EPL 21/22

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Post Reply
Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

That is a disgraceful call for a penalty & red card by Taylor and the lily-livered knob in the VAR box didn't have the cojones to tell him he was wrong.

Pro football is shiraz.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:09 am
That is a disgraceful call for a penalty & red card by Taylor and the lily-livered knob in the VAR box didn't have the cojones to tell him he was wrong.

Pro football is shiraz.
No clear & obvious error Cyril :lol:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:36 am
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:09 am
That is a disgraceful call for a penalty & red card by Taylor and the lily-livered knob in the VAR box didn't have the cojones to tell him he was wrong.

Pro football is shiraz.
No clear & obvious error Cyril :lol:
Clear and obvious to every pundit in the studios, every fan watching at the ground and on TV, but not the VAR apparently :lol:

Still don't get why those marginal calls aren't referred back to the pitch ref to have a look at the monitor, it would fix 90% of the silly calls.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2657
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:09 am
That is a disgraceful call for a penalty & red card by Taylor and the lily-livered knob in the VAR box didn't have the cojones to tell him he was wrong.

Pro football is shiraz.
Absolutely, the officials are actual real live dumbfucks. How are they the only ones that don’t know the likes of tierney & lacazette playact every bloody time trying to buy frees and get players carded. I can’t relate to that shite, it’s embarrassing to watch. Been a bad, bad week for the refs.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:36 am
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:09 am
That is a disgraceful call for a penalty & red card by Taylor and the lily-livered knob in the VAR box didn't have the cojones to tell him he was wrong.

Pro football is shiraz.
No clear & obvious error Cyril :lol:
Much like the 'foul' on Odergaard :lol:

How'd you like them apples? ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:51 am
haywood djablowme wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:36 am
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:09 am
That is a disgraceful call for a penalty & red card by Taylor and the lily-livered knob in the VAR box didn't have the cojones to tell him he was wrong.

Pro football is shiraz.
No clear & obvious error Cyril :lol:
Much like the 'foul' on Odergaard :lol:

How'd you like them apples? ;-)
Pro football is shiraz.
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by haywood djablowme »

They get rid of VAR or review - pitch side - every decision! The inconsistency in their decision making is clearly evident for all to see, unsure how the people above are not seeing it
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:43 am
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:51 am
haywood djablowme wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:36 am
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:09 am
That is a disgraceful call for a penalty & red card by Taylor and the lily-livered knob in the VAR box didn't have the cojones to tell him he was wrong.

Pro football is shiraz.
No clear & obvious error Cyril :lol:
Much like the 'foul' on Odergaard :lol:

How'd you like them apples? ;-)
Pro football is shiraz.
:lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by haywood djablowme »

SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Still salty about the Arsenal game? :lol:

Holt is a Goon so he only moans when it goes against them, which is almost never. ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

On the subject of VAR, just how did Mane get away with the elbow against Chelsea?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:30 pm
On the subject of VAR, just how did Mane get away with the elbow against Chelsea?
Everyday a red card to any other team, bar Citeh!

Refs don't know what they are doing anymore
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

theorakle
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1736
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:04 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by theorakle »

dont need var should scrap it just let the refs do their jobs as they have for 100 years, also refs should now be able to send divers off early in the game then the coaches will stop it quicksmart and the game could become MANLY again. :thumbdown:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2872
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:19 pm
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Con M »

Wolves deserved winners @ Old Trafford. They ran United ragged in the first half.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:31 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:30 pm
On the subject of VAR, just how did Mane get away with the elbow against Chelsea?
Everyday a red card to any other team, bar Citeh!

Refs don't know what they are doing anymore
I think they do, but they're second guessing VAR all the time. Most calls in football are subjective, so to have two subjective opinions was always going to end in tears and crap decisions. Keep VAR for offsides, but simplify it to only use the feet, and take away the 'clear and obvious' BS. For anything serious that there is any doubt about, there should be no communication between VAR and the onfield ref, simply a buzzer in his hear that directs him to go and look at the monitor to check his onfield decision.

