Newcastle FC new owner?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Newcastle FC new owner?

Post by predrag »

What are the views of fans on the sale of possible sale of Newcastle to Saudi prince & future king Mohammad Bin Salman,who for 300 mil pounds would own 80% of the club.So a murderer/war criminal & a man responsible for millions starving to death in Yemen,is this a classic sports-washing attempt?I think most people remember Saudi journalist Khashoggi being ripped to peaces alive by his security staff in the embassy in Turkey.Or Geordies just be happy to see club a future possible Premier League contender-no questions asked.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Newcastle FC new owner?

Post by Old Master »

predrag wrote:What are the views of fans on the sale of possible sale of Newcastle to Saudi prince & future king Mohammad Bin Salman,who for 300 mil pounds would own 80% of the club.So a murderer/war criminal & a man responsible for millions starving to death in Yemen,is this a classic sports-washing attempt?I think most people remember Saudi journalist Khashoggi being ripped to peaces alive by his security staff in the embassy in Turkey.Or Geordies just be happy to see club a future possible Premier League contender-no questions asked.

I hope the Geordies reputation for fighting against injustice and political aggression will come to the fore and prevent the sale of their club to a vicious bully with no respect for the Law or Human Rights.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Old Master wrote:
predrag wrote:What are the views of fans on the sale of possible sale of Newcastle to Saudi prince & future king Mohammad Bin Salman,who for 300 mil pounds would own 80% of the club.So a murderer/war criminal & a man responsible for millions starving to death in Yemen,is this a classic sports-washing attempt?I think most people remember Saudi journalist Khashoggi being ripped to peaces alive by his security staff in the embassy in Turkey.Or Geordies just be happy to see club a future possible Premier League contender-no questions asked.

I hope the Geordies reputation for fighting against injustice and political aggression will come to the fore and prevent the sale of their club to a vicious bully with no respect for the Law or Human Rights.

he wanted to buy man utd before Newcastle. dunno what happened there. we riff raf have to understand that some people are above the law and can do what they bloody well like. mike ashley was honest when he said im only a multi millionaire and I cannot compete with billionaires. money stuffs up everything and nobody worries about anyone who is skint. do they. :(

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Old Master wrote:

They a all voters there now after the last election. Human right does not come before football now.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

eagleboy wrote:
Old Master wrote:

They a all voters there now after the last election. Human right does not come before football now.

dunno how much you know about Newcastle folks but the potential there is massive. a bloody big city for a one team toon full of fanatical fans who would worship anyone with the means to get Newcastle utd to the top of the premier league. its been a long time between drinks for them and the toon is bloody fed up of waiting. :roll:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Quote from Oracle:
dunno how much you know about Newcastle folks but the potential there is massive. a bloody big city for a one team toon full of fanatical fans who would worship anyone with the means to get Newcastle utd to the top of the premier league. its been a long time between drinks for them and the toon is bloody fed up of waiting. :roll:[/quote]

They also demand a club owner that identifies with the supporters and players who give everything they have every game for them.
The problem they have with the modern game is these things are rarely part of the package they are expected to support.
They can be the best supporters in the land if they are given what they expect or the worst if they are not respected by the club or its players.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Old Master wrote:Quote from Oracle:
dunno how much you know about Newcastle folks but the potential there is massive. a bloody big city for a one team toon full of fanatical fans who would worship anyone with the means to get Newcastle utd to the top of the premier league. its been a long time between drinks for them and the toon is bloody fed up of waiting. :roll:

They also demand a club owner that identifies with the supporters and players who give everything they have every game for them.
The problem they have with the modern game is these things are rarely part of the package they are expected to support.
They can be the best supporters in the land if they are given what they expect or the worst if they are not respected by the club or its players.[/quote]

I think you would find that would also apply to every club in the country from EPL down through 27 tiers of football in england alone seeing as football is a religion there as well as a sport. don't think they will knock him back,sunderland and Middlesboro would be pissed off. Bury fans would be in like a shot,poor buggers. :roll:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

well he is in now. bin salman did it through a proxy. dunno for sure but he might've tried to buy man utd direct. hope he keeps steve bruce on. :roll:

and does not invite ed woodward to dinner at the Turkish embassy. :roll:

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

theorakle wrote:dunno how much you know about Newcastle folks but the potential there is massive. a bloody big city for a one team toon full of fanatical fans who would worship anyone with the means to get Newcastle utd to the top of the premier league. its been a long time between drinks for them and the toon is bloody fed up of waiting. :roll:

