Womens NPL round 14

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

MuddySocks
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Womens NPL round 14

Post by MuddySocks »

Some interesting results all round lately, what are the predictions for this week? (01/07)

Cumberland United vs Sturt Marion

Metro United WFC vs Adelaide City

West Adelaide vs Fulham United

Adelaide University vs Para Hills Knights

RAP300
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Womens NPL round 14

Post by RAP300 »

Sturt Marion 2 - Cumberland 1

Metro United WFC 3 vs Adelaide City 1

West Adelaide 1 vs Fulham United 2

Adelaide University 5 vs Para Hills Knights 1

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Cumberland United 3 vs Sturt Marion 2

Metro United WFC 1 vs Adelaide City 0

West Adelaide 0 vs Fulham United 3

Adelaide University 3 vs Para Hills Knights 0

Good luck to all the players. Play hard. Play fair and remember enjoy the game and NO INJURIES.
Last edited by SAD GAL on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Big game for Sturt and Cumberland both sitting on 10 points

Metro United WFC - 35
Adelaide City - 28
Fulham United - 27
Adelaide Uni - 19
West Adelaide - 14
Sturt Marion - 10
Cumberland - 10
Para Hills Knights - 0

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

I couldn't attend on Friday, but it was interesting to see that Adelaide City have inflicted Metro's first loss of the season. Can anyone give us a report? City has been decimated by injuries to key players so it came as a surprise to me.

RoundTheGarden
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by RoundTheGarden »

City scored in the first half (I think the shot came off a defender), then were down to 10 players early in the second half. No one around me understood where the two yellow cards came from, someone said she must have said something. After that AC were very organised and kept their shape well, and Metro didn't find a way to create anything. I think AC were missing 4 or 5 players but Metro looked pretty average overall with their main strength being very physical/intimidating. The only player that looked dangerous was subbed at half time and they didn't play as a team.

Save Ferris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Save Ferris »

RoundTheGarden wrote:No one around me understood where the two yellow cards came from
My guess would be the referee's pocket.

RoundTheGarden
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by RoundTheGarden »

Save Ferris wrote:
RoundTheGarden wrote:No one around me understood where the two yellow cards came from
My guess would be the referee's pocket.

:P

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

RoundTheGarden wrote:City scored in the first half (I think the shot came off a defender), then were down to 10 players early in the second half. No one around me understood where the two yellow cards came from, someone said she must have said something. After that AC were very organised and kept their shape well, and Metro didn't find a way to create anything. I think AC were missing 4 or 5 players but Metro looked pretty average overall with their main strength being very physical/intimidating. The only player that looked dangerous was subbed at half time and they didn't play as a team.

Thanks RoundTheGarden. I have since heard that the refereeing performance was pretty poor in that game and that the player sent off DID NOT say anything to the ref. Apparently he sent her off for not instantly retreating from a free kick. This is after booking her for a questionable "offence" earlier in the game.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

When you get an ex referee in the stand commenting on the poor state of refereeing then you know its BAD.

United We Stand wrote:
RoundTheGarden wrote:City scored in the first half (I think the shot came off a defender), then were down to 10 players early in the second half. No one around me understood where the two yellow cards came from, someone said she must have said something. After that AC were very organised and kept their shape well, and Metro didn't find a way to create anything. I think AC were missing 4 or 5 players but Metro looked pretty average overall with their main strength being very physical/intimidating. The only player that looked dangerous was subbed at half time and they didn't play as a team.

Thanks RoundTheGarden. I have since heard that the refereeing performance was pretty poor in that game and that the player sent off DID NOT say anything to the ref. Apparently he sent her off for not instantly retreating from a free kick. This is after booking her for a questionable "offence" earlier in the game.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

United We Stand wrote:

The first yellow was questionable. You're right with the second. It was for not retreating from the ball quickly enough after a free kick was given. But she actually moved herself in front of the ball as a quick free was trying to be taken. Pretty silly to do when already on a yellow. Even if that yellow was questionable.

But for a 1st vs 2nd game, it certainly didn't live up to the expectations for a game of that magnitude in my opinion. Neither team was overly good on the night. And the 1 goal came from a massive deflection that no GK could have saved. A draw would have been a fair result but City took all 3 points on the night.