Rangers v Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Rangers v Celtic

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:57 pm
B.Toomer wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:43 pm Wrong. Rangers are an English leaning club & Celtic an Irish leaning club.
A British club beat an Irish club.
As a fisherman its always good to catch a big fish and a bottom feeder on the one hook. :smile: :smile:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

eagleboy wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:57 pm
B.Toomer wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:43 pm Wrong. Rangers are an English leaning club & Celtic an Irish leaning club.
A British club beat an Irish club.
As a fisherman its always good to catch a big fish and a bottom feeder on the one hook. :smile: :smile:
You call it fishing, I call it educating B Toomer.

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

No, I think I've got it right. Both Scottish clubs with leanings the way I said.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

B.Toomer wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:24 pm No, I think I've got it right. Both Scottish clubs with leanings the way I said.
Which flags fly from the roof of Ibrox and septic park?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Who would have thought before a ball was kicked this season that Rangers would be 16 points ahead of Celtic at this stage (all be it Celtic have played three games less) of the season. Rangers have played 21 games and Celtic 18 but the table doesn't lie, Rangers are there on merit as they have been a more solid unit and difficult to beat, in fact unbeaten in Scotland this season (apart from the shock exit in the League Cup at the hands of St. Mirren).
Celtic could claim that their season has been blighted with a number of International players falling to Covid and though this holds some water their leaky defence just can't hold anything at the moment, certainly not against half-decent opposition.
Barkas has been recalled between the posts and to be perfectly honest this worries me as he has been in poor form in general and fails to command his box, though in truth he has not been helped by some atrocious defending in front of him.
For all Celtic's failings this year their form has improved somewhat over the last couple of weeks but this should be expected in what after all is not a league that is hugely competitive. That said, it is no coincidence that there form has improved with the introduction of Turnbull and Soro in midfield and with Edouard showing an improvement in form up front with Griffiths Celtic have a fighting chance. The problem for me is that at the minute for every goal Celtic score they are likely to concede two against a team of reasonable quality. As Rangers are more robust and harder to break down I can see a difficult game ahead for my team and for Celtic to have any real chance they will have to finish clinically and defend resolutely.
I would normally settle for a draw away to Rangers at Ibrox but this game is different and Celtic need the win to keep any hopes of their historic bid of 10 in a row intact. Lennon is fortunate to remain in the hot seat and a defeat will further damage his hopes of remaining the Celtic manager for much longer as the knives will be longer and sharper. Glasgow is not a place to live in a comfort zone as second best and credit to Gerrard for hanging around long enough for his side to become potential champions.
I predict Rangers to win 2-1 in an entertaining spectacle but Celtic could snatch a win if their defence can show a strong mentality.

Bodø
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bodø »

Looks like sevco rangers are going to be champions of Scotland for the first time. Having more success that West Adelaide by the looks of it.
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Yamaha Xmax 300
Honda Goldwing 1800

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

lousy game to watch i reckon. celtic far better gerard must have been relieved when it was over.rangers keeper played well. :roll:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

theorakle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:27 pm lousy game to watch i reckon. celtic far better gerard must have been relieved when it was over.rangers keeper played well. :roll:
Hey non-Greek oracle, I thought you liked frenetic long-ball stuff.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Con M wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:30 pm
theorakle wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:27 pm lousy game to watch i reckon. celtic far better gerard must have been relieved when it was over.rangers keeper played well. :roll:
Hey non-Greek oracle, I thought you liked frenetic long-ball stuff.
I think his Manchester education may be the reason he has a K in his name. Also I think his memory fails him a bit sometimes. I've seen film of football 100 years ago when he played. It was certainly not the way he wants the game played,

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

cmon fellas all i said was i thought it was a poor game. my opinion ok. :roll:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

An old firm game without atmosphere is on a par with the A league

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

first one ive ever seen like that. any crowd would have booed both sides. the man u vs city was the same, my mate a jock and rangers fan agreed with me. poor games. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:53 pm first one ive ever seen like that. any crowd would have booed both sides. the man u vs city was the same, my mate a jock and rangers fan agreed with me. poor games. :roll:

Why would a Rangers fan have boo'd? They'd have been too busy celebrating and winding up the bead rattlers.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bodø wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:45 am Looks like sevco rangers are going to be champions of Scotland for the first time. Having more success that West Adelaide by the looks of it.
Too obvious

Black Panther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Panther »

Way too obvious.
El Paso del Norte wrote:I have the opposite problem, mine is so small you can't see it!

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

On the eve of the latest Celtic v Rangers game who would have thought it would be all wrapped up by the team from Ibrox before the season commenced.
I could go on and on about Celtic's implosion and I blame the Celtic board and Lennon in equal proportions for the complete capitulation of a team heavily tipped to make history this season with ten Scottish titles in a row.
Rangers and in particular Steven Gerrard deserve all the plaudits coming their way as they have fully deserved to win the League title as they have been by far the most consistent team. Their supporters have every right to celebrate and show their delight at their achievement. Celtic and their supporters will have to suck it up, lick their wounds and accept that they are second best in Glasgow.
The game today in reality does not mean a great deal, this is a fact. This is why I am tipping my team Celtic to scrape through 2-1 as they have something to prove to their supporters. Rangers have nothing to prove as they are Champions of Scotland.
Hope that both 'tribes' can behave themselves on and off the park and that the supporters stay away from the stadium as requested by the authorities.
Sure will be strange watching it knowing that the result doesn't matter one iota, though the Celtic supporters will be hoping for a positive performance and result. The Rangers fans meantime can lay back, chill out and mock the opposition.
Changed days in Glasgow! Hopefully not for long....................

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Another slam dunk! :-)
Ignore this signature

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Bomber wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm Another slam dunk! :-)
Had a feeling you wouldn't miss the opportunity and well within your rights to have a dig as a 'loyal true blue' :roll:

We haven't laid a glove on Rangers all season, however the 'big clubs' such as St. Mirren and St. Johnston have put them to the sword in the League Cup and Scottish Cup respectively. Perhaps trebles are NOT won so easily in Scotland after all, just ask Stevie G! :thumbup:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

its just not the same without the fans is it. :?: ive just said something irefutable havent i .i wonder which of my usual forum stalkers will be in first with a smart alec reply. :?: GO SEAFORD.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:51 pm
Bomber wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm Another slam dunk! :-)
Had a feeling you wouldn't miss the opportunity and well within your rights to have a dig as a 'loyal true blue' :roll:

We haven't laid a glove on Rangers all season, however the 'big clubs' such as St. Mirren and St. Johnston have put them to the sword in the League Cup and Scottish Cup respectively. Perhaps trebles are NOT won so easily in Scotland after all, just ask Stevie G! :thumbup:
One step at a time. ;-)

PS- I don't mind seeing minnows winning the odd trophy anyway. Anything other than Celtic/Rangers at least gives Scottish football something (else)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:45 pm its just not the same without the fans is it. :?: ive just said something irefutable havent i .i wonder which of my usual forum stalkers will be in first with a smart alec reply. :?: GO SEAFORD.
Are you sure you're not a liverpool fan?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:48 am
theorakle wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:45 pm its just not the same without the fans is it. :?: ive just said something irefutable havent i .i wonder which of my usual forum stalkers will be in first with a smart alec reply. :?: GO SEAFORD.
well done giae you have just won my quickprik of the week award. cheers. :clap:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:17 am
But, are you sure?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:32 pm
But, are you sure?
yes cos you beat my other regulars well in. :clap:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Funny how neither Rangers or Celtic got an invite to join the ESL? :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:05 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:32 pm
But, are you sure?
yes cos you beat my other regulars well in. :clap:
I think you must be.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Old Master wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:45 pm Funny how neither Rangers billionaior Celtic got an invite to join the ESL? :lol:
i think you have to be billionaires to have been invited. a scottish billionaire would never admit they were. :smile:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:20 am
Old Master wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:45 pm Funny how neither Rangers billionaior Celtic got an invite to join the ESL? :lol:
i think you have to be billionaires to have been invited. a scottish billionaire would never admit they were. :smile:
Sniping away again.

Why would a Scottish billionaire not admit it?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

So your communist/racist views are extended to Jock's now. When will it end. :smile:

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

eagleboy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:05 am
So your communist/racist views are extended to Jock's now. When will it end. :smile:
theorakle wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:17 pm i havent got a racist bone in my body by the way, as far as i know i never went out to offend anyone. unless they upset me ok. :roll: