4 WNPL Teams Failed To Meet The Criteria

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

4 WNPL Teams Failed To Meet The Criteria

Post by sportsbird »

There are 4 teams that have failed to meet the criteria set by the FFSA.
The FFSA made it quite categorically clear that any club that does not meet the criteria will not be permitted to enter the WNPL.
1. Sturt Marion - no under 17's & u11's
2. Metro - No u9's
3. ParaHills Knights - No u9's
4. Adelaide Uni. - No Under 9's
Therefore, this now gives the opportunity for the State clubs such as South Adelaide and Comets etc. to be promoted to the WNPL.
The FFSA must now act under their Rules & Conditions made prior to the season commencing and demote the clubs named above. The FFSA made the rules and must now enforce it. It was a legal document and must stand.
The FFSA will say that all the current WNPL clubs advised them that they met the criteria prior to the season started.
So be it, however, at the end of the day, the rules stipulate that if the clubs do not meet the criteria they will not be allowed in the WNPL, regardless if the rules state that teams will be fined for not having a team prior or at the time of the schedules.
No If's or but. The above clubs do not meet the criteria.
Last edited by sportsbird on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

BLACK SWAN
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: 4 WNPL Teams Failed To Meet The Criteria

Post by BLACK SWAN »

WNPL clubs must field a team in each junior division U13, U15 & U17 and must field at least TWO MiniRoos teams.

Sturt - have two MiniRoos teams U9 & U6 (however unfortunately have withdrawn U17s, therefore do not meet the criteria)
Metro - have two MiniRoos teams an U11 & U6 (therefore meet the criteria)
ParaHills Knights - unsure of their MiniRoos situation
Adelaide Uni - have only one MiniRoos team, an U11 team (therefore do not meet the criteria)

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

I'll Give anyone 1000/1 odds if anything alters this season as a result of clubs not meeting standards of WNPL.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

So the farce has finally been well and truly confirmed.

This forum has known since October last year that Sturt did not at any point meet the criteria which they officially told the FFSA they did.

For 6 months the debate has raged, and when pressed to explain clubs meeting the criteria, the standard FFSA line was 'but we have been told by clubs that they have met the criteria', insulting everyone's intelligence along the way.

Sturt have played the game and will now cop a slap on the wrist but maintain their WNPL place. If we knew it was all built on a lie, why didn't FFSA know or more pertinetly, why did they choose to ignore what was clear to everyone??? Why did they never once ask Sturt to actually prove they met the criteria??? Simple check by FFSA on their very own on-line registration database at any point over the summer would have revealed the true situation.

South Adelaide and Comets, you have been played for mugs and disrespected. All your hard work undone by untruths.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

I suppose Wendy carter might have something to do with Sturt marion not being kicked out. I dont know if its because she recruits sturt players to work for the ffsa not sure.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

Seeing as Black Swan seems to have some knowledge of the clubs situations, I'd love to see sportsbird apologise to Metro as apparently she was completely wrong and has made unfounded accusations against that club. Not that it's the first time I've seen sportsbird make accusations that are completely wrong...

Not holding my breath though.

BLACK SWAN
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BLACK SWAN »

FFSA has given all clubs more time to field an U6 Miniroos team. The idea is to start the new U6 league in May in line with Term 2 of school. The likes of ParaHills Knights and Adelaide Uni I'm sure will try their best to get an extra Miniroos side together to meet the criteria.

Danny Way
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Danny Way »

So why should Sturt Marion only "cop a slap on the wrist and maintain their Npl spot" ? The season is only one round old. Remove their Prems and reserves from the competition immediately, make them start from the state league in 2017, declare their first round result null and void and whoever is drawn to play them in the future has a bye. Let them keep their junior teams in the relevant comps. Not too hard to do and I don't see how it is disruptive to the league. It will certainly discourage the situation from occurring again or is it one set of criteria for Sturt Marion and one set of criteria for everyone else.
Also begs the question , if Sturt Marion, despite failing to meet the criteria required are allowed to remain in the Npl, will other clubs also be allowed to withdraw their u17 sides without punishment ( at least two clubs struggling to field teams in this age group without asking u15 and in some cases u13 girls to play twice in the same day just to meet the Npl criteria)?
My sympathies to Comets and South Adelaide.

Journeyman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Journeyman »

Not that i'm advocating this, but as there appears to be such resentment to the apparent favoritism given towards Sturt Marion ( and maybe one or two other clubs ) perhaps the Club Presidents ( WNPL Clubs and any other aggrieved parties ) should get together and approach the FFSA for clarification. I'm sure Carter and Co. would prefer not to have all of this dirty laundry given any more public airing than it already has.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

united92 wrote:Seeing as Black Swan seems to have some knowledge of the clubs situations, I'd love to see sportsbird apologise to Metro as apparently she was completely wrong and has made unfounded accusations against that club. Not that it's the first time I've seen sportsbird make accusations that are completely wrong...

Hi United 92,
The teams I have stated above do not have an under 9's team and that has been confirmed.
So an apology is not warranted.
It is also confirmed that only three clubs including Metro, Sturt Marion & Salisbury Inter have an under 6 team.
However, the under 6 season competition schedule has not been released. Only that the u6 season is scheduled for 1st of May 2016.
The question is, will the under 6 league competition go ahead with only three teams?
Therefore, if the under 6 league competition does not go ahead, does that mean those clubs do not meet the criteria?

In response your last comment, "made accusations that are completely wrong" I would like you to provide any accusations that I have previously made that were completely wrong....

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Journeyman wrote:Not that i'm advocating this, but as there appears to be such resentment to the apparent favoritism given towards Sturt Marion ( and maybe one or two other clubs ) perhaps the Club Presidents ( WNPL Clubs and any other aggrieved parties ) should get together and approach the FFSA for clarification. I'm sure Carter and Co. would prefer not to have all of this dirty laundry given any more public airing than it already has.
The clubs did ask for clarification about clubs meeting the WNPL critieria and we told at a specially convenened meeting before Xmas that as all selected WNPL clubs had stated they met the critieria, that was sufficient.

FFSA have known for months this day was coming. If I was from Comets or South, I would be seething.

This whole saga has been nothing but a circus. Having another meeting for 'clarification' would achieve nothing.

Sturt need to be brought to account. They formally stated they met the criteria. I would be asking for proof as to what exact point did they know they did not meet the criteria and when they formally told FFSA.

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

So where in the operating regulations does it state that WNPL clubs MUST field an U9 team?
From the extract below as Black Swan said clubs can field at least two teams from either the U6,U7,U8,U9,U10 or U11.
Not one from each age.

Each club is required to field the following junior girls teams;
a. At least one team in each age group of Under 13, 15 and 17
b. At least two girls or mixed MiniRoos teams in the following
age groups – Under 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or Under 11

So Sportsbird how about having a proper read of the rules, http://www.foxsportspulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=35746949 before accusing clubs of things they are not doing.
Better yet instead of bitching and moaning on this forum get involved to help and make changes.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

sportsbird wrote:
united92 wrote:Seeing as Black Swan seems to have some knowledge of the clubs situations, I'd love to see sportsbird apologise to Metro as apparently she was completely wrong and has made unfounded accusations against that club. Not that it's the first time I've seen sportsbird make accusations that are completely wrong...

Hi United 92,
The teams I have stated above do not have an under 9's team and that has been confirmed.
So an apology is not warranted.
It is also confirmed that only three clubs including Metro, Sturt Marion & Salisbury Inter have an under 6 team.
However, the under 6 season competition schedule has not been released. Only that the u6 season is scheduled for 1st of May 2016.
The question is, will the under 6 league competition go ahead with only three teams?
Therefore, if the under 6 league competition does not go ahead, does that mean those clubs do not meet the criteria?

In response your last comment, "made accusations that are completely wrong" I would like you to provide any accusations that I have previously made that were completely wrong....
Its ok Sporstbird, MU will probably "acquire" a whole team rather than build one.

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

Are you all seriously still bitching about this.. :roll: yawn

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

Sorry sportsbird , comets, no U15 so do not meet requirements for wnpl,
other recent wrong statements made.
(It appears Sturt Marion hierarchy have conceded they are unable to meet the criteria and have indicated they will withdraw from WNPL and re-nominate for the State League in 2016. The FFSA will be notified as early as next week of their decision. Credit must be given to the Sturt Marion Board for mak..., Posted ages ago obviously Wrong and this did not happen?)

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Comets and South Adel both dont have U9s/U6s either

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Sturt have always flouted the rules (sanctioned by FFSA). Catch up games are commonplace and the rule to play them within the prescribed time rarely (if ever) applies to them. At the season's end we've seen many times where catch up games still need to be played and where ladder placing's have been affected.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Some clubs have a mixed U9 rather than a dedicated gender side.

Sometimes FSP shouldn't be relied on to be the source to start wagging a finger.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

SAD GAL wrote:Sturt have always flouted the rules (sanctioned by FFSA). Catch up games are commonplace and the rule to play them within the prescribed time rarely (if ever) applies to them. At the season's end we've seen many times where catch up games still need to be played and where ladder placing's have been affected.
How does Sturt get away with it?

Danny Way
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Danny Way »

Comets and South Adelaide do not have to be compliant with the criteria for the WNPL because they are not in the WNPL. (thought that might be fairly obvious). If the FFSA allow Sturt Marion take the field tonight, fully knowing that they are not compliant with the criteria required by the FFSA to play in the WNPL, it sets a very interesting precedent for the FFSA and any other team wishing to or actually wanting to play in the WNPL in the future. Good luck dealing with that going forward !

