread, I will be hoping Arsenal defeat Manchester City in the upcoming match. The injury to Vincent Kompany should only help the gunners in their attempts to overhaul Tottenham into 2nd place.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

nice job by arsenal..

so boofhead englishman.. does me 'supporting' arsenal last night make me an arsenal fan??
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Wunkar Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Wunkar Fox »

How did you support them?
Random roadkill

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Wunkar Fox wrote:How did you support them?
hoping they would win would be the obvious selection here

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

Feel bad for Welbeck

Looks like another few months sidelined with a knee injury.
He was just starting to come back to full fitness and was looking sharp in his games for Arsenal so far

Will miss the Euros, but the good news is that it doesn't look like its an ACL so he could only be missing the first couple of months of next season.

Wunkar Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Wunkar Fox »

Kosta Utd wrote:
Wunkar Fox wrote:How did you support them?
hoping they would win would be the obvious selection here
So nothing constructive then.
Random roadkill

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Xhaka deal all done.

Koscielny to be named new captain.

More transfers on the way.

Should be a big off-season for Arsenal.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Big talk out the UK that we have activated Vardys 22mil release clause :shock:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Big talk out the UK that we have activated Vardys 22mil release clause :shock:

You're welcome to him, he won't suit the way Arsenal play. Same as when Spurs signed Bent.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Big talk out the UK that we have activated Vardys 22mil release clause :shock:

You're welcome to him, he won't suit the way Arsenal play. Same as when Spurs signed Bent.
Looks like the big clubs have commenced the break up of the Leicester squad, maybe Mahrez will be next .

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Wow! I just thought it was tabloid silly season crap..

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ier-giroud

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I just don’t get it.

For years we’ve been needing a world class striker. And the best we could do is Jamie Vardy?
And let’s be honest, he’s had one decent season in how many? 4-5?

I really hope it works out to be a great purchase, but I can’t help but feel this is the wrong move

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

maxin in the shade wrote:I just don’t get it.

For years we’ve been needing a world class striker. And the best we could do is Jamie Vardy?

I really hope it works out to be a great purchase, but I can’t help but feel this is the wrong move
He's cheap and Arsene is obsessed with value for money. To get the best from Vardy, hopefully Arsenal camp in their own half next season :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

maxin in the shade wrote:I just don’t get it.

bad move me thinks.. should of gone for a proven world class striker.. prob wengers last season in charge i rekcon

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Shame, Vardy's decided to stay at Leicester, I would have liked to have seen him at Arsenal.
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Shame, Vardy's decided to stay at Leicester, I would have liked to have seen him at Arsenal.
Ramsey to Man U is the rumour.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Good hit out v MLS allstar team. Some very good performances - Holding made his debut, played 90mins and looked solid at the back. Xhaka played 45 and dominated the middle of the park, playing well with Elneny. Ox looked sharp after his injury lay off linking up well with Jack Wheelchair. Theo very disappointing up top, showed Wenger why a striker must be a priority this window and Debucy must be shown the door!

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

haywood djablowme wrote:Good hit out v MLS allstar team. Some very good performances - Holding made his debut, played 90mins and looked solid at the back. Xhaka played 45 and dominated the middle of the park, playing well with Elneny. Ox looked sharp after his injury lay off linking up well with Jack Wheelchair. Theo very disappointing up top, showed Wenger why a striker must be a priority this window and Debucy must be shown the door!
Holding looked decent. I know its only a pre-season game but he can definitely play a part for Arsenal this season. Especially with Per and Koscielny out for the first few games at least.

Id like to see Bielik given some game time as well. The kid has potential.

Xhaka will be awesome for us. The kind of player we need in the middle of the park. I can see him linking up well with Cazorla/Coq/Eleneny/Ramsey/Wilshire.

Hopefully we can see the best of Ox this season also. About time he showed some level of consistency

Lets see more of The Jeff - I can see him doing an Iwobi. Given some game time and taking advantage. He's got some skills.

We still need that elusive 'world class' striker though.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Another good hit out this morning with goals from Holding, Ox and Akbom! Holding looked very good again, with another 90min performance topped off with a nice goal. Ox looked sharp again, with promising performances from Chambers, Iwobi, Santi and Xhaka!

Game had some tough challenges late on, with a couple of players from both teams lucky to stay on the park

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Another good hit out this morning with goals from Holding, Ox and Akbom! Holding looked very good again, with another 90min performance topped off with a nice goal. Ox looked sharp again, with promising performances from Chambers, Iwobi, Santi and Xhaka!

Game had some tough challenges late on, with a couple of players from both teams lucky to stay on the park
:lol: Love it, Haywood wetting himself over a friendly :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Another good hit out this morning with goals from Holding, Ox and Akbom! Holding looked very good again, with another 90min performance topped off with a nice goal. Ox looked sharp again, with promising performances from Chambers, Iwobi, Santi and Xhaka!

:lol: Love it, Haywood wetting himself over a friendly :wink:
Haha no wetting Cyril, just passing my observations to fellow gooners.. how has the spuds preperations been going?? Bet they cant wait to get on the plane and head out of Oz :wink:

Jack Wheelchair out injured again with a knee injury.. Wenger saying nothing serious but he says that every preseason

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

:lol: You'll be going gaga today then, they scored 8 yesterday, mind you Spurs scored 6 and you know what that means?

Absolutely shiraz all :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Abenomics
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Abenomics »

I'm surprised Viking are playing friendlies in the middle of their domestic season.
I love commercial whaling

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Another win, but another injury

This time to our one remaining senior CB - not sure how bad the damage is for Gabriel, but no doubt he'll miss the Liverpool game.
It didn't look good. Early reports say it was an ankle.

And with no new signing in sight, Wenger will be left with Calum Chambers (21 years old), Rob Holding (20) and Krystian Bielik (18) as his only options at CB unless he chooses to move Nacho Monreal in from the left. Holding and Bielik are both very promising - but they haven't even played a single game in the Premier League.

Dropping points early in the season because we lack the things we’ve very publicly admitted we need will not go down well with the fans.

Id really like to see Akpom given a go at some stage also. He looks like he could be something special.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

is it really worth discussing the game?

I feel like I would just be repeating the same old stuff re Arsenal

I know its only the first game but, c'mon.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

maxin in the shade wrote:is it really worth discussing the game?

I feel like I would just be repeating the same old stuff re Arsenal

I know its only the first game but, c'mon.
:lol: I see they've given fans those shirts that make them look like red seats :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Ramsey out for a month

Iwobi still to be confirmed

Why does it always seem to be Arsenal who cop this many injuries season after season. Must have something to do with wenger's training methods. our preparation is obviously not good enough.

Here's a quote from Arseblog (a recommended read for any Arsenal fan):
Yesterday was dreadful, and the reason why it was dreadful was Arsene Wenger. Sure, circumstances aren’t ideal, but his entire job is to manage those circumstances as well as he can, and I don’t think he did that. He didn’t even come close, and that’s sad and frustrating in equal measure.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Well for the near future at least, reduced to watching a delayed broadcast (and trying to avoid the result) and downloading Match of the Day.

3 – 4 you’d at least expect a decent game not that complete shite. With wenger still refusing to take any responsibility it’s hard to see a silver lining, just hope he doesn't hang Holding, Chambers, Iwobi etc out to dry. A long, long season ahead but at least Liverpool were as bad as us, even with a near full squad.