Project Big Picture

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Project Big Picture

Post by ozzie owl »

Wow lets hope this one doesn't go ahead, effectively giving power to 6 clubs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -grab.html

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Project Big Picture

Post by Victoria's Secret »

What a shock. you being negative.

You clearly hate the english game and all it stands for, so why do you read and post about it?
You are anti the rich helping the poor....WOW!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 pm What a shock. you being negative.

You clearly hate the english game and all it stands for, so why do you read and post about it?
You are anti the rich helping the poor....WOW!
What a shock you replying this way I could have written your reply for you.

I don't hate the Englsh game I just dont believe 6 clubs should have the power to decide the fate of 86 others.

Yes a solution is required to solve the problems facing the EFL but this not the answer.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Actually 84 clubs.

You may not hate it, but find a post of you being positive about anything? Ot having an answer rather than just criticising suggestions.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:21 pm Actually 84 clubs.

You may not hate it, but find a post of you being positive about anything? Ot having an answer rather than just criticising suggestions.
This idea has been smashed in England on a number of fronts.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

And your point is what?

What some think in Britain doesn't mean they are right. You read and often quote the Daily Mail....a publictaion regularly criticised for false information - so what you read as fact is more than likely not accurate.

Project Big Picture is the name given to a proposal devised by Liverpool and Manchester United but, crucially, approved by the Football League in which big clubs would get control over the running of the top flight in return for redistributing greater funding down the football pyramid.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:14 pm And your point is what?

What some think in Britain doesn't mean they are right. You read and often quote the Daily Mail....a publictaion regularly criticised for false information - so what you read as fact is more than likely not accurate.

Project Big Picture is the name given to a proposal devised by Liverpool and Manchester United but, crucially, approved by ex Liverpool CEO Rick Parry in which big clubs would get control over the running of the top flight in return for redistributing greater funding down the football pyramid.
Its an attempted coup

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Project Big Picture is the name given to a proposal devised by Liverpool and Manchester United but, crucially, approved by the Football League in which big clubs would get control over the running of the top flight in return for redistributing greater funding down the football pyramid.
1. This idea has been critisised by the Premier League and the Government.
2. No arguments as to changes need to be made but is this the right model?
3. Why should 6 clubs determine what happens in the EPL?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

So what if the govt thinks it's bad, they are being slaughtered from all sides over theie handling of the sport at present.

The clubs run the premier league

It will be discussed and tweaked and will save clubs futurea - but you don't (or don't want to) understand that - all you see is doom and gloom.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Project Big Picture is the name given to a proposal devised by Liverpool and Manchester United but, crucially, approved by ex Liverpool CEO Rick Parry in which big clubs would get control over the running of the top flight in return for redistributing greater funding down the football pyramid.
Its an attempted coup
ex premier league chief too. He was shown the door at Liverpool.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:07 pm So what if the govt thinks it's bad, they are being slaughtered from all sides over theie handling of the sport at present.

The clubs run the premier league

It will be discussed and tweaked and will save clubs futurea - but you don't (or don't want to) understand that - all you see is doom and gloom.
All you see is what is good for Liverpool.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

If that was true I would agree with you. But it's not so I can't.
Prime example - PPV - Liverpool get money but it is awful.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:45 pm If that was true I would agree with you. But it's not so I can't.
Prime example - PPV - Liverpool get money but it is awful.

Just imagine what would happen if the Big 6 got total control.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

To be fair they run the game anyway.

And that’s not a good thing.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

West Ham Utd have openly come out against Project Big Picture .

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

And they wanted to null and void the league.

Them saying that means it’s a good thing.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:28 pm To be fair they run the game anyway.

And that’s not a good thing.
So do you want them to have absolute power over football?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

no, did I say i wnate dthat?

but they do anyway.

If we had a euro superleague and utd and Liverpool left the EPL, its bad for everyone.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:13 am no, did I say i wnate dthat?

but they do anyway.

If we had a euro superleague and utd and Liverpool left the EPL, its bad for everyone.
The new rules would give them powers they have never had all in the hands of billonaire owners.

As for Euro Super League with no promotion or relegation with the same 14 or so clubs would bore me to be honest.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:42 am
Champions at last wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:13 am no, did I say i wnate dthat?

but they do anyway.

The new rules would give them powers they have never had all in the hands of billonaire owners.

As for Euro Super League with no promotion or relegation with the same 14 or so clubs would bore me to be honest.
Most clubs don't have billionaire owners. The Euro superegue has been talked about for over 30 years. I am anti it BTW.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Quite simply, it would be the beginning and end of the Leagues 1&2 and the entire pyramid of leagues below them.

This pyramid is the real heart and soul of British Football and without them the Big Six would struggle to find young British players anymore, for it these clubs that attract and develop children to the game and give them the chance to develop.

The absence of British players would affect how supporters will feel about the Six as they will have no relevance to the local supporters anymore.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm Quite simply, it would be the beginning and end of the Leagues 1&2 and the entire pyramid of leagues below them.

This pyramid is the real heart and soul of British Football and without them the Big Six would struggle to find young British players anymore, for it these clubs that attract and develop children to the game and give them the chance to develop.

The absence of British players would affect how supporters will feel about the Six as they will have no relevance to the local supporters anymore.
I don't think this is the real issue as the number of domestic players in the top 6 sides has been low for a while now. IMO the issue is giving 6 clubs the right to make and set the rules of the EPL for their own gain. No surprise the clubs pushing for this have US owners. Might be worth reading the book " The Billionaires Club" by James Montague especially the chapter on USA.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

No surprises but rejected by the EPL clubs .

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Old Master wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm Quite simply, it would be the beginning and end of the Leagues 1&2 and the entire pyramid of leagues below them.

Yet the efl are all for it?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:05 pm

I don't think this is the real issue as the number of domestic players in the top 6 sides has been low for a while now. IMO the issue is giving 6 clubs the right to make and set the rules of the EPL for their own gain. No surprise the clubs pushing for this have US owners. Might be worth reading the book " The Billionaires Club" by James Montague especially the chapter on USA.
EPL champions

Gomez
Robertson
Henderson
Oxlaide chamberlain (squad)
AlexAnder Arnold

Not ‘too’ bad

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:55 am No surprises but rejected by the EPL clubs .
If one of your clubs goes bankrupt due to not getting help, how will you feel?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 am
ozzie owl wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:55 am No surprises but rejected by the EPL clubs .
If one of your clubs goes bankrupt due to not getting help, how will you feel?
I would be upset if the Owls folded but clearly this was not the best way forward in the long term for English football.

You need some new material as your troll is so boring .

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

how else will clubs survive, and they (majority) have agreed this is the best option.

I don't like all parts, but your 'it's rubbish stance is ridiculous and uneducated.'

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:52 am how else will clubs survive, and they (majority) have agreed this is the best option.

I don't like all parts, but your 'it's rubbish stance is ridiculous and uneducated.cheap and nasty
Your reply is at your usual standard.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Champions at last wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:03 am

Yet the efl are all for it?
And who is the CEO of the EFL?
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all