BigFan
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BigFan »

Can anyone from sturt confirm or deny that their u13 game kickoff was delayed because sturt only had 6 starters and they had to wait for players from other youth teams to make up the numbers?

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Wouldn't be surprised BigFan that some WNPL clubs are seriously short in junior numbers and will now juggle players between youth teams to just scrape a team over the line every Sunday.

Having to delay kick offs though for players to arrive from other games is not acceptable.

Sturt are already in breach of not reaching the criteria and no doubt we will see some forfeits from the u13's and u/15's during the year, when its just not possible to get players to two games in the one day. But hey, they have already breached without consequence, so whats a few more breaches????

Ashame Sturt were not honest upfront in their submission. Just brings the whole game into disrepute.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

BigFan wrote:Can anyone from sturt confirm or deny that their u13 game kickoff was delayed because sturt only had 6 starters and they had to wait for players from other youth teams to make up the numbers?
Hope not as they don't have 11s....don't know how they would go convincing U9 parents to let their kid play U13s!

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

the barbarian wrote:Sorry sportsbird , comets, no U15 so do not meet requirements for wnpl,
other recent wrong statements made.
(It appears Sturt Marion hierarchy have conceded they are unable to meet the criteria and have indicated they will withdraw from WNPL and re-nominate for the State League in 2016. The FFSA will be notified as early as next week of their decision. Credit must be given to the Sturt Marion Board for mak..., Posted ages ago obviously Wrong and this did not happen?)
Hi Barbarian, Adelaide Comets do have an under 15's so they do meet the criteria.
In regards to Sturt Marion, they did notify the FFSA and were politely asked!!!!!!! to play in the WNPL.

Danny Way
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Danny Way »

So why were Sturt Marion "politely asked!!!!!" to play in the WNPL and not South Adelaide or Comets ? About time FFSA started providing some transparency into these baffling decisions and stopped hiding behind closed doors. All they are doing at the moment is turning people against Sturt Marion , who no doubt did their best to fulfill the required criteria, but ultimately did not and as a result should not be taking the place in the WNPL of any other club that does meet these criteria. What is the point of a governing body demanding clubs meet an (unrealistic, numbers wise, in regards to junior girls football) set of criteria if they haven't the backbone to follow through on their own demands.
On the positive side though, precedent has now been set by the governing body. No club can be fined for withdrawing a junior team from the competition because they don't have sufficient numbers and in the upcoming years, you really do not, have to fulfill all of the required criteria to play in the WNPL. That would be good news for a few aspiring clubs out there.
Maybe something good did come out of all this.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Danny Way wrote:So why were Sturt Marion "politely asked!!!!!" to play in the WNPL and not South Adelaide or Comets ? About time FFSA started providing some transparency into these baffling decisions and stopped hiding behind closed doors. All they are doing at the moment is turning people against Sturt Marion , who no doubt did their best to fulfill the required criteria, but ultimately did not and as a result should not be taking the place in the WNPL of any other club that does meet these criteria. What is the point of a governing body demanding clubs meet an (unrealistic, numbers wise, in regards to junior girls football) set of criteria if they haven't the backbone to follow through on their own demands.
On the positive side though, precedent has now been set by the governing body. No club can be fined for withdrawing a junior team from the competition because they don't have sufficient numbers and in the upcoming years, you really do not, have to fulfill all of the required criteria to play in the WNPL. That would be good news for a few aspiring clubs out there.
Maybe something good did come out of all this.
Does the WNPL rules factor in a points deduction for participating teams who breach the criteria?

'Baffling decisions' is being kind.

FFSA told the clubs that all WNPL clubs met the criteria on the basis of those successful clubs stating they did.

If it turns out that Sturt actually told the FFSA they didn't meet the criteria, and FFSA choose not to act on it, then that spells out some very serious implications at headquarters.

Someone isn't telling the truth.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

yes sportsbird, thank you for pointing it out , seems made a 'rare' mistake haha. :) :) Probably re comets situation probably best they did not play in NWPL in 2016 and if they are good enough and can manage to win the wsl they will be promoted in 2017, as I would think and expect the quality of the teams in NWPL would result in blow out score line for them and then the way human nature is their girls would lose interest, and probably stop playing as they would hate getting smashed every week. If i can remember correctly Happened to another promoted team a few years ago which then folded or went down to a much lower grade, but just cannot remember who it was. Any one remember who it was?

west adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by west adelaide »

Seems like Comets believe it was their right to be included in WNPL just because they
meet the criteria.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

west adelaide wrote:Seems like Comets believe it was their right to be included in WNPL just because they
meet the criteria.
Given sturt clearly don't meet the criteria and in reality never did, I think comets grievances are valid.

Now whether it was comets, south or another state league club who was promoted instead, that's another discussion.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

west adelaide wrote:Seems like Comets believe it was their right to be included in WNPL just because they
meet the criteria.
South Adelaide also have the right to be included in the WNPL as they meet the criteria.