Diego Maradona dies

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Diego Maradona dies

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nothing like the party I had when your heroine died.

GIAE, you won't beat that one.

And you know something, the port is still dead....so good that is.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Champions at last wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:01 pm Nothing like the party I had when your heroine died.

As a southerner, I thought you'd have liked her.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:04 pm
Champions at last wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:01 pm Nothing like the party I had when your heroine died.

I didn't know you generalised so much.

BTW What about James Meredith, or was that never proven.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Grosso Mk II wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:04 pm
Bomber wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:45 am Anyone who could annoy so many poms is ok by me. A unique and legend of a player.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

A player who had great ability & talent,pity about the drugs.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

predrag wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:39 pm A player who had great ability & talent,pity about the drugs.
It is actually really sad, there are talks already about renaming the stadium in Napoli after him

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Champions at last wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:10 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:04 pm

I didn't know you generalised so much.

BTW What about James Meredith, or was that never proven.

Just a rumour

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Fidel Castro was a great friend/fan of Diego who had his tattoo on his calf muscle,as a sign of respect for helping him with free drug rehab in Cuba,now Fidel died 4 years ago on 25/11-coincidence?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

predrag wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:55 pm Fidel Castro was a great friend/fan of Diego who had his tattoo on his calf muscle,as a sign of respect for helping him with free drug rehab in Cuba,now Fidel died 4 years ago on 25/11-coincidence?
and George Best died the same date.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Now i have goosebumps,legends must have something in common.

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Trezegoal #17 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:29 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:14 pm Party at mine tonight, going to be a big celebration.

Drug cheats should not be mourned.
I think you need to pump the brakes there a little. It's not like he was responsible for mass genocide or enslaving people, he was a footballer. You are within your rights to not like him as a person and/or a player but to openly celebrate someone's untimely death is low, even for you. He meant a whole lot to a lot of people and at the end of the day he is still a son, a father, a grandfather and deserves to be mourned by people.
English have no class, don't be too disappointed
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just took a break to say, the night is going well.

Keep up the celebrations all.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Sunny Vanilla wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:41 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:14 pm Party at mine tonight, going to be a big celebration.

I think you need to pump the brakes there a little. It's not like he was responsible for mass genocide or enslaving people, he was a footballer. You are within your rights to not like him as a person and/or a player but to openly celebrate someone's untimely death is low, even for you. He meant a whole lot to a lot of people and at the end of the day he is still a son, a father, a grandfather and deserves to be mourned by people.
I wonder if there is more than 10 at the party .

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Trezegoal #17 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:29 pmHe meant a whole lot to a lot of people and at the end of the day he is still a son, a father, a grandfather and deserves to be mourned by people.
Did you know him personally, a good friend of yours, distant family perhaps? Those are the people you mourn.

IMO all this mourning of celebrities is simply virtue signalling on social media and is forgotten in about 10 seconds.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

The bloke could play, he was inspirational to my generation of football players, he should be celebrated.

Shilton could handle the ball, maradona couldn't. It was a 50/50 and Shilton was beaten by a short àrse to get his hands on it. The ref missed it, tough luck. Id be more pissed at Shilton.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Unread post by Nice One Cyril » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:00 am

He meant a whole lot to a lot of people and at the end of the day he is still a son, a father, a grandfather and deserves to be mourned by people.
Did you know him personally, a good friend of yours, distant family perhaps? Those are the people you mourn.
surely trolling.....otherwise ignorance stemming from stupidity of the highest order....you dont need to know someone personally nor be related to them to appreciate the impact they had on ones life, city, region, country.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sunny Vanilla wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:53 am The bloke could play, he was inspirational to my generation of football players, he should be celebrated.

Shilton could handle the ball, maradona couldn't. It was a 50/50 and Shilton was beaten by a short àrse to get his hands on it. The ref missed it, tough luck. Id be more pissed at Shilton.
As Diego said, it was "cunning" not "cheating". Probably no different then to Broad not walking when he knew he was out.
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:30 am
Sunny Vanilla wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:53 am The bloke could play, he was inspirational to my generation of football players, he should be celebrated.

As Diego said, it was "cunning" not "cheating". Probably no different then to Broad not walking when he knew he was out.
Change the second n to a t and you've have it.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Twice banned for 15 months for being a drug cheat. He cheated his fellow players, the supporters and the game on a consistent basis without conscience. Gorged himself on free mafia coke for years to become a sad parody of himself. His death wasn’t untimely it was inevitable, what a waster

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

ozzie owl wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:45 pm
Sunny Vanilla wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:41 pm

I wonder if there is more than 10 at the party .
Doesn't matter its a bootcamp party
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:30 am

As I've said all along Broad cheated that day. No one mentions Clarke and Haddin doing the same in the same test though.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nobody could doubt his unbelievable talent, which makes it even worse that he resorted to blatant cheating. BTW it was never a 50/50, he was there well before Shilts but would never have reached it with his head. Even Saint Lineker was rude about him :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:36 am

Nobody could doubt his unbelievable talent, which makes it even worse that he resorted to blatant cheating. BTW it was never a 50/50, he was there well before Shilts but would never have reached it with his head. Even Saint Lineker was rude about him :lol:
I am well aware you cheat at golf. Nobody can get as bad scores as you without wrong doing.

Shilton gets off too lightly, he was a foot taller and could legally use his hands, no excuse to not claiming the ball.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:34 pm

I am well aware you cheat at golf. Nobody can get as bad scores as you without wrong doing.

Shilton gets off too lightly, he was a foot taller and could legally use his hands, no excuse to not claiming the ball.
Perhaps you should engage your brain before posting, anyone who cheats does so to improve their scores, not the other way around. :roll:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Perhaps you should engage your brain before posting, anyone who cheats does so to improve their scores, not the other way around. :roll:
Booby prize......

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Lineker is playing innocent on it all.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bodø Glimt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bodø Glimt »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:58 pm
SP999 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Still suffering that World Cup loss?

Let it go...
We didn't play them in the 1994 world cup.
You didn't play anyone in the 1994 world cup. I know because we eliminated you in qualifying. :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bodø Glimt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:28 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:58 pm
SP999 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Still suffering that World Cup loss?

Let it go...
We didn't play them in the 1994 world cup.
You didn't play anyone in the 1994 world cup. I know because we eliminated you in qualifying. :lol:
You were one of 4 teams that did so. We played a number of teams in the world cup of 1994, we just didn't play any in the FINALS.

Trezegoal #17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Trezegoal #17 »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:30 am
Trezegoal #17 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:29 pmHe meant a whole lot to a lot of people and at the end of the day he is still a son, a father, a grandfather and deserves to be mourned by people.

IMO all this mourning of celebrities is simply virtue signalling on social media and is forgotten in about 10 seconds.
Not on social media so definitely not my angle. I was simply responding to GIAE's comment that drug cheats should not only not be mourned, but their death celebrated. Also in no way did I say I was mourning him, I said he deserves to be mourned by people, obviously those who feel he has touched their lives in a meaningful way, whether they knew him personally or not.

Am I sad that he is gone, yes, but for me it stems more from what a talent he was and that in my opinion he wasted it. He succumbed to things that a large portion of the population are guilty of but none of it reprehensible enough to warrant celebration of his death. Again my main gripe, is celebrating the death of someone such as him, is a very low act.
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"