Last nights results

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Dandylion
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Last nights results

Post by Dandylion »

Any reports from last nights matches? I managed to get down to the parks for Uni v City. City was very convincing over a noticeably unfit, inconsistent Uni side. At this stage of be putting money on them for the Trio. Any reports from West Beach?

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Last nights results

Post by magicfootball1 »

Metro were terrible, look like they are struggling (worn out) , another side which look unfit and unproductive in their midfield.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

Dandylion wrote:Any reports from last nights matches? I managed to get down to the parks for Uni v City. City was very convincing over a noticeably unfit, inconsistent Uni side. At this stage of be putting money on them for the Trio. Any reports from West Beach?

I, too, took in the Uni vs City game and I disagree with your assessment of Uni being unfit. That game was played at a high tempo and Uni were also dangerous with their attacking moves. Uni were definitely competitive and contributed to the entertaining spectacle.However, they came up against what was probably City's strongest side and arguably their best performance of the season. City have regained all their injured players and look ominously dangerous. City were very convincing as you say and they nullified the NPL's top scoring team in a defensive sense, while looking very dangerous with that collection of impressive attacking midfielders and strikers.

Dandylion
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dandylion »

United We Stand wrote:
Dandylion wrote:Any reports from last nights matches? I managed to get down to the parks for Uni v City. City was very convincing over a noticeably unfit, inconsistent Uni side. At this stage of be putting money on them for the Trio. Any reports from West Beach?

I, too, took in the Uni vs City game and I disagree with your assessment of Uni being unfit. That game was played at a high tempo and Uni were also dangerous with their attacking moves. Uni were definitely competitive and contributed to the entertaining spectacle.However, they came up against what was probably City's strongest side and arguably their best performance of the season. City have regained all their injured players and look ominously dangerous. City were very convincing as you say and they nullified the NPL's top scoring team in a defensive sense, while looking very dangerous with that collection of impressive attacking midfielders and strikers.
Uni girls had hands on hips and were panting quite short of half time. Clear sign of a teams fatigue. One girl from the bench lasted 10 minutes before she had to come off again?? I would like to see the shots at goal tally as I didn't see the ball played in city's defence very much

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

Uni girls had hands on hips and were panting quite short of half time. Clear sign of a teams fatigue. One girl from the bench lasted 10 minutes before she had to come off again?? I would like to see the shots at goal tally as I didn't see the ball played in city's defence very much[/quote]

Collectively, Uni kept trying to build attacks and trying to take the game to City. You are right when you say that Uni didn't have many shots on goal, but that was due to the outstanding City defence. Uni still managed to build some dangerous looking attacks, but they were closed down very well. Keeping Rojas and company scoreless is no mean feat. As I have mentioned, the game was played at a very quick pace so it is no surprise that a couple of Uni girls had hands on hips. City are very fit and have a lot of pace all over the field ,so Uni had to work hard to quell the threat that City posed. The Uni girl from the bench came off again because she suffered an injury I believe. Anyway, credit must be given to both teams for putting on such an entertaining display.
Last edited by United We Stand on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

magicfootball1 wrote:Metro were terrible, look like they are struggling (worn out) , another side which look unfit and unproductive in their midfield.
Terrible but took the 3 points... Some would say that good teams can win even when not playing the best. Others disagree.