Delusional bunch of gravy stained planks. Haven’t won anything in over 50 hrs. Seem to believe they are everyone’s second team. They were dross before the nineties and from then on claimed that NUFC supporters were the only true geordies.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Raich Carter wrote:
theorakle wrote:dunno how much you know about Newcastle folks but the potential there is massive. a bloody big city for a one team toon full of fanatical fans who would worship anyone with the means to get Newcastle utd to the top of the premier league. its been a long time between drinks for them and the toon is bloody fed up of waiting. :roll:

Delusional bunch of gravy stained planks. Haven’t won anything in over 50 hrs. Seem to believe they are everyone’s second team. They were dross before the nineties and from then on claimed that NUFC supporters were the only true geordies.

well raich I always assumed that geordies came from sunderland Middlesboro and galashields as well as Newcastle. correct me if im wrong but please get in before GIAE. :wink:

Black Panther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Panther »

theorakle wrote:correct me if im wrong but please get in before GIAE. :wink:

:lol:
El Paso del Norte wrote:I have the opposite problem, mine is so small you can't see it!

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

So Geordies are not only from the toon,i thought it was a one city term.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

predrag wrote:So Geordies are not only from the toon,i thought it was a one city term.

toon is a term for Newcastle utd fans only. sunderland Middlesboro etc are all geordies in Northumberland,so you are correct predrag. :)

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

A fair chance the league might block the takeover anyway what with the saudis stealing the EPL broadcasts for their domestic tv, allegedly.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

N5 1BH wrote:A fair chance the league might block the takeover anyway what with the saudis stealing the EPL broadcasts for their domestic tv, allegedly.

they may try but money will eventualy win out,as it usualy does. :roll:

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

theorakle wrote:
predrag wrote:So Geordies are not only from the toon,i thought it was a one city term.

toon is a term for Newcastle utd fans only. sunderland Middlesboro etc are all geordies in Northumberland,so you are correct predrag. :)

Sunderland and Middlesbro in Northumberland ? I don't think so. True Geordies are from Newcastle.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

murphy mcginty wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:47 pm
theorakle wrote:
Sunderland and Middlesbro in Northumberland ? I don't think so. True Geordies are from Newcastle.
You are so wrong.

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

Geordie.jpeg
Geordie.jpeg (165.91 KiB) Viewed 6489 times

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

Geordie.jpeg

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

Wikepedia Quote " When referring to people, as opposed to the dialect, dictionary definitions of a Geordie typically refer to a native or inhabitant of Newcastle Upon Tyne or its environs, an area that encompasses Blyth, Ashington, North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead.

Just as a Cockney is often colloquially defined as someone "born within the sound of the Bow Bells", the term "Geordie"has been historically defined in terms of "Within spitting distance of the Tyne" Academics refer to the Geordie dialect as "Tyneside English"

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

Wikepedia Quote " When referring to people, as opposed to the dialect, dictionary definitions of a Geordie typically refer to a native or inhabitant of Newcastle Upon Tyne or its environs, an area that encompasses Blyth, Ashington, North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead.

Just as a Cockney is often colloquially defined as someone "born within the sound of the Bow Bells", the term "Geordie"has been historically defined in terms of "Within spitting distance of the Tyne" Academics refer to the Geordie dialect as "Tyneside English"

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

well ive known guys from all those places. they all sound the same. coming from the north east so to all us outsiders a Geordie accent as it is known applies to all of them. in my humble opinion naturaly, cheers. :wink:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

well ive known guys from all those places. they all sound the same. coming from the north east so to all us outsiders a Geordie accent as it is known applies to all of them. in my humble opinion naturaly, cheers. :wink:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

murphy mcginty wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am Wikepedia Quote " When referring to people, as opposed to the dialect, dictionary definitions of a Geordie typically refer to a native or inhabitant of Newcastle Upon Tyne or its environs, an area that encompasses Blyth, Ashington, North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead.

No matter how many times you say it you are wrong

The name comes from the Northumberland and Durham coal mines. Poems and songs written about, and in the dialect of, these two counties speak of the “Geordie”.The term first used to describe a local pitman or miner in 1876 (OED)

murphy mcginty
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by murphy mcginty »

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. This is a football forum and we have drifted away from the topic a bit. Just watched "Sunderlamd Tiil I Die" on Netflix and it is quite sad to see the club where it is. Hopefully you will be back where you belong soon. I miss the derbies.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

murphy mcginty wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:03 am We'll have to agree to disagree on this. This is a football forum and we have drifted away from the topic a bit. Just watched "Sunderlamd Tiil I Die" on Netflix and it is quite sad to see the club where it is. Hopefully you will be back where you belong soon. I miss the derbies.
Yes, it was a guaranteed 3points. 6 in a row :wink: