EPL 20/21

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: EPL 20/21

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:26 am Liverpool EPL record last two seasons plus season so far:
W - 70
D - 13
L - 5

Not bad :smile:
I think the game against Palace showed why Spurs played the way they did. Give Liverpool space and their front three can kill you.

The ominous thing for me is the return to goalscoring form of Roberto Firmino.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bodø
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bodø »

I've only had access to games (ie. optus) for about a week now, but this going down on one knee bollocks before every game is a load of wânk. :thumbdown:
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Yamaha Xmax 300
Honda Goldwing 1800

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:41 am
Bomber wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:26 am Liverpool EPL record last two seasons plus season so far:
W - 70
D - 13
L - 5

I think the game against Palace showed why Spurs played the way they did. Give Liverpool space and their front three can kill you.

It just clicked for us up front. They (Palace) missed a good chance or two at 1-0 but the confidence was there. We just a day when our finishing was on point.

Suddenly we have the best GD in the league. With players coming back and hopefully Thiago can get himself settled, things are looking better.

Not trolling you, but Spurs lasted very us lien they do against most teams?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Bodø wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:24 am I've only had access to games (ie. optus) for about a week now, but this going down on one knee bollocks before every game is a load of wânk. :thumbdown:
absolutely right agree 100 PER CENT. :thumbdown:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

If the majority (clubs, authorities) thinks it’s the right thing to do, it continues. It’s a democratic country.

Personally I don’t agree with it continuing.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:11 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:41 am
W - 70
D - 13
L - 5

It just clicked for us up front. They (Palace) missed a good chance or two at 1-0 but the confidence was there. We just a day when our finishing was on point.

Suddenly we have the best GD in the league. With players coming back and hopefully Thiago can get himself settled, things are looking better.

Not trolling you, but Spurs lasted very us lien they do against most teams?
Can someone please translate the last paragraph into English ?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

If only I knew what it was meant to say!!

I think it was something like Spurs played against us like they do against most teams.

Bodø
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bodø »

Champions at last wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:21 am If the majority (clubs, authorities) thinks it’s the right thing to do, it continues. It’s a democratic country.
I don't think they should have been doing it in the first place. They're there to play football and should stick to that.
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Yamaha Xmax 300
Honda Goldwing 1800

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Bodø wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:38 pm
Champions at last wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:21 am If the majority (clubs, authorities) thinks it’s the right thing to do, it continues. It’s a democratic country.
I don't think they should have been doing it in the first place. They're there to play football and should stick to that.
No different from all the players (except Evra) shaking hands before a game (which has temporarily stopped).

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:21 pm
No different from all the players (except Evra) shaking hands before a game (which has temporarily stopped).
Very different.

When you are introduced to someone in a pub or in the street, do you kneel or (in non covid times) shake their hand?

I find all this anti racism stuff in football very odd, it's one of the least racist industries I can think of.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:59 pm
Very different.

When you are introduced to someone in a pub or in the street, do you kneel or (in non covid times) shake their hand?

I find all this anti racism stuff in football very odd, it's one of the least racist industries I can think of.
I refer you to John barnes Twitter your honour Re least racist industries. But you don’t do social media, so you may struggle to read through it all. I think Barnes says a load of rubbish amongst his good stuff, but you may well realise there is a huge problem in the game,

How do you know what racism there is in football? It could all be made up, but it appears there is a lot.

The shaking hands before game is supposedly a symbol of respect, the kneel is supposedly a symbol for the BLM stuff. If we as fans agree or not is different but it’s the same, a ‘sign’ for those watching.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:57 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:59 pm
Very different.

I refer you to John barnes Twitter your honour Re least racist industries. But you don’t do social media, so you may struggle to read through it all. I think Barnes says a load of rubbish amongst his good stuff, but you may well realise there is a huge problem in the game,

How do you know what racism there is in football? It could all be made up, but it appears there is a lot.

