peaked caps................

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

peaked caps................

Post by geoff9559 »

Hi - I've looked through a few areas in these forums and couldnt find a thing about the wearing of peaked caps by the Goalkeeper. THere's nothing in the FFSA rules and regulations about peaked caps either.

I happened to see a game where the goalkeeper's peaked cap was so long and so hard that he'd have done someone and injury if he'd connected with them - which it seemed like he was trying to do on occasions in corners and with people milling around him.

I realise that peaked caps arent allowed with field players but am wondering whether there are any rules or limitations on the goalie's peaked cap?

cheers

Geoff9559

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Re: peaked caps................

Post by Chico »

geoff9559 wrote:Hi - I've looked through a few areas in these forums and couldnt find a thing about the wearing of peaked caps by the Goalkeeper. THere's nothing in the FFSA rules and regulations about peaked caps either.

I happened to see a game where the goalkeeper's peaked cap was so long and so hard that he'd have done someone and injury if he'd connected with them - which it seemed like he was trying to do on occasions in corners and with people milling around him.

I realise that peaked caps arent allowed with field players but am wondering whether there are any rules or limitations on the goalie's peaked cap?

cheers

Geoff9559
Is there a law against it? I can't find one...

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Re: peaked caps................

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

They are allowed to be worn as long as the peak is less than 100 metres long. This is to prevent the the goal keeper rolling the ball along the peak for a.goal at the other end.