Finals this Sunday

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Finals this Sunday

Post by terryball »

Big day of football this Sunday Sept 3 Elite Stadium.
U/13's up to senior prem womens, good luck to all teams.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Finals this Sunday

Post by united92 »

terryball wrote:Big day of football this Sunday Sept 3 Elite Stadium.
U/13's up to senior prem womens, good luck to all teams.
Sunday Sept 4*
And Sunday is U13s up to Div 1/2/3.

Senior Prems and Reserves Cup Final is tonight.

Urusei Yatsura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urusei Yatsura »

Where and when?

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Well done to Fulham prems on what I hear was a victory full of merit against a more fancied opponent.

pvfc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pvfc »

Congrats to Fulham :D 8)

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Well done to Fulham on a deserved victory.

Commiserations to Adelaide City. The girls will be gutted after five grand final defeats on the trot.

wilyaroo
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by wilyaroo »

Fabulous game last night. Both teams were at their best. Very well attended and a great atmosphere. Congratulations Fulham. Commiserations to AdelaideCity.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

wilyaroo wrote:Fabulous game last night. Both teams were at their best. Very well attended and a great atmosphere. Congratulations Fulham. Commiserations to AdelaideCity.

No, Adelaide City were NOT at their best by their high standards. However, congratulations to Fulham whose counter attacking tactics worked very well. They deserved their victory, even though City came tantasingly close at the end to sending the game into extra time.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

snow white wrote:Well done to Fulham on a deserved victory.

Commiserations to Adelaide City. The girls will be gutted after five grand final defeats on the trot.

Snow White, I need to correct you. City have lost "Cup Finals" NOT "Grand Finals." With the introduction of Finals this year for the Women's NPL, it is important to differentiate the two competitions.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

United We Stand wrote:

Snow White, I need to correct you. City have lost "Cup Finals" NOT "Grand Finals." With the introduction of Finals this year for the Women's NPL, it is important to differentiate the two competitions.
I apologize to the forum for misleading everyone on cup final vs grand final, even though everyone who follows the women's game even with somewhat interest knew exactly what I meant.

For the record, City have lost the last 5 cup finals they have contested, not grand finals.

Luckily we have such unbiased and neutral fans like United We Stand to correct is on all things Adelaide City.

At any rate, congratulations to Max and the team again on an outstanding cup campaign and final result. The game was a very good advertisement for women's football.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

snow white wrote:
United We Stand wrote:

I apologize to the forum for misleading everyone on cup final vs grand final, even though everyone who follows the women's game even with somewhat interest knew exactly what I meant.

For the record, City have lost the last 5 cup finals they have contested, not grand finals.

Luckily we have such unbiased and neutral fans like United We Stand to correct is on all things Adelaide City.

At any rate, congratulations to Max and the team again on an outstanding cup campaign and final result. The game was a very good advertisement for women's football.

Why the sarcasm Snow White? My post wasn't a personal attack on you.It was just a correction as the Women's NPL now has finals to determine the Champion. I wasn't correcting "on all things Adelaide City" as you sarcastically put it. That was a FFSA initiative. The fact is that it was a Cup Final last night. I also,in an unbiased way, expressed the fact that Fulham deserved their win and congratulated them.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Brilliant weekend of women's football. Hats off to the FFSA. The weekend of finals is the BEST I've seen. Maybe it's the venue but over the weekend we experienced some really good displays of football from ALL the teams and players.

Metro's loss yesterday after leading the game then with extra time and penalties would have been gut wrenching. Thanks to both teams for a hard fought display.

Friday night was brilliant. A tiring Fulham could not keep up with Metro in the early SL final. Metro led the league in that division and are worthy winners. Congrats to the MUWFC team and coaching ad support staff.

The main game City v Fulham was ENTHRALLING. Fulham came out and hit the ground running with total football. City quelled the Fulham attacks and scrambled a goal but 3 2nd half goals showed the class and skill of Fulham. A total team effort. City managed a penalty late in the game and converted and then a flurry of attacks in extra time almost took the game into extra time.

Over 900 people at the game where I overheard a few people comment on the standard of the game and the skills and speed at which it was played.

bring on the final 4 play offs.

Well done to ALL the teams.

bystander
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by bystander »

SAD GAL wrote:Brilliant weekend of women's football. Hats off to the FFSA. The weekend of finals is the BEST I've seen. Maybe it's the venue but over the weekend we experienced some really good displays of football from ALL the teams and players.

Metro's loss yesterday after leading the game then with extra time and penalties would have been gut wrenching. Thanks to both teams for a hard fought display.

Friday night was brilliant. A tiring Fulham could not keep up with Metro in the early SL final. Metro led the league in that division and are worthy winners. Congrats to the MUWFC team and coaching ad support staff.

The main game City v Fulham was ENTHRALLING. Fulham came out and hit the ground running with total football. City quelled the Fulham attacks and scrambled a goal but 3 2nd half goals showed the class and skill of Fulham. A total team effort. City managed a penalty late in the game and converted and then a flurry of attacks in extra time almost took the game into extra time.

Over 900 people at the game where I overheard a few people comment on the standard of the game and the skills and speed at which it was played.

Any results for Para Hills Red v Blue? :?:

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

bystander wrote:
SAD GAL wrote:Brilliant weekend of women's football. Hats off to the FFSA. The weekend of finals is the BEST I've seen. Maybe it's the venue but over the weekend we experienced some really good displays of football from ALL the teams and players.

Red 7 or 8-0 Blue

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

united92 wrote:
bystander wrote:

Red 7 or 8-0 Blue
Para Hills knights Red 8 v Para Hills Knights Blue 0. young blue team only down 2-0 at half time but lost there way a little in the second half but a great effort by them to get there, all kudos to the unbeaten red team who played well ,and included their fellow club mates in singing the club song on the pitch after the game.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Must say the AU v Metro final was outstanding.

0-2, at HT for AU, constant attacking then a 94th min equaliser, then two penalty saves, was dramatic stuff.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

Interestingly, the Community Divisions don't play stoppage time during the regular season. But there was 4 or 5 minutes of stoppage time in the 2nd half.

nanstar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by nanstar »

united92 wrote:Interestingly, the Community Divisions don't play stoppage time during the regular season. But there was 4 or 5 minutes of stoppage time in the 2nd half.
More like 6 minutes :( :(

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

snow white wrote:
United We Stand wrote:

I think you are right Snowy. Losing 5 finals plus another one now and again to metro whether they are grand finals or finals that has got to hurt!
Must have scarred the players to lose another