The shaking hands before game is supposedly a symbol of respect, the kneel is supposedly a symbol for the BLM stuff. If we as fans agree or not is different but it’s the same, a ‘sign’ for those watching.
Well, when I talk about football I'm talking about the industry, not the fans who are simply watchers and bring all their societal prejudices to game. Over 80% of the UK population is white, but I bet nowhere near 80% of the footballers are and I just can't imagine many coaches or players who care what colour their teammates happen to be.

Lefties will moan that senior coaches, etc aren't black, but that will surely come as more and more black players retire from playing. They are picked to play because they are the most talented players and, if they're the most talented coaches, they'll be picked there as well.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

So you still havent read Barnes twitter re the industry.
Managers and coaches in particular- not the fans .

He may be wrong, but his argument is excellent.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

We also have to remember that you are an older Brexit supporting right winger whereas I am a slightly younger moderate left, so we won’t agree on this.

For the record - I think the knee is not needed. Commentators should just remind everyone as they do now, there is no need for racism before the game starts and that’s it.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:17 am We also have to remember that you are an older Brexit supporting right winger whereas I am a slightly younger moderate left, so we won’t agree on this.

For the record - I think the knee is not needed. Commentators should just remind everyone as they do now, there is no need for racism before the game starts and that’s it.
Maybe it's because the reminders that there is no need for racism hasn't worked that they are trying something different.

And it's obviously having an impact, cos all these angry white men have a problem with it.

"Why should racism be highlighted? Just get back in your box and do what we say"

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:11 am So you still havent read Barnes twitter re the industry.
Managers and coaches in particular- not the fans .

He may be wrong, but his argument is excellent.
If you PM me a link that doesn't require a Twitter account, I will read it, but I generally agree with Barnesy, he's fairly pragmatic.

Whilst it shouldn't be accepted, thinking that racism will just disappear is wishful thinking and I don't think positive discrimination helps anybody, it's going to take time and education. The evidence of my own eyes is that more black players are playing at the top levels therefore, given time, more of them will go on and do their badges and will become coaches, managers and, for those less talented, TV pundits.

Football clubs are businesses and although it's subjective I find it hard to believe that, if a black player or manager could win them matches, they'd refuse to employ them or pick them because of colour.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:17 am We also have to remember that you are an older Brexit supporting right winger whereas I am a slightly younger moderate left, so we won’t agree on this.

I'm not sure what your political persuasion or Brexit has to do with racism. I think you should take every person as you find them and if they're an muscat, they're an muscat irrespective of their colour.

So the fact that you're white doesn't change my opinion of you ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Players shaking hands hasn’t stopped sportsmanship as a concept in the EPL from being officially dead, on the contrary. Players praying to their chosen gods on camera hasn’t closed the resources gap between the haves (them) and the have nots (their fans), on the contrary. players taking the knee hasn’t stopped the knifings of black children in London or the 1000s of Asian workers from being killed and / or abused building their world cup in Qatar, on the contrary All nothing but distractions, empty gestures for useful idiots. And there appears to be an awful lot of useful idiots willing to be distracted.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Isn’t the praying a personal thing the players choose to do? Just like people crossing themselves?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:21 am

I'm not sure what your political persuasion or Brexit has to do with racism. I think you should take every person as you find them and if they're an muscat, they're an muscat irrespective of their colour.

So the fact that you're white doesn't change my opinion of you ;-)
The fact you need to ask about Brexit is a surprise, but I can’t be bothered debating it- as it’s happened and it’s a democracy....

