LEEDS UNITED

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

LEEDS UNITED

Post by Mr Red »

Back in the EPL. on the back of WBA losing overnight to Huddersfield.

Now the trick is to stay there.

Norwich and Villa look like they might be coming straight back down but Sheffield Utd have done well.

The Leeds squad will need strengthening in key areas but the core of the players should do well at EPL level.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: LEEDS UNITED

Post by eagleboy »

Mr Red wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:06 am Back in the EPL. on the back of WBA losing overnight to Huddersfield.

Now the trick is to stay there.

Norwich and Villa look like they might be coming straight back down but Sheffield Utd have done well.

The Leeds squad will need strengthening in key areas but the core of the players should do well at EPL level.
I watched the Leeds match the other night and the WBA this morning. The Championship looks a poor comp at the moment and I agree with you that the squads need massive build ups of player. Villa would easily beat Leeds atm. WBA appear to have shot themselves in the foot. Pre Covid they looked most likely to win Championship. Brentford on a roll atm.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Leeds were very lucky to get a win against Barnsley.

Barnsley had the better chances, they played better and fought harder to get a result but in saying that I think Bamford should have been awarded a penalty late in the game that could have made it 2-0.

Leeds looked tired and I think injuries are starting to impact their squad.

I bet there will be some player changes now for the Derby game and I would not be surprised if they lose this game.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

On paper Brentford could still win the league. GD is superior. It will be good to have one of the big clubs Leeds, back albeit I think for 1 season.

steves
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by steves »

The game against Barnsley was the worst Leeds have payed all season, They still won 1-0. At times this year they played well enough to beat the bottom 12 teams in the premiership. With the $300 million they get for promotion they will bolster the squad to premiership standard.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

good to have another great foreign coach in the EPL
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

YES!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

BACK WHERE WE BELONG!

WE ARE LEEDS!
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Well done to Leeds and lets hope they can stay up

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

eagleboy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:45 am On paper Brentford could still win the league. GD is superior. It will be good to have one of the big clubs Leeds, back albeit I think for 1 season.
Always had a soft spot for the Bees, my Dad had trials there, unsuccessfully, before he got conscripted and we often popped down there on a Saturday if Spurs and Fulham were away. They've got a nice new stadium as well, with a view of the A40 flyover.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Rookie wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:23 pm Well done to Leeds and lets hope they can stay up
Dirty Leeds, hope they get pumped every week. ;-)

But it will be good to have the fans back.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

MegaBonus wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:49 pm good to have another great foreign coach in the EPL
Wow so that would make two or three then ??? Are you mates with darren bent by any chance

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Leeds made 7 changes to the starting line up overnight against Derby and that seemed to freshen up the team.

3-1 win against Derby was fair enough.

In a year when there has been the passing of 3 Leeds legends - (Trevor Cherry, Norman Hunter and Jack Charlton)it's fantastic that Leeds have won the league and got promoted to the EPL.

I'm sure these 3 legends will be looking over Elland Road with a smile. ;-)