Strategic Plan for Refereeing

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

jimmy2014
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Strategic Plan for Refereeing

Post by jimmy2014 »

The FFSA 2015-2017 3 year strategic plan basically provides 2 points relating to refereeing in SA:
1. increase match officials to 500 through referee recruitment campaign
2. improve development opportunities

I'm not sure how we're tracking against the 500 target, but I'd be surprised if there were 150.
FFSA have a ref development mgr now AND a referee assist position, what are they doing since they are absorbing the revenue raised from referee levies?
FFSA have less inspectors now than ever before. How do FFSA measure the quality of ref's and their development if they don't have assessors? (albeit this is a very tainted system)
Does the SASF Ref's association still exist and are they being used to develop referees?

The quality of ref's appears to have declined in the 7 or so years that FFSA have been running them, what is being done to arrest that?

The FFA referee plan only appears to focus on A-league and FIFA. What plans, monitoring and reporting are happening to advance and improve refereeing in SA?

I believe the sport needs to address the issues with refereeing in SA given the current status of numbers and quality is not acceptable.

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Strategic Plan for Refereeing

Post by JBJBJB »

+1
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller