EPL 20/21

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: EPL 20/21

Post by Victoria's Secret »

If the country goes into lock down, which appears likely, a suspension will surely happen. Due to the number of people involved in getting the games going ahead...and also players are getting it. We don’t know the exact number as some injuries are COVID but not announced at the time as players don’t have to say they had it.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:17 am
N5 1BH wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:03 am The NHS is in real danger of being overrun with COVID cases. The EPL is unwilling or unable to control its players regarding COVID protocols. The EPL clubs and it’s players cannot be trusted so the government must shut it down immediately
Not strictly true. In certain areas, obviously the largest population centres, the NHS is filling up, but the Nightingale Hospitals are not even being used yet.

However, as there are no fans I don't really see the point of stopping the league, but I agree that those players dumb enough to go out partying shouldn't be above the law. Since they wouldn't give a toss about being fined, the EPL should be banning them for 10 matches which would probably concentrate their tiny minds.
I agree fines are pointless , if a player breaches Covid rules then he should be suspended . Maybe 5 games for first offence and then 10 if he is dumb enough to do it again .

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

bit hard on cavani i reckon. :wtf:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Great result for Saints overnight , what a crazy season with only 7 points from top spot to 10th .

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:10 am Great result for Saints overnight , what a crazy season with only 7 points from top spot to 10th .
Always good to see the leaders lose, unless it's Spurs, makes the season more interesting.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Waiting to hear Nicky's observations with this mornings VAR and decisions... has their 'luck' run out..??
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:28 am Waiting to hear Nicky's observations with this mornings VAR and decisions... has their 'luck' run out..??
Maybe they were cheated ;-) ;-) ;-)

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

CAL will probably flail me for this post in a “wrong” thread but I maintain it has relevance to the EPL and Liverpool.

I was saddened to hear of the passing of Gerry Marsden, who with his band the Pacemakers had a monster 1960s hit “You’ll Never Walk Alone”. It went on to become one of the most famous football anthems in the World.

In the early 70s I met Gerry and his band doing a “recovery” gig @ a North Adelaide hotel on a Sunday arvo. This after we all got plastered at the same venue the night before. They did a fantastic rendition too of one of my favourites “Ferry Cross the Mersey”. RIP Gerry.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:18 pm
haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:28 am Waiting to hear Nicky's observations with this mornings VAR and decisions... has their 'luck' run out..??
Maybe they were cheated ;-) ;-) ;-)
Handball not a penalty for me, but I've seen them given, I assume VAR didn't think it was a clear and obvious mistake.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:30 pm CAL will probably flail me for this post in a “wrong” thread but I maintain it has relevance to the EPL and Liverpool.

I was saddened to hear of the passing of Gerry Marsden, who with his band the Pacemakers had a monster 1960s hit “You’ll Never Walk Alone”. It went on to become one of the most famous football anthems in the World.

In the early 70s I met Gerry and his band doing a “recovery” gig @ a North Adelaide hotel on a Sunday arvo. This after we all got plastered at the same venue the night before. They did a fantastic rendition too of one of my favourites “Ferry Cross the Mersey”. RIP Gerry.
It has a relevance to you name dropping and blowing your own trumpet. Plus it's in the wrong bottle of shiraz thread :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

We were poor, maybe not a foul for their goal (but we had 88mins to recover). No penalties should have been awarded - although many are for same offences. I am all for less penalties.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:55 pm
Con M wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:30 pm CAL will probably flail me for this post in a “wrong” thread but I maintain it has relevance to the EPL and Liverpool.

It has a relevance to you name dropping and blowing your own trumpet. Plus it's in the wrong bottle of shiraz thread :lol:
Not sure what Con’s post has to do with anything here. Although I can say I also managed a live link with him and LFC fans in Aus. He was a good guy.

Con posting rubbish and in the wrong place is the norm though. I reckon his marking would be all over the place ......

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nah, you bottle of shiraz pair of grenache heads, Nice One Cyril Knowles and Champions at Last. It’s also in the Music, Video & Photography thread.

It was also a respectful relevant post to Liverpool supporters in the EPL thread and yeah as an afterthought, Not Nice Cyril you bottle of shiraz idiot, I’m proud to have met this great man and enjoyed his music.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:49 pm Nah, you bottle of shiraz pair of grenache heads, Nice One Cyril Knowles and Champions at Last. It’s also in the Music, Video & Photography thread.

It was also a respectful relevant post to Liverpool supporters in the EPL thread and yeah as an afterthought, Not Nice Cyril you bottle of shiraz idiot, I’m proud to have met this great man and enjoyed his music.
:lol: You're too easy, not really sport at all.
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm
Con M wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:49 pm Nah, you bottle of shiraz pair of grenache heads, Nice One Cyril Knowles and Champions at Last. It’s also in the Music, Video & Photography thread.

