Salisbury Inter WNPL 2017

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SISC
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Salisbury Inter WNPL 2017

Post by SISC »

On the back of a successful year, Salisbury Inter Soccer Club have been promoted to the top echelon of women’s soccer in South Australia for the upcoming 2017 FFSA women’s national premier league season. Accordingly, we are seeking qualified and accredited coaches to join the club during this exciting development stage, for 2017 and beyond.

As a club we have 10 female teams currently competing in various FFSA competitions and as we continue to evolve and grow, opportunities are becoming available for accredited coaches to progress their coaching skills, contribute to a sustainable strategy and be a part of moving Salisbury Inter Soccer Club forward.

We are seeking expressions of interest for the Senior Women’s Coach role, together with the Reserve Grade Senior Coach position.

The successful applicants will work together to build two solid playing squads and identify similarities in playing styles to build a structure that the entire club can embrace. This will ensure development of our own talent from within, providing a sustainable pathway where junior ranks progress right through to senior football all within Salisbury Inter Soccer Club.

A minimum AFC C coaching license is required for the senior role and a minimum FFA accredited senior coaching certificate required for the reserve grade role.

Remuneration for both roles will be negotiated upon appointment

Please send your applications to Salisbury Inter Soccer Club Vice President Bianca Simeoni at intervicepresident@gmail.com 0421089661

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Salisbury Inter WNPL 2017

Post by billy the kid »

A tentative congratulations on the promotion.

Hope Salisbury improves its on field behaviour befitting a prems league team! From what I have experienced the on and off field group may not meet the standards of the top echelon.

If this is addressed as a matter of priority by SI then I look forward to their ascension. If not, ...................

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

billy the kid wrote:A tentative congratulations on the promotion.

Hope Salisbury improves its on field behaviour befitting a prems league team! From what I have experienced the on and off field group may not meet the standards of the top echelon.

If this is addressed as a matter of priority by SI then I look forward to their ascension. If not, ...................
Leave it out mate, what are you talking about. SISC Womens teams set a very high standard and Im sure will continue to do so.

BlueForever
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BlueForever »

I must say I too have played against Salisbury Inter all be it the first team. I must say the coach and his players have been a class act, no problems all year well done guys been a step ahead of the rest this season.

philweb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by philweb »

I concur with Blue Forever.

SI play hard on the field and with great determination, something you would expect from League Champions.

On behalf of South Adelaide Panthers FC we congratulate Paul and his players on achieving promotion to the WNPL in 2017.

We look forward to another tough match against a strong opposition tomorrow at Panther Park.

Good luck to Bianca, Paul and all the players and volunteers at SI next season.

Phil Webster
Womens Football Manager
South Adelaide Panthers FC

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

Has this been confirmed by FFSA? Haven't seen anything official, and going by rumours, no club is certain to be promoted or relegated as yet.
As the rules state, it's entirely up to the Federation as to whether they actually do promote anyone or not.

SISC
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by SISC »

We have received confirmation from FFSA that Salisbury Inter will be entering the Women’s National Premier League for the 2017 season.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

In place of which team?

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

SAD GAL wrote:In place of which team?

looking at the league ladder not too hard to work out, it would be Para Hills Knights.

I believe there is a two leg playoff for the other spot.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

SISC wrote:We have received confirmation from FFSA that Salisbury Inter will be entering the Women’s National Premier League for the 2017 season.
In that case, congratulations.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

united92 wrote:
SISC wrote:We have received confirmation from FFSA that Salisbury Inter will be entering the Women’s National Premier League for the 2017 season.
It may be possible that no teams are relegated and 2 teams to come up to make a 10 team league.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

terryball wrote:
united92 wrote:
It may be possible that no teams are relegated and 2 teams to come up to make a 10 team league.
Would make the State League pointless.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

MEMO to FFSA.....Leave the prems as it is. Great inroads have been made with teams like Para Hills, Cumby and Sturt playing some excellent football. I've enjoyed watching their skills develop to a point where they have matched the top four teams. Relegating one or tow teams to SL would be detrimental. THEN we have to endure SI for 2017 and maybe another team. I don't think the prems can or would benefit from relegation or demotion.

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SwandelPark »

I think Salisbury would do alright if they pick up a couple key players. Tough luck to PHK/Cumberland if they get relegated. If you can't get the results you don't deserve to stay up.

BlueForever
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BlueForever »

SadGal being in the Prems has always been a given but with some of the teams in State League playing quality football it shouldnt be a given anymore. I find your comment sad to say the least ( endure SL ) what is to say that Para Hills or Cumby would get out and promoted in the first year. There is quality in the top SL teams and sorry to say but how can you say that Para Hills were not far away from the top they didnt win games and didnt play quality football. People seem to want to put the league down, embrace change and watch the talent flow. It can only be good for the sport make teams and players play harder to keep spots in both leagues.

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

Absolutely agree! No point attempting to play ticka tacka inconsistent football and not score a goal. Relegation keeps coaching quality at a higher standard. Players will always move around to try freshly promoted clubs. The changes to the league have been great!