Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool

Post by Victoria's Secret »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:41 pm Title Winners - liverpool *
And? As Jurgen put it so well :grin:

"This is the most difficult year and season to become champions, 100 percent. It is an interrupted season, like has never happened before.

"Whoever will be champions, it will be historic because it is a year that we will never forget.

"Give us an asterisk, yes. We cannot do a lot of things that we usually can do but in this specific case at least we can say this is really special.

"That's why we enjoy the little asterisk there."

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Surely 1914, 1919 & 1946 would have been more difficult, maybe even 1958. Are you one of those tourists who thinks football began in 1992

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Your trolling is atrocious. The three month break has done your posting no favours.

But I do need to ask OM re the older years, they played full seasons didn't they? So unsure if harder or not.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:25 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:54 am
Bomber wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:47 am Well, I guess that bottle of champagne (no swear filter intended) in the back fridge could come into use very soon. :grin:
They deserve it and I'm glad that they've managed to finish the season, for all the clubs, it wouldn't have seemed right otherwise. Brighton being a case in point, relegation candidates two games ago but now looking safe.
Agree Cyril, great it has returned and for Liverpool fans to celebrate a season they deserve to be crowned champions.. however you cant deny the break has benefited some clubs with players who were injured returning now to finish the season & giving them the ability to push for final positions, where as they may have faded away if those players were still on the sidelines..
True, the Goons were very lucky to have Ozil back. ;-)

Mind you, it's hard to tell if he's injured or not.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Touching Distance wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:41 pm Title Winners - liverpool *

"This is the most difficult year and season to become champions, 100 percent. It is an interrupted season, like has never happened before.

"Whoever will be champions, it will be historic because it is a year that we will never forget.

"Give us an asterisk, yes. We cannot do a lot of things that we usually can do but in this specific case at least we can say this is really special.

You can spin it however you like. Anyone who knows football knows it's not a proper season.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:35 pm

You can spin it however you like. Anyone who knows football knows it's not a proper season.
Your trolling is as bad as the goon. A season is playing everyone home and away, no rules about length of season or numbers watching it.

You will just get shouted down the more you bore us all. The title, qualifications, relegation etc will all be done so it’s proper. Different to the norm but proper end of story.

Just accept it. Or we will just call you bitter like you call the Aussies.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Congrats Liverpool.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

No arguments, well deserved Champions. A bit of a shame they couldn't have won it on the Anfield pitch, but I doubt they'll worry.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Touching Distance wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:49 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Your trolling is as bad as the goon. A season is playing everyone home and away, no rules about length of season Different to the norm but proper end of story.

Just accept it. Or we will just call you bitter like you call the Aussies.
Exactly as you have said there is why it gets an asterisk.

You are not playing home and away as the home advantage has been nullified.

"DIFFERENT TO THE NORM" - i agree, hence the asterisk.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Hilarious. I guess all the leagues around the traps that have mid-winter breaks are graced with an asterisk. Home/away full season ensues.
Laugh if Millwall make the play-offs and succeeded to promotion. It's ok, put a little * next to it, I'm sure no-one will care. :lol:
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

from a Man U supporters of nearly 50 years.....through gritted teeth...well played and thoroughly deserved...no asterisk. Lets hope Real Madrid come calling for a few of your players.....

ahhhh to be a slapper in Liverpoo tonight....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 am from a Man U supporters of nearly 50 years.....through gritted teeth...well played and thoroughly deserved...no asterisk. Lets hope Real Madrid come calling for a few of your players.....

ahhhh to be a slapper in Liverpoo tonight....
:lol: Pay that.

Not sure about the Real comment, but otherwise :thumbup:
Ignore this signature

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

congrats

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

yes well done no doubt they deserve the crown and now interest turns to champions league spots and relegation battle. does this mean man city do a guard of honour for them next game ?
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:40 am Hilarious. I guess all the leagues around the traps that have mid-winter breaks are graced with an asterisk. Home/away full season ensues.
Laugh if Millwall make the play-offs and succeeded to promotion. It's ok, put a little * next to it, I'm sure no-one will care. :lol:
No, because that was the deal from the start of the season.

Yes, IF we get promoted then I will be happy about it and enjoy our season in the PL but it will have an asterisk on it for sure.

That said, we are the club that has probably been the most negatively affected by it all so doubt we will make the play offs anyway.

Tranmere Rovers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Tranmere Rovers »

Bomber wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:28 amMakes me wonder, did the SPL (as well as France, Netherlands etc) stop their seasons too hastily?
Leagues one and two did. Softcocks.
Rovers were coming into form before the postponement of matches.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Great job by Liverpool this season, 7 a few records to chase to the end of the last round,still what happened to social distancing/masks during the celebrations,It looked like Novak Djokovic was in charge of the party at Mercy-side!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Regardless of those who try to claim that this was an * season, Liverpool's Premiership was fully deserved and if the Corona Virus did anything to affect the legitimacy of their win it actually served to make it one of the most deserved victories, because they were in Limbo for so long and could just have easily fell apart.

Congratulations for a superb season.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Mal Venus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mal Venus »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:13 amthe home advantage has been nullified.
The two post pandemic results that decided the champions (Liverpool's win over Crystal Palace and Chelsea's win over Manchester City) were won by the home team so the home advantage hasn't been nullified.

The pandemic robbed Liverpool's chances of winning the title in record time and they probably would have. Mind you, the date they clinched it this season is probably a record too.
Last edited by Mal Venus on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retards who can't quote go on the foes list.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mal Venus wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:07 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:13 amthe home advantage has been nullified.
The two post pandemic results that decided the champions (Liverpool's win over Crystal Palace and Chelsea's win over Manchester City) were won by the home team so the home advantage has been nullified.

The pandemic robbed Liverpool's chances of winning the title in record time and they probably would have. Mind you, the date they clinched it this season is probably a record too.
Your small sample size is full of contradictions. I am not understanding what you are trying to say.

Mal Venus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mal Venus »

Typo
Retards who can't quote go on the foes list.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mal Venus wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 amTypo
So, what are you trying to say?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Liverpool been on the Piss a bit the last few days. wow 4:0

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

eagleboy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:02 am Liverpool been on the Piss a bit the last few days. wow 4:0
Possibly, and the title is won, but If you watch the game, they should probably have been two up early and the City penalty was a blatant 'falling over' by Sterling. After that City dominated.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:07 am
eagleboy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:02 am Liverpool been on the Piss a bit the last few days. wow 4:0
Possibly, and the title is won, but If you watch the game, they should probably have been two up early and the City penalty was a blatant 'falling over' by Sterling. After that City dominated.
I thought it was a blatant penalty- far more than Mane's going over (when VAR gave freekick not penalty).

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Champions at last wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:35 am
I thought it was a blatant penalty- far more than Mane's going over (when VAR gave freekick not penalty).
I suspect its VAR saying " we have helped Liverpool win the Premiership all season, now your on your own." :grin:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

eagleboy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:40 am
I suspect its VAR saying " we have helped Liverpool win the Premiership all season, now your on your own." :grin:
Please expain, you have lost me 100%

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So are liverpool just going to throw the remaining games likes they threw the FA cup. Wouldn't surprise me, it's all about them

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Was it ever thus. United got the best of the ref's decisions for many years, as did Liverpool and Leeds back in the 70s. The truth is, when you play most of the game in and around the opponent's box, you're going to get some given. It's not rocket science that the better teams get more decisions in important positions on the pitch.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 am
Was it ever thus. United got the best of the ref's decisions for many years, as did Liverpool and Leeds back in the 70s. The truth is, when you play most of the game in and around the opponent's box, you're going to get some given. It's not rocket science that the better teams get more decisions in important positions on the pitch.
Look at the 1978 League cup final - the worse team won it.
Refs make mistakes, they always have and always will

This season it's been proven without doubt VAR has not helped Liverpool win the league.

Anyone who says othewise is just a bore/troll/stupid/ or a combnation of all three.

It's in black and white that Liverpool haven't benefited more than others from VAR - it's just they won the games anyway, Whereas cabernet teams didn't still go on and win from bad decisions aganst them. It's just the facts spoil your narrative.