:lol: You're too easy, not really sport at all.
What a pathetic rejoinder! Have you glanced at the similar post in the Music, Video & Photography thread, you bottle of shiraz grenache? My post was meant as a respectful regard to Liverpool supporters and the late Gerry Marsden. So I met Gerry and loved his music, so what grenache?

BTW, I meant to say elsewhere I’m proud of you eating your words and no longer referring to the Spurs Manager as “Maureen”. Are you sure he’s not doing something right? The front two are great with the South Korean captain exceptional and ‘Arry being ‘Arry, but surely the Manager and the rest of the team are contributing?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I have met (and been on TV with) Gordon Ramsay, should that go in The Celtic v Rangers thread?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:55 pm I have met (and been on TV with) Gordon Ramsay, should that go in The Celtic v Rangers thread?
Absolutely pathetic a rejoinder as the one by your “mate” Not Nice Cyril, you D.I.C.K.H.E.A.D!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:13 pm
Champions at last wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:55 pm I have met (and been on TV with) Gordon Ramsay, should that go in The Celtic v Rangers thread?
Absolutely pathetic a rejoinder as the one by your “mate” Not Nice Cyril, you D.I.C.K.H.E.A.D!
:lol: Settle down old man.
Danny Blanchflower

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Is this Old Master's other forum name

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:21 am

No it is not my other name, I only use OM on this forum.
I have known Con for many years though and we used to have long chats about the state of the game.

CAL, you may be able to answer this for me, or know someone who knows, I believe that YNWA that was not written by GM but was a Hymn sung by some members of the Kop for many years before he recorded it.
I am sure my Dad first told me about the Kop's song when I was about 6 years old, in 1955, long before it became a 'hit' song.
I am sure it was adopted as the Official Liverpool anthem only after GM's version became a world-wide hit.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 am

CAL, you may be able to answer this for me, or know someone who knows, I believe that YNWA that was not written by GM but was a Hymn sung by some members of the Kop for many years before he recorded it.
I am sure my Dad first told me about the Kop's song when I was about 6 years old, in 1955, long before it became a 'hit' song.
I am sure it was adopted as the Official Liverpool anthem only after GM's version became a world-wide hit.
It was originally from the Rodgers & Hammerstein Musical “ Carousel “

Liverpool fans adopted the song after it became a hit by the Liverpool band Gerry & The Pacemakers in 1963.

This night help OM with YNWA .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27ll_ ... ther_teams

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

ozzie owl wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:34 am

Liverpool fans adopted the song after it became a hit by the Liverpool band Gerry & The Pacemakers in 1963.

Thanks for that but I would still like to hear from a pre-1960's Scouser whether it was indeed sung by members of the Kop much earlier than Wikipedia claims.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:54 am
ozzie owl wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:34 am

Thanks for that but I would still like to hear from a pre-1960's Scouser whether it was indeed sung by members of the Kop much earlier than Wikipedia claims.
Other sites have similar references to how and when YNWA was adopted by LFC and its supporters.

Good luck finding a pre -60’s scouser on FN.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:33 pm
Old Master wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:54 amThanks for that but I would still like to hear from a pre-1960's Scouser whether it was indeed sung by members of the Kop much earlier than Wikipedia claims.
Other sites have similar references to how and when YNWA was adopted by LFC and its supporters.

Good luck finding a pre -60’s scouser on FN.
Billy Graves is pretty ancient ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

New word for '21 - "rejoinder" - thanks Con :clap: ;-)
Ignore this signature

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Bye bye Mesut :sad:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:19 pm Bye bye Mesut :sad:
I doubt they'll get anywhere near the $70m they paid for him, but will save $600k a week in wages. I would have liked to have seen him see out his contract and leave for sweet FA.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:44 am
I doubt they'll get anywhere near the $70m they paid for him, but will save $600k a week in wages. I would have liked to have seen him see out his contract and leave for sweet FA.
He will be leaving for sweet FA Cyril.. can negotiate with any club now, due to last 6months of his contract! Nobody will pay transfer fee for him now!! Talk is he will be loaned to Fener, to sign 3 year deal at season end, 2.5mil sign on fee + 5mil year deal

Unless DC United get their way, then we may get transfer fee, as they are willing to go down that path to win his signature.. they are including advertising his M10 brand and coffee brand in the package + huge wages

Either way, disappointed to see it end this way!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:10 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:44 am
He will be leaving for sweet FA Cyril.. can negotiate with any club now, due to last 6months of his contract! Nobody will pay transfer fee for him now!! Talk is he will be loaned to Fener, to sign 3 year deal at season end, 2.5mil sign on fee + 5mil year deal

Unless DC United get their way, then we may get transfer fee, as they are willing to go down that path to win his signature.. they are including advertising his M10 brand and coffee brand in the package + huge wages

Either way, disappointed to see it end this way!
Can't see anyone rushing to go to DC at the moment :lol: :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Biden disagrees with you.