There can be only one referee and all VAR should be doing is giving them better angles and information. They'll still make marginal decisions, that's the nature of the game, but that I can accept.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2657
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by N5 1BH »

vAR was brought in to eliminate refs mistakes. Is it now time to bring in VAAR to eliminate VAR mistakes

theorakle
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1736
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:04 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by theorakle »

Con M wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:30 am
Wolves deserved winners @ Old Trafford. They ran United ragged in the first half.
agreed. should only pay them when they win. then their wives would get into them as well/ :thumbdown:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Just love headlines like this
Dusan Vlahovic snubs Arsenal move as Serbian is seeking 'a more ambitious project'
:lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:27 pm
Just love headlines like this
Dusan Vlahovic snubs Arsenal move as Serbian is seeking 'a more ambitious project'
:lol:
Being Serbian perhaps he is having more of a dig at the EPL/English football rather than the club itself? :idea:

Unless he is fishing for a move to Man. City, Liverpool etc?

theorakle
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1736
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:04 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by theorakle »

theorakle wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:15 am
dont need var should scrap it just let the refs do their jobs as they have for 100 years, also refs should now be able to send divers off early in the game then the coaches will stop it quicksmart and the game could become MANLY again. :thumbdown:
seeing as we have no comment on this one we can take it that the bulk of people like the game the way it is nowadays with actors and sofkoks with shirt pullers etc blighting the game. :(

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 7426
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Old Master »

theorakle wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:28 am
theorakle wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:15 am
dont need var should scrap it just let the refs do their jobs as they have for 100 years, also refs should now be able to send divers off early in the game then the coaches will stop it quicksmart and the game could become MANLY again. :thumbdown:
seeing as we have no comment on this one we can take it that the bulk of people like the game the way it is nowadays with actors and sofkoks with shirt pullers etc blighting the game. :(
Oracle, it wasn't quite as rosy as you make it appear back our day, there were plenty of cheats back then but it wasn't as easily spotted.
I remember when the 'Squirrel Grip' was a common act by forwards to win a penalty during corners and the 'foot stamp; from defenders to get a free kick for themselves for a push in the back.

Then there were the 'accidental' punches from Goal Keepers going for a high ball in the box, etc.
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

theorakle
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1736
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:04 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by theorakle »

Old Master wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:47 pm
theorakle wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:28 am
theorakle wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:15 am
dont need var should scrap it just let the refs do their jobs as they have for 100 years, also refs should now be able to send divers off early in the game then the coaches will stop it quicksmart and the game could become MANLY again. :thumbdown:
seeing as we have no comment on this one we can take it that the bulk of people like the game the way it is nowadays with actors and sofkoks with shirt pullers etc blighting the game. :(
Oracle, it wasn't quite as rosy as you make it appear back our day, there were plenty of cheats back then but it wasn't as easily spotted.
I remember when the 'Squirrel Grip' was a common act by forwards to win a penalty during corners and the 'foot stamp; from defenders to get a free kick for themselves for a push in the back.

Then there were the 'accidental' punches from Goal Keepers going for a high ball in the box, etc.
have anyone noticed how the guilty stick their hands in the air after they have fouled someone these days. its a dead givaway the cupid stunts. :roll:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2872
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:19 pm
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Con M »

Gutsy, gritty performance this morn by Arsenal @ Anfield. That’s the sort of mental toughness to take into Monday morning’s derby @ Tottingham. Made amends for the poor showing @ Robin Hood’s place in the FA. Cup.

In this morning’s Carabao (EFL) Cup semi-final first leg they were down to 10
men mid-way in the first half but managed to restrict Liverpool to a couple of shots only. I know Xhaka has often been a liability for Arsenal but I honestly think this time he had his eyes only on the flight of the ball and a bit clumsily was trying to clear it with his left foot and didn’t see Jota rushing up behind him. I thought VAR was meant to review all red cards. There would have been a few camera angles which would have caught where Xhaka’s eyes were focussed.


IMO Xhaka has had his issues but I don’t think the Gunners will get rid of him. He is a powerful player and they should convert him into a left centre-back rather than keep playing him as a defensive mid.

