Coaching Movements

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Coaching Movements

Post by united92 »

sportsbird wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:58 am Coming from sources inside Salisbury Inter camp that Tracey Jenkins has been confirmed as Head coach of West Adelaide.
Salisbury Inter are absolutely livid with Tracey and West Adelaide for chasing her and negotiating behind the scenes especially prior to finals. Apparently Tracey promised SI to build the club as a #1 team into the future and now failed to deliver her promise. Furthermore, Salisbury Inter will now be concerned as Calder, Ryder, Cote, Condon, Pavlomanolakis, Nishitani, Mullen and may be few others will go with Tracey to West Adelaide. This will place SI in a very bad situation coming into 2021. Also, it was said from the SI camp that approx 6 players quit from Salisbury Inter at the beginning of the season because of Tracey. Some of those players were Comyns now a league final winning Metro Keeper, Hurst & Taylor quit. Well, if this is what Tracey brings to the club, Good Luck to West Adelaide. In conclusion, it must be said that Tracey & West Adelaide board must be held responsible in which the club ended its finals campaign. It appears from the previous comments in the forum about Tracey just confirms that she places her interest first before any club.
Hello Perth

Shankland
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Shankland »

Posted on WA Womens facebook

WNPL NEWS 🚨
West Adelaide SC would like to announce Tracey Jenkins will be Head Coach for season 2021.

Assisting alongside her will be Alice Gorman as well as Alex Macdonald.

We want to welcome Tracey and Alex to the club and want to welcome back Alice. We look forward to the season starting and can’t wait to see what this trio of talented ladies can do for the girls our club.

Go Hellas 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Thought I'd review my post. And the ensuing comment. The street fighter did win. I rate Chrissy big time and when she's back in the line up in 2021 I expect Chrissy to hit the ground running and contribute to the team.

scar wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:20 pm
Riggles64 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:22 pm My money is on the street fighter metro.
Big call but on what I've seen this season I just can't see this happening bec. AC are far too skilled all over the park.
With no Chrissy Panagaris, Metro will not be troubling the City defence & so I remain confident AC will prove too classy.
Btw congratulations to Metro on making the finals after a very gutsy (& deserved) win over SI. :clap:

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Seems the forum was right again.

Congrats to TJ and her coaching team. As to what they can achieve at westies? Let's hope for the WNPL's sake, we have a very very strong westies. I'm sure they will be very competitive next season.

As for Adrian, I hope he gets a gig elsewhere.
Shankland wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:05 am Posted on WA Womens facebook

WNPL NEWS 🚨
West Adelaide SC would like to announce Tracey Jenkins will be Head Coach for season 2021.

Assisting alongside her will be Alice Gorman as well as Alex Macdonald.

We want to welcome Tracey and Alex to the club and want to welcome back Alice. We look forward to the season starting and can’t wait to see what this trio of talented ladies can do for the girls our club.

Go Hellas 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️

KRO
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KRO »

Mansueto goneski from Comets?

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

KRO wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:47 pm Mansueto goneski from Comets?
I'll be interested to see where Comets go from here. Tony has done alot of ground work for the club.

Have heard John Panagaris left West for comets at the end of the season but not sure for which coaching role? Does anyone know?

gunners14
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners14 »

Any further news on coaches?

City, Comets, Inter, all yet to make announcements but have had trials already?

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Majority of trials will be more for reserves players. My mail is City will give the role to Tiarn Powell
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Congratulations to Tony Scalzi - coach of the year
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

gee_kay wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:03 pm Majority of trials will be more for reserves players. My mail is City will give the role to Tiarn Powell
Tiarn is coaching FSA Under 15 state girls this year.

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

I don't know Tiarn well however, it can only be a plus for a well established and credentialed WNPL player to take on a role with a crucial age group. I wish her well.

BillShankly wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:55 am
gee_kay wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:03 pm Majority of trials will be more for reserves players. My mail is City will give the role to Tiarn Powell
Tiarn is coaching FSA Under 15 state girls this year.

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Sad news for Tony M. He did a lot of work in the lead up to Comets promotion to the WNPL. They have been very competitive (albeit the results do not reflect) and hopefully whom ever takes over can get the team to be even better in 2021. John P is a good communicator and has a passion for the women's game. I suspect he will recruit well.

Tough gig being the head coach however, if John gets it I am certain he will do well.
Rightside wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:28 am
KRO wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:47 pm Mansueto goneski from Comets?
I'll be interested to see where Comets go from here. Tony has done alot of ground work for the club.

Have heard John Panagaris left West for comets at the end of the season but not sure for which coaching role? Does anyone know?

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

gunners14 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:40 am Any further news on coaches?

Inter coach collecting fly buy points, Barcelona to Salisbury ..........

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

The Adelaide Comets Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Diaz Obieglo to the role of Women's Senior Coach for the 2021 WNPLSA season.

Diaz brings a wealth of knowledge to the role from previously winning two championships with the Reserve team at Adelaide University.

Welcome Diaz to the Comets Family.

^^^ from the Comets Facebook. Good appointment for the club, a loss for Uni.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

terryball wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:59 pm
gunners14 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:40 am Any further news on coaches?

Inter coach collecting fly buy points, Barcelona to Salisbury ..........
The Cat is coming home

gunners14
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners14 »

Glad to see some new head coaches to the WNPL next year. Any further news on Santrac and where he’s off to next year?

There was speculation earlier on in the forum that he left WA for City?

KRO
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KRO »

New name to take the helm at the runners up : Jamie Dunning

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Wash up from season 2020? Which coaches are where? Comets and City have new coaches. New to the WNPL. Not just established heads moving from one club to another. Better throw Fulham into the mix with their new bloke. Good to see new people at the helm.

Won't be long before pre-season games start. Will 2021 see a pre-season Cup or charity comp and game?

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

KRO wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:26 pm New name to take the helm at the runners up : Jamie Dunning
Still nothing official out of the City camp yet regarding their new Head Coach?
And held trials over the weekend for new WNPL/Reserves players, neither of the listed contacts were this guy.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

SAD GAL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:35 pm Wash up from season 2020? Which coaches are where? Comets and City have new coaches. New to the WNPL. Not just established heads moving from one club to another. Better throw Fulham into the mix with their new bloke. Good to see new people at the helm.

Won't be long before pre-season games start. Will 2021 see a pre-season Cup or charity comp and game?
Looks like a Pre Season Cup competition going by the looks online

Marinos
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Marinos »

5 new head coaches appointed
2 new faces to the league
2 promoted
1 recycled

lots of $$$ being splashed around
lots of players being promised big things

KRO
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KRO »

Adel City has announced Jamie Dunning as Womens Premier League coach. Its on Facebook so it must be true.