Socceroos World Cup Campaign

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Socceroos World Cup Campaign

Post by United We Stand »

Congratulations to the Socceroos for their 1-0 win in Jordan. It was our first win in Jordan in four attempts and augurs well for them to top this Qualifying group. It caps off a good week for our national teams this week.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Socceroos World Cup Campaign

Post by eagleboy »

Were Back. The Socceroos will play their first match in over 500 days when they take on Nepal in Kathmandu. Australia's crucial FIFA World Cup qualifier against Nepal on March 30

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/how-to- ... ive-on-sbs

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

what are their chances?

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

I suspect a 0-0 draw.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

B.Toomer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:32 pm I suspect a 0-0 draw.
:lol:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Socceroos head to Kuwait hub for World Cup qualifiers

Australia will have to travel to Kuwait to play their four remaining preliminary 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in a hub between May 31 and June 15.
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/soccero ... qualifiers

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Socceroos handed World Cup curveball as Graham Arnold calls for caution

The Socceroos will be forced to play their four remaining preliminary World Cup qualifiers in Kuwait starting from May 31.

Australia was hoping to host a hub for all of the Group B matches that still need to be played but the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) have now confirmed Kuwait as the destination for those games.
Graham Arnold's side currently lead their group by two points and have a game in hand with matches to come against Kuwait, Chinese Taipei, Nepal and Jordan.
Only the winners of each group are guaranteed a spot in the next round of qualifying and Arnold is determined to make sure the Socceroos don't slip up on what has become a much trickier path to Qatar.
"We have to play four matches in 12 days in extreme conditions and frankly we cannot take any chances because although we lead the group we are not there yet," Arnold said.
"For this reason I will pick a big squad comprising the best 30 players and four goalkeepers.
"Besides, there are also ranking considerations to consider. If we lose just one game we lose points in the rankings system which could come back to bite us later on. For example, if Korea Republic slip up and have a loss we could go above them if we win our four matches.
"So, yes, the clubs might feel that perhaps I should release some players if we reach qualification with a game or two to spare but I just cannot afford to do it."
China, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Japan, United Arab Emirates and South Korea have all also been selected as hubs by the AFC with Australia hoping to secure home matches in the third phase of qualifying.
The Socceroos haven't played since November 2019 when they beat Jordan 1-0 in Amman and have successfully qualified for the past four World Cups.
Australia was originally meant to play Kuwait at home later this month but that game will now take place in June in Kuwait.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The biggest problem for Oz is whether European clubs will release players for these games in places with limited Chinese Virus protection.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Old Master wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:33 pm The biggest problem for Oz is whether European clubs will release players for these games in places with limited Chinese Virus protection.
what's Chinese Virus ?? one would have thought you invented COVID-19

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:40 pm
Old Master wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:33 pm The biggest problem for Oz is whether European clubs will release players for these games in places with limited Chinese Virus protection.
China is where the Virus originated and anyone who doesn't know that is either deaf, blind, dumb or stupid, despite all attempts to cloud the facts by China and their pets, the WHO and I don't mean the band.
Workers from the Philippines were reporting a 'terrible new virus' back in August 2019 and Chinese students warned about it in September but were quickly silenced by Chinese Government agents who threatened their families.
Vietnamese students were warned by their families not to return home for the Christmas break because of the threat from a new Chinese Virus.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Old Master wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:37 pm
China is where the Virus originated and anyone who doesn't know that is either deaf, blind, dumb or stupid, despite all attempts to cloud the facts by China and their pets, the WHO and I don't mean the band.
Workers from the Philippines were reporting a 'terrible new virus' back in August 2019 and Chinese students warned about it in September but were quickly silenced by Chinese Government agents who threatened their families.
Vietnamese students were warned by their families not to return home for the Christmas break because of the threat from a new Chinese Virus.
So what do you call the Swine Flu? Or the Spanish Flu?

Neither of those are named after the country they originated from.

Keep your racism to yourself.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Delete Your Account wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:16 am

Absolute rubbish, I am not against the Chinese people, of whom I have quite a few friends, I am against the Chinese Communist Government, who knew the Virus originated in Wuhan's wet markets and tried, successfully as it turns out given your response to my earlier post to blame other countries and spread ridiculous rumours on the internet of the virus beginning elsewhere..
They then proceeded to close their borders to the WHO until such time as they had cleaned up all the evidence of the virus's origin.
So why do you believe the virus shouldn't be called the Chinese Virus, the Spanish flu was so called because that is where it was first identified, as China is where their virus was first identified, simple really.
If you don't believe that then what do you think about variations of the virus being called the South African or UK variant? :idea: :idea: :shh:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Old Master wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Absolute rubbish, I am not against the Chinese people, of whom I have quite a few friends, I am against the Chinese Communist Government, who knew the Virus originated in Wuhan's wet markets and tried, successfully as it turns out given your response to my earlier post to blame other countries and spread ridiculous rumours on the internet of the virus beginning elsewhere..
They then proceeded to close their borders to the WHO until such time as they had cleaned up all the evidence of the virus's origin.
So why do you believe the virus shouldn't be called the Chinese Virus, the Spanish flu was so called because that is where it was first identified, as China is where their virus was first identified, simple really.
If you don't believe that then what do you think about variations of the virus being called the South African or UK variant? :idea: :idea: :shh:
The Spanish Flu is so named because the Spanish media didn't hide the story. It originated and was first identified in the USA. Just like Swine Flu.