Re Twitter, you don’t need an account to read it, just look for Barnes, however it’s not easy to keep track of it all. But he is convinced there is racism hindering more black managers - and when they are sacked etc. I would think he has more idea than you or me regarding it- but I have no proof he is right.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

look. lets get it right. ALL LIVES MATTER NOT JUST BLACK ONES. we should instead concentrate on stopping the swine who never go themselves sending working mens sons to wars. much much more significent. :thumbdown:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

theorakle wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:50 pm look. lets get it right. ALL LIVES MATTER NOT JUST BLACK ONES. we should instead concentrate on stopping the swine who never go themselves sending working mens sons to wars. much much more significent. :thumbdown:
Why do working men's sons' lives matter more than anyone else?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:48 pmRe Twitter, you don’t need an account to read it, just look for Barnes, however it’s not easy to keep track of it all. But he is convinced there is racism hindering more black managers - and when they are sacked etc. I would think he has more idea than you or me regarding it- but I have no proof he is right.
I CBF trawling through his ramblings, but I accept that he's got a better idea about football than I. However, I ran a reasonable sized business for 25 years so I probably understand that side of it better than him. The problem is, when a black player gets left out or a black manager gets sacked, it's always racism, never performance based, in some people's eyes. I can't think of too many black managers that have been dismissed when I thought the were doing ok, apart from Darren Moore and Chris Hughton.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:53 pm
Champions at last wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:48 pmRe Twitter, you don’t need an account to read it, just look for Barnes, however it’s not easy to keep track of it all. But he is convinced there is racism hindering more black managers - and when they are sacked etc. I would think he has more idea than you or me regarding it- but I have no proof he is right.
I CBF trawling through his ramblings, but I accept that he's got a better idea about football than I. However, I ran a reasonable sized business for 25 years so I probably understand that side of it better than him. The problem is, when a black player gets left out or a black manager gets sacked, it's always racism, never performance based, in some people's eyes. I can't think of too many black managers that have been dismissed when I thought the were doing ok, apart from Darren Moore and Chris Hughton.
I think, it’s the lack of opportunities, and I dont read it all, goes off too many tangents. Numbers interviewed and not getting roles.

Personally i don’t think it’s just management, not many coaches or ceos or owners either. It may be nothing to do with their colour, but does seem odd. I love stats but i need facts before I claim anything, as they can be skewed.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

YouTube Theorist wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:10 pm
theorakle wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:50 pm look. lets get it right. ALL LIVES MATTER NOT JUST BLACK ONES. we should instead concentrate on stopping the swine who never go themselves sending working mens sons to wars. much much more significent. :thumbdown:
because they are the poor buggers that dont get a choice,ever. but ALL LIVES MATTER WAS THE REASON FOR MY POST. :roll:

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

theorakle wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:35 pm
YouTube Theorist wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:10 pm
because they are the poor buggers that dont get a choice,ever. but ALL LIVES MATTER WAS THE REASON FOR MY POST. :roll:
Of course they do, conscription ended over 40yrs ago here and even longer in the UK.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The NHS is in real danger of being overrun with COVID cases. The EPL is unwilling or unable to control its players regarding COVID protocols. The EPL clubs and it’s players cannot be trusted so the government must shut it down immediately

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:03 am The NHS is in real danger of being overrun with COVID cases. The EPL is unwilling or unable to control its players regarding COVID protocols. The EPL clubs and it’s players cannot be trusted so the government must shut it down immediately
Not strictly true. In certain areas, obviously the largest population centres, the NHS is filling up, but the Nightingale Hospitals are not even being used yet.

However, as there are no fans I don't really see the point of stopping the league, but I agree that those players dumb enough to go out partying shouldn't be above the law. Since they wouldn't give a toss about being fined, the EPL should be banning them for 10 matches which would probably concentrate their tiny minds.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The players make laugh, consider themselves collective role models for social justice when performing the ludicrous knee charade but suddenly become ‘just normal citizens’ when asked to actually do a simple self-sacrificing task like observe COVID protocols to really help save lives. Simply put, they are champagne.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:37 am The players make laugh, consider themselves collective role models for social justice when performing the ludicrous knee charade but suddenly become ‘just normal citizens’ when asked to actually do a simple self-sacrificing task like observe COVID protocols to really help save lives. Simply put, they are champagne.
Rich champagne.
Danny Blanchflower