And who says 0-0 can’t be exciting, edge-of-the-seat stuff like the game today @ Anfield? Yeah, I know - the clowns at Radio FiveAAFL who think they can pontificate on all sport.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2657
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by N5 1BH »

They should have converted him into a Roma player when they had the chance

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:48 am
They should have converted him into a Roma player when they had the chance
:lol: his style is more suited to the Fox & Hounds ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Tottenham v Arsenal game has been postponed as Arsenal's request has been granted by the league authorities.
It would appear that Arsenal have bent the original intention of the rules as though they were within their right regarding Covid-19 and injuries to players, the league did not include loss of players to the Africa Cup of Nations.
The postponement sets a dangerous precedent and will surely be followed by other clubs if and when it suits.
This can of worms stinks- IMO clubs with international players know that they will 'lose' players at regular intervals due to the respective international competitions. This should mean that such players should not be counted when any club requests a postponement under such conditions.

My club Celtic could try the same tactic v Rangers soon due to the potential 'loss' of three Japanese players (their most recent signings). I would hope my club and big Ange do the right thing and get on with it. Just because it suits your club doesn't make it right.

Final say is you can't blame the Club (Arsenal in this case) for submitting the application to postpone the game- blame the League authorities for accepting the request.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17665
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:09 am
Tottenham v Arsenal game has been postponed as Arsenal's request has been granted by the league authorities.
It would appear that Arsenal have bent the original intention of the rules as though they were within their right regarding Covid-19 and injuries to players, the league did not include loss of players to the Africa Cup of Nations.
The postponement sets a dangerous precedent and will surely be followed by other clubs if and when it suits.
This can of worms stinks- IMO clubs with international players know that they will 'lose' players at regular intervals due to the respective international competitions. This should mean that such players should not be counted when any club requests a postponement under such conditions.

My club Celtic could try the same tactic v Rangers soon due to the potential 'loss' of three Japanese players (their most recent signings). I would hope my club and big Ange do the right thing and get on with it. Just because it suits your club doesn't make it right.

Final say is you can't blame the Club (Arsenal in this case) for submitting the application to postpone the game- blame the League authorities for accepting the request.
Did they let Celtic into the Premier League while I was at golf?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by haywood djablowme »

thebeautifulgame wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:09 am
Tottenham v Arsenal game has been postponed as Arsenal's request has been granted by the league authorities.
It would appear that Arsenal have bent the original intention of the rules as though they were within their right regarding Covid-19 and injuries to players, the league did not include loss of players to the Africa Cup of Nations.
The postponement sets a dangerous precedent and will surely be followed by other clubs if and when it suits.
This can of worms stinks- IMO clubs with international players know that they will 'lose' players at regular intervals due to the respective international competitions. This should mean that such players should not be counted when any club requests a postponement under such conditions.

My club Celtic could try the same tactic v Rangers soon due to the potential 'loss' of three Japanese players (their most recent signings). I would hope my club and big Ange do the right thing and get on with it. Just because it suits your club doesn't make it right.

Final say is you can't blame the Club (Arsenal in this case) for submitting the application to postpone the game- blame the League authorities for accepting the request.
Silly post!! Don't blame Arsenal, plenty of clubs before them have bent the rules
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:51 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:09 am
Tottenham v Arsenal game has been postponed as Arsenal's request has been granted by the league authorities.
It would appear that Arsenal have bent the original intention of the rules as though they were within their right regarding Covid-19 and injuries to players, the league did not include loss of players to the Africa Cup of Nations.
The postponement sets a dangerous precedent and will surely be followed by other clubs if and when it suits.
This can of worms stinks- IMO clubs with international players know that they will 'lose' players at regular intervals due to the respective international competitions. This should mean that such players should not be counted when any club requests a postponement under such conditions.

My club Celtic could try the same tactic v Rangers soon due to the potential 'loss' of three Japanese players (their most recent signings). I would hope my club and big Ange do the right thing and get on with it. Just because it suits your club doesn't make it right.

Final say is you can't blame the Club (Arsenal in this case) for submitting the application to postpone the game- blame the League authorities for accepting the request.
Did they let Celtic into the Premier League while I was at golf?
:lol: Apologies, just saying that the same scenario could happen 'up north' (all be it a different league).

User avatar
Bodø
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by Bodø »

You're going a lot further north next month.
Football used to be my life. Now I have a life.

Post Reply