Ffsa awards night

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

BigFan
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Ffsa awards night

Post by BigFan »

FFSA Women's and Girls' Awards Night - 2011

2011 Shirley Brown Premier League Referee’s Choice Award winner Ebony Weidenbach
MUWFC Magic star Ebony Weidenbach has claimed the 2011 Shirley Brown Premier League Referee’s Choice Award for the Adelaide Airport Premier League’s best player.

The defender polled 19 votes to finish two clear of runner up Sturt Marion’s Maddie Du Rieu while team-mate Jess Waterhouse and Adelaide Olympic’s Ruth Wallace collected 15 votes.

Adelaide City’s Sandra Scalzi and Olympic’s Rachel Quigley round out the top vote getters with 13 votes each.

Quigley completed a stunning season winning the 2011 Ann Sergeant State League Referees Choice Award with Adelaide University after her mid-season switch from Olympic in the Adelaide Airport Premier League.

Quigley finished her Adelaide Airport State League campaign on 18 votes while the gun striker also took home the Golden Boot Awards in both the Premier and State Leagues.

Quigley netted 23 times for Olympic in the Adelaide Airport Premier League before scoring 19 goals for Adelaide Uni in the State League.

Fulham United player Isabella Inglis took home the Referees Choice Award Reserve League, while MUWFC coach Enzo Salzano won the Bob Bush Premier League Coach of the Year Award after winning the Adelaide Airport Premier League.

2011 Honour Roll:

Referees Choice Award Division 5

Alexandra Wilson

Pulteney

Referees Choice Award Division 4

Monica Loureiro

Raiders

Referees Choice Award Division 3

Victoria Akkermans

Seymour

Referees Choice Award Division 2

Jessica Obushak

Salisbury Inter

Referees Choice Award Division 1

Mary Weaver

MUWFC Magic

Referees Choice Award Reserve League

Isabella Inglis

Fulham United

Ann Sergeant State League Referees Choice Award

Racheal Quigley

Adelaide University

Shirley Brown Premier League Referees Choice Award

Ebony Weidenbach

MUWFC Magic

Goalkeeper Rising Star Award

Georgia Williamson

Club Volunteer of the Year Award

Liz Bogue

Adelaide Airport State League Coach of the Year Award

Alasdair Rodgers

Bob Bush Premier League Coach of the Year Award

Enzo Salzano

All Star Team

Goalkeeper

Kristi Harvey

Defender

Ebony Weidenbach

Defender

Nicole Calder

Defender

Rochelle Kuhar

Defender

Emma Checker

Midfield

Ruth Wallace

Midfield

Jessica Waterhouse

Midfield

Christine Papageorgiou

Midfield

Katherine Ebbs

Forward

Katelyn Tucker

Forward

Marijana Rajcic

Division 5 Highest Goalscorer

Priscilla Nemeth

Para Hills United

Division 4 Highest Goalscorer

Monica Loureiro

Raiders

Division 3 Highest Goalscorer

Victoria Akkermans

Seymour

Division 2 Highest Goalscorer

Natasha Stewart

Munno Para

Division 1 Highest Goalscorer

Mary Weaver

MUWFC Magic

Adelaide Airport State League Highest Goalscorer

Racheal Quigley

Adelaide University

Adelaide Airport Reserve League Highest Goalscorer

Laura Millar

MUWFC Magic

Adelaide Airport Premier Division Highest Goalscorer

Racheal Quigley

Adelaide Olympic

League

Winner

Runner Up

Adelaide Airport Premier League

MUWFC Magic

Adelaide Olympic

Adelaide Airport Reserve League

MUWFC Magic

Cumberland United

Adelaide Airport State League

Adelaide University

Para Hills Knights

Division 1

Stirling

Seaford

Division 2

Munno Para

Salisbury Inter

Division 3

Adelaide University

NAB

Division 4

Para Hills United

Raiders

Division 5

Para Hills United

MOSA

Under 17

Adelaide Blue Eagles

Cumberland United

Under 15 Red

Campbelltown City

Adelaide City

Under 15 Blue

Adelaide Hills

Parafield Gardens

Under 15 Purple

Adelaide Cobras

Para Hills United

Under 13 Red

Cumberland United

Adelaide Cobras

Under 13 Blue

South Adelaide

Para Hills East Red

Adelaide Airport Premier/State League Cup

Adelaide Olympic

Adelaide City

Division 1/2 Cup

Stirling

Seaford

Division 3/4/5 Cup

Para Hills United

NAB

Under 17 Cup

Fulham United

Adelaide University

Under 15 Cup

Campbelltown City

Adelaide City

Under 13 Cup

Adelaide blue eagles. Fulham united

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Ffsa awards night

Post by scipio africanus »

Brilliant to see a defender take out Prem Player of the Year ... Congratulations to Ebony and other award winners.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

nothing against RQ, but as seeing most players from each team I am a little suprised.....to be honest I thought that a player from parafield or para hills wouldve won it. toros had a few good players as well.....thats just my opinion

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

what was the turn out like? would've thought there'd have been a few missing considering the AU v MV game was on at the same time.

Butterfingers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Butterfingers »

John Cena wrote:nothing against RQ, but as seeing most players from each team I am a little suprised.....to be honest I thought that a player from parafield or para hills wouldve won it. toros had a few good players as well.....thats just my opinion

So these players that are better than RQ are they in development squads or are they playing for united??

Just curious as if they are that good shouldnt they be up there and recognized if not then ffsa arent doing their job properly....

mccormickbl
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mccormickbl »

Butterfingers wrote:
John Cena wrote:nothing against RQ, but as seeing most players from each team I am a little suprised.....to be honest I thought that a player from parafield or para hills wouldve won it. toros had a few good players as well.....thats just my opinion

So these players that are better than RQ are they in development squads or are they playing for united??

Just curious as if they are that good shouldn't they be up there and recognized if not then ffsa arent doing their job properly....
RQ is real quality player! I'm a supportive Mum whose daughter luckily won the B&F for Toros this year from a quality group of girls - votes were very evenly spread..... She's a country kid who came up to Boarding school this year to access her state sports. She's been travelling 1000km a week or about 20,000km a year for 4 years to train and represent her state and both this year and last picked in Aust Shadow team for Schoolgirls.... she was training with the W-League squad before getting cut... she simply just loves playing and wants to improve....I say let's just all work together to give our women the best chances of improving and playing to the best of their ability. In the meantime.... let's enjoy the W-League season and give them plenty of support! (PS don't forget the country kids....) I know another boy (and his family) who is doing the trip of 1000km twice per week... now that's dedication!!! :!: