EPL 20/21

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: EPL 20/21

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:52 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:36 am COYS!! :lol: :lol:

Classic Mourinho, but one of the games where Spurs fans are happy to accept crap football and take the points, especially with a clean sheet.

I wouldn't be happy to see them play like that against any other bottom six team ;-)
:lol: Classic Cyril :clap:

12 months ago you were slating Jose on this very forum for his tactics & style of play he implemented at the once free flowing Spurs but now....

Well done to you thou, deserved the victory, you beat a very poor out of form Arsenal side who dominated every stat possible but the one that counts... still waiting for that trophy thou. Mikel has 2 since Jose joined the Yids!
To be a lifelong Spurs fan you have to be a bit of a masochist and I have to be honest, I don't enjoy watching teams that just sit back, I'd almost rather be expansive and lose. But never to the Goons. ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Wow that was boring and embarrassing…..again. Arteta playing the same wanky players who every week show us they just aren’t good enough, his forward tactics consist of: (a) get err “fouled’, (b) foul or (c) long ball.

Local lad Maitland Niles has potential and had a very good game on Thurday, is better than bellerin,, xhaka, ceballos and willian in all their positions combined but doesn’t get a look in. It’s f#cked up

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:06 pm Wow that was boring and embarrassing…..again. Arteta playing the same wanky players who every week show us they just aren’t good enough, his forward tactics consist of: (a) get err “fouled’, (b) foul or (c) long ball.

Local lad Maitland Niles has potential and had a very good game on Thurday, is better than bellerin,, xhaka, ceballos and willian in all their positions combined but doesn’t get a look in. It’s f#cked up
I'm absolutely revelling in the Goons suffering. :lol:

I just wish I was back in London so I could extract maximum enjoyment ;-)
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Form is temporary but class is permanent

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:19 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:06 pm Wow that was boring and embarrassing…..again. Arteta playing the same wanky players who every week show us they just aren’t good enough, his forward tactics consist of: (a) get err “fouled’, (b) foul or (c) long ball.

I'm absolutely revelling in the Goons suffering. :lol:

I just wish I was back in London so I could extract maximum enjoyment ;-)
So does all of Aus. :grin:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:30 pm Form is temporary but class is permanent
That thought is always at the back of my mind, but I'm gonna enjoy it whilst it lasts ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Agree! Not sure how many chances some of those players need to show how much they are out of form.. Arteta needs to mix it up!

Eddie, AMN & Emile Smith Rowe needs to be given a run of games

#bringbackOzil
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Brighton robbed by VAR, a win would have sent the Goons to 16th :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:30 am Brighton robbed by VAR, a win would have sent the Goons to 16th :lol:
Robbed you reckon..?? initial contact was outside, foul was made in the box

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:32 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:30 am Brighton robbed by VAR, a win would have sent the Goons to 16th :lol:
Robbed you reckon..?? initial contact was outside, foul was made in the box
KWP threw himself into the box with a Salah-like swan dive, took off like a startled grouse. :lol:

I'm not sure how they can say where the foul occurred, contact is the foul and that was outside, but apparently we're now giving where you fall as well as pathetic handballs. Fifty pens this year not a third of the way through.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Agree! Not sure how many chances some of those players need to show how much they are out of form.. Arteta needs to mix it up!

Eddie, AMN & Emile Smith Rowe needs to be given a run of games

#bringbackOzil
Yes have to put more focus on developing our own, don’t mind being ordinary for a few years if you can see a point to it. Not just the same old cycle of overpaid journeymen

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Arteta will be happy, at least Aubameyang is scoring again :lol: :lol:

How was Elneny still on the pitch at the end?
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Liverpool got lucky Fulham last night with the Fabinho v Cavaleiro VAR penalty incident .

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:50 am Liverpool got lucky Fulham last night with the Fabinho v Cavaleiro VAR penalty incident .
You're just trying to upset CAL, you know he'll bite :lol:

Nailed on pen against and a dodgy penalty for, both VAR decisions went in their favour.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:50 am Liverpool got lucky Fulham last night with the Fabinho v Cavaleiro VAR penalty incident .
I thought we got lucky with the penalty we received TBH.

Was Fab one a penalty, I don't think so - was it a clear and obvious error, definitely not - as it took them so long to decide.

Are penalties and VAR spoiling the game yes!!!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:16 am

Nailed on pen against and a dodgy penalty for, both VAR decisions went in their favour.
If it was nailed on, the ref would have given it, when first seen, and when he looked at the screen - or when those at Stockley saw it they could have said just given it?.

So yes you get a bite to show your view is/was wrong :D

Anyway - that was before they scored so it's all totally irrelevant to the outcome. But don’t let the facts spoil the fun,

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:48 am

If it was nailed on, the ref would have given it, when first seen, and when he looked at the screen - or when those at Stockley saw it they could have said just given it?.

Anyway - that was before they scored so it's all totally irrelevant to the outcome. But don’t let the facts spoil the fun,
Marriner is such an arrogant prick, he didn't want to admit he was wrong, but even though he got it wrong I'm glad that he looked at the monitor and he made the decision, not some faceless twat in Stockley Park. It's just a shame that he didn't use the monitor for the other penalty because he almost certainly would have reversed it, that was not handball.

We're just not using VAR correctly, with the exception of offside (which they could improve the speed of by simplifying the definition), there should only ever be one referee making a decision. I'd rather he took an extra minute to go to the monitor 5 times a game and got his own decision, not someone else's, correct in his eyes. You'd still have incorrect, marginal and debateable decisions, but at least they'd be the refs'.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:19 am

Marriner is such an arrogant prick, he didn't want to admit he was wrong, but even though he got it wrong I'm glad that he looked at the monitor and he made the decision, not some faceless twat in Stockley Park. It's just a shame that he didn't use the monitor for the other penalty because he almost certainly would have reversed it, that was not handball.

We're just not using VAR correctly, with the exception of offside (which they could improve the speed of by simplifying the definition), there should only ever be one referee making a decision. I'd rather he took an extra minute to go to the monitor 5 times a game and got his own decision, not someone else's, correct in his eyes. You'd still have incorrect, marginal and debateable decisions, but at least they'd be the refs'.
Do they get told to goto the monitor or advised they may want to?

Today we benefited other games we have been 'cheated’. It’s not about any team, it's just rubbish and inconsistent - a bit like Arsenal.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

the man u / man c derby was the worst i have ever seen. sir roy keane was dead right. thank goodness it was acted out in an empty stadium. :( :thumbdown:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

theorakle wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:27 am the man u / man c derby was the worst i have ever seen. sir roy keane was dead right. thank goodness it was acted out in an empty stadium. :( :thumbdown:
I watched the mini match (24mins) on Sunday and that was bad, I hate to think what 90 mins was like to watch.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

These players are going to get Arteta the sack! He keeps sticking with players clearly out of form & some clearly not good enough to play at this level. He needs to make changes this coming Wednesday or he has only himself to blame if we don't get a result against inform Southampton

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:15 pm These players are going to get Arteta the sack! He keeps sticking with players clearly out of form & some clearly not good enough to play at this level. He needs to make changes this coming Wednesday or he has only himself to blame if we don't get a result against inform Southampton
BRING BACK EMERY!!
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

xhaka is a knobhead, he sums up everything wrong with the Arsenal but arteta the twat persuaded him to stay and still persists with playing him. Will serve his ban and then he’ll be back to nonce about again in midfield, no doubt. I give up

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:26 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:19 am

Do they get told to goto the monitor or advised they may want to?

Today we benefited other games we have been 'cheated’. It’s not about any team, it's just rubbish and inconsistent - a bit like Arsenal.
Gee VAR is bad, but cheated is a little harsh does that mean Fulham were cheated? ;-) ;-)

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The ball hit the hand so no, not cheated.

We had a player incorrectly given offisde - so yes cheated

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:08 pm The ball hit the hand so no, not cheated.

You can't get incorrect offsides with VAR, it's perfect :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Watched the highlights of the Fulham game. Looked like they were unlucky, Scotty’s hopefully turning it around for them. What was Salah attempting for the Fulham goal, the highland fling ? Jesus what a joke of a man.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:08 pm The ball hit the hand so no, not cheated.

Who cheated?

You wouldn't last long on a football pitch calling a match official a cheat, inviting a red card.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

What are you talking about?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:28 am What are you talking about?
You keep referring to decissions that dont go Liverpool way as cheated. So are you saying match officials are cheating?