Maybe check on what's happened in Atlanta recently if you don't believe that using racist terms has consequences.

Calling something a variant is completely different.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

thats the trouble with so many do gooders these days , soon as you call out anyone else for clear breaches of anything out comes the racism card. its pathetic
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:15 pm thats the trouble with so many do gooders these days , soon as you call out anyone else for clear breaches of anything out comes the racism card. its pathetic
I'll play the racist card when someone is racist, yes.

Even if OM does have Chinese friends.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Delete Your Account wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:53 pm
Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:15 pm thats the trouble with so many do gooders these days , soon as you call out anyone else for clear breaches of anything out comes the racism card. its pathetic

what did he say that makes him a racist ?
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:53 pm
Delete Your Account wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:53 pm

what did he say that makes him a racist ?
Something he was 'Offended' about, poor baby, used to be called the 'Truth' in my day when you called a spade a spade. :shh:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Bozo is the most racist red in this joint but he doesn't know it yet

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Should Arnie have organised practice matches for the Socceroos even if they could have been local Socceroo players against New Zealand or State sides during this break. Socceroos v Olyroos?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Grosso Mk II wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:30 pm Bozo is the most racist red in this joint but he doesn't know it yet
WTF got to do with WC campaign?

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

But the China virus Did originate from china.
The CCP hid the break out and so now the rest of the world is suffering....
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Michael wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:43 pm

But the China virus Did originate from china.
The CCP hid the break out and so now the rest of the world is suffering....
Unfortunately most people accept what the Chinese media say is true and call you racist for challenging their lies and deceitful actions.
Too many people are afraid to speak the truth anymore because these of these easily 'offended' morons.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS - AFC 12/06/2021 on SBS

Australia v Nepal

KO
02:30

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Arnold's squad for FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in June

Australia’s two most experienced playmakers Aaron Mooy and Tom Rogic have opted out of World Cup qualifiers in June

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/a-leag ... fiers-june

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

eagleboy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:50 pm Arnold's squad for FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in June

Australia’s two most experienced playmakers Aaron Mooy and Tom Rogic have opted out of World Cup qualifiers in June

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/a-leag ... fiers-june
Given their respective form of late we won't miss them too much, they should both be excluded from any further qualifiers in the future. :shh:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Match Details
Australia v Kuwait
Thursday, 3 June 2021 (4 June AEST)
Venue: Jaber Al-Hamad International Stadium
Kick-off: 10.00pm local, 5:00am AEST (Friday morning)
Watch on Fox Sports, Kayo Sports, ABC TV, and My Football Live App.

Australia v Chinese Taipei
Monday, 7 June 2021 (8 June AEST)
Kick-off: 10.00pm local, 5.00am AEST (Tuesday morning)
Watch on Fox Sports, Kayo Sports, SBS Television, and My Football Live App.

Nepal v Australia
Friday, 11 June 2021 (12 June AEST)
Kick-off: 7.00pm local, 2.00am AEST (Saturday morning)
Watch on Fox Sports, Kayo Sports, ABC TV, and Football Live App.

Australia v Jordan
Tuesday, 15 June 2021 (16 June AEST)
Venue: TBC
Kick-off: TBC
Watch on Fox Sports, Kayo Sports, ABC TV, and My Football Live App.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Comfortable 3-0 win against Kuwait with Leckie scoring in the 1st minute.

Surely only Jordan will be any sort of threat in this Group.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

GROUP B
MP W D L GF GA +/- PTS

AUSTRALIA 5 5 0 0 19 1 18 15

KUWAIT 6 3 1 2 17 6 11 10

JORDAN 5 3 1 1 10 2 8 10

NEPAL 6 2 0 4 4 16 -12 6

CHINESE TAIPEI 6 0 0 6 2 27 -25 0

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Con M wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:34 am Comfortable 3-0 win against Kuwait with Leckie scoring in the 1st minute.

Surely only Jordan will be any sort of threat in this Group.
C9 didn't even the score out on the news, and yet they were chasing A league.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Congratulations to Riley McGree on his Socceroo debut. Who would think a boy playing in Gawler would ever be playing in a world cup qualifier for the Socceroos'.