Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote:
I was referring to their game plan , but dangerous area picking on play acting all sides do it , even Liverpool. I'm not sure FIFA are serious about eradicating it.
There is play acting abnd what they did today.

We lost fair and square but if you can't admit they were a disgrace you have no idea. And what does FIFA have to do with a CL game? The ref was atrcocious. Jurgen had to take Mane off due to it.

Speaking at his post-match press conference, Klopp also explained the decision to withdraw Sadio Mane at half-time in the encounter.

"Obviously the plan was to get Sadio out of the game with a yellow card," Klopp said. "I was afraid his opponent would go down even if Sadio takes a deep breath or whatever, so I didn't want to have that situation. That's why we took him off.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Liverpool supporters complaining about opposition teams simulating..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkK1_VZ3los
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:Liverpool supporters complaining about opposition teams simulating..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkK1_VZ3los
You do know he was touched on each of them, it's in slow motion as it looks worse.

He may well exaggerate, but is not a serial diver. As pointed out countless times, there have been more instances of not getting penalties when he stays on his feet and tries to continue....players can't win!!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

you do realise that it is a contact game don't you???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:you do realise that it is a contact game don't you???
Yes, and do you do know that (in today's interpretations of the laws) if you contact the player and not the ball it's a foul?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

well....I must be watching and playing a different game.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:well....I must be watching and playing a different game.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Appears so.
I am pleased to have told you how the game is played these days.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

The Normal One. wrote:
Yes, and do you do know that (in today's interpretations of the laws) if you contact the player and not the ball it's a foul?
Untrue

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I knew you'd be around the corner given its a LOTG issue...its not often im glad to say that we're both right....

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:
Untrue
Law 12:
trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.
These days if you miss the ball you get penalised for the above.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:I knew you'd be around the corner given its a LOTG issue...its not often im glad to say that we're both right....
I am not so sure you are.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

you're being silly....

just to clarify...you're stating all incidental physical contact is punishable with the awarding of a free kick?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

The Normal One. wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
I was referring to their game plan , but dangerous area picking on play acting all sides do it , even Liverpool. I'm not sure FIFA are serious about eradicating it.

We lost fair and square but if you can't admit they were a disgrace you have no idea. And what does FIFA have to do with a CL game? The ref was atrcocious. Jurgen had to take Mane off due to it.

Speaking at his post-match press conference, Klopp also explained the decision to withdraw Sadio Mane at half-time in the encounter.

"Obviously the plan was to get Sadio out of the game with a yellow card," Klopp said. "I was afraid his opponent would go down even if Sadio takes a deep breath or whatever, so I didn't want to have that situation. That's why we took him off.
Do I condone Atletico behaviour ? My answer is no. But they are not alone and even Liverpool players do it. As I said if FIFA want to stamp out play acting , diving etc they can but I just dont think they have the balls to do it.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:you're being silly....

just to clarify...you're stating all incidental physical contact is punishable with the awarding of a free kick?
I am not being silly. When you watch football today (top leagues), if someone goes for the ball, but misses it and the player is touched a freekick is given, unless an advantage is played.

Are you disagreeing?
I dont like this, but if you go flying in, studs up but get the ball cleanly you can be sent off for dangerous play.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

can I take you back to your original comment

do you stand by this???

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:can I take you back to your original comment

do you stand by this???
Yes, if you go for the ball, miss it and get the player , it will be considered a foul.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The Normal One. wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:

Do I condone Atletico behaviour ? My answer is no. But they are not alone and even Liverpool players do it. As I said if FIFA want to stamp out play acting , diving etc they can but I just dont think they have the balls to do it.
He’s still in denial liverpool were blatantly cheating when horrible suarez was hitting the deck there for fun, his opinion on this matter has no absolutely value

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:

He’s still in denial liverpool were blatantly cheating when horrible suarez was hitting the deck there for fun, his opinion on this matter has no absolutely value
Find me a post where I said his antics were good? Having said that, his rising from the dead at Norwich is the greatest thing I have ever witnessed on a football pitch.

https://www.givemesport.com/1473467-ars ... his-season

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:I knew you'd be around the corner given its a LOTG issue...its not often im glad to say that we're both right....

Normal one is right as well, he's just worded it poorly.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:
Why is the level of contact required for a foul different in the penalty box and the centre circle? I struggle with that one.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:can I take you back to your original comment

do you stand by this???
Yes, if you go for the ball, miss it and get the player , it will be considered a foul.
Or, in Mane's case, if you breathe on him.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The Normal One. wrote:
Find me a post where I said his antics were good? Having said that, his rising from the dead at Norwich is the greatest thing I have ever witnessed on a football pitch.

https://www.givemesport.com/1473467-ars ... his-season
Been a lot more than 6, we need to shift a lot of chardonnays still . It has been creeping in since wenger left, must be a spanish coach thing. It's a worry

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Son says hello from his hospital bed.
Kane doesn't want to be left out of these discussions either.

Not sure if there is an updated list. But not surprising a Spurs and Arsenal fan try and shy away from their club's problems.

https://talksport.com/football/492377/p ... is-season/
Last edited by Victoria's Secret on Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Son played most of the game with a fractured arm. Mane has to go off with a bruised ego.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Son played most of the game with a fractured arm. Mane has to go off with a bruised ego.
And one is available the next game, and one isn't.

More fool him.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Mane new nic name is Autumn Leaves :wink:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote: Or, in Mane's case,

Mane new nic name is Autumn Leaves :wink:
Couldn’t agree more, a thing of beauty.

Have you ever said anything positive about the English game or anyone that plays in it?
As you clearly despise all English football, why do you watch it?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

because of the efniks that make it the best league...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:because of the efniks that make it the best league...

Well that isn't true because he wants to limit their numbers.

It was the best league well before the foreigners "took over".

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^

the English would agree with you....but then again, many a POM would gladly declare viva Ardiles, viva Villa...