AFL 2020

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Re: AFL 2020

Post by Just Dave now »

crows cheating again lol
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Far be if for me to defend the Crows at the best of times, but seriously, what did they do that was so wrong? The AFL think they are above the law sometimes. If the Crows had a McGuire or Kennett at the helm, they would tell them to get stuffed.
Ignore this signature

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Bomber wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:51 am Far be if for me to defend the Crows at the best of times, but seriously, what did they do that was so wrong? The AFL think they are above the law sometimes. If the Crows had a McGuire or Kennett at the helm, they would tell them to get stuffed.
With you. Its all about the Victorian sides thinking they are disadvantaged because of their toxic governments rules. All the Crows players were doing was having a kick , end to end. Our SA rules allow groups of 10, the Vics allow 10. McGuire or Kennett control the AFL.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Rumours circulating in Melbourne that some other clubs did same. Would be hilarious if true.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

eagleboy wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:01 am Rumours circulating in Melbourne that some other clubs did same. Would be hilarious if true.
What makes me laugh is they claim its all about "being fair and equitable". Every time the draw is done that gets smashed for starters - bunch of hypocrites the AFL.
Ignore this signature

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

This gets funnier.

ALL AFL players have now been granted government approval for non-contact training in groups of 10 after Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews on Monday followed other states in relaxing COVID-19 social restrictions.From first thing Wednesday, footballers from the 10 Victorian teams will be permitted to train in that number.

The AFL initially on Monday was not planning to make any public announcements about rules pertaining to a competition legislated return to training, and playing.

Does this mean they have to wait until all interstate teams quarantining have done their time.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

afl remind me of 20 cooks running around trying to prepare one meal for a guest but change the menu on him every 5 minutes and say its his fault and still haven't served the dish as they are stlll trying to work out whats best for him

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

given everything.....does anyone really care anymore??? as much as I have missed sport, I just cant get motivated because the integrity of the comp has been further compromised....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:30 am afl remind me of 20 cooks running around trying to prepare one meal for a guest but change the menu on him every 5 minutes and say its his fault and still haven't served the dish as they are stlll trying to work out whats best for him
Sounds like they have convinced him of when he's getting his meal, even though the dish itself remains to be seen. :lol:
Ignore this signature

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Geelong Cats midfielder Jack Steven is in hospital receiving treatment after being stabbed in the chest in a serious incident in Melbourne last night

This will be blamed on the A/Crows training camp in the Barossa, :grin:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

First of more than usual draws this season methinks.

As for the knee thing. :roll:
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:51 am First of more than usual draws this season methinks.

As for the knee thing. :roll:
Apart from the close score pretty ordinary game, the shortened games were always going to lower scores even further.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Bomber your boys can't keep out of the news. One would have thought all the drugs in their system would make them immune to anything :smile:

Essendon player Conor McKenna returns positive coronavirus test
The AFL season hangs in the balance only weeks after its return following the bombshell news one player had tested positive for coronavirus.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

surely theres a supplement the Bomber players can take to prevent transmission of COVID19
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

eagleboy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:52 pm Bomber your boys can't keep out of the news. One would have thought all the drugs in their system would make them immune to anything :smile:

The AFL season hangs in the balance only weeks after its return following the bombshell news one player had tested positive for coronavirus.
Finally, a Bombers player actually tested positive to something.
Ignore this signature

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Bomber wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:06 am
eagleboy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:52 pm Bomber your boys can't keep out of the news. One would have thought all the drugs in their system would make them immune to anything :smile:

Is that WADA banned. :thumbup:

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:07 pm crows cheating again lol
to the bottom of the ladder?
:???:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

"False positive". :lol:

Makes you wonder about stats overall and how many others test "false positive".
Ignore this signature

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Bomber wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:35 am

"False positive". :lol:

Makes you wonder about stats overall and how many others test "false positive".
so is it a true negative now lol

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

any chance that he may have recovered????

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:59 am any chance that he may have recovered????
One day - hasn't got it (tested)
Next day or two - has got it (tested)
Couple days later - hasn't got it (tested)

So much for this 14 day thing
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Apart from the close scores the overall standard of AFL has slumped to an all time low. Its like watching under 11 footy with about 30 players all within a kick of the ball.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

no one wants to play vic teams any more except amongst themselves lol

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Very messy. The heavy reliance on Vic teams/infrastructure and their sense of ownership of the sport sure is under the microscope.

At least the NRL had some foresight. Bit of luck involved but their hubs made more sense.
Ignore this signature

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

ozzie owl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 am Apart from the close scores the overall standard of AFL has slumped to an all time low. Its like watching under 11 footy with about 30 players all within a kick of the ball.
So true, have not watched one entire game of AFL this season, actually sat and watched the second half of the Legs and the Roosters on Saturday and enjoyed that heaps more

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Surely Tex has to be dropped after the weekends performance? 2 kicks and 4 handballs and some of his marking efforts were poor IMO. He didn't look like he wanted to be out there with the efforts he put in.

If you are going to not play Gibbs because you want to play youth then you have to be consistent if players are not performing.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Mr Red wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:40 pm Surely Tex has to be dropped after the weekends performance? 2 kicks and 4 handballs and some of his marking efforts were poor IMO. He didn't look like he wanted to be out there with the efforts he put in.

If you are going to not play Gibbs because you want to play youth then you have to be consistent if players are not performing.
As a Crows supporter I agree 100%, Tex needs to be shown hes not invincible and will also show the rest of the squad that no one is safe. Gibbs certainly needs to be brought back into the side. The Crows have ruined his career.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Cooper » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Gibbs certainly needs to be brought back into the side. The Crows have ruined his career.
2 coaches across 3 seasons haven't picked him consistently and you think the Club has ruined his career??? you obviously haven't heard the rumours....

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

MegaBonus wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:56 pm
Cooper » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Gibbs certainly needs to be brought back into the side. The Crows have ruined his career.
2 coaches across 3 seasons haven't picked him consistently and you think the Club has ruined his career??? you obviously haven't heard the rumours....
Do tell

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

lets just say that he thought he was escaping a situation in Victoria only for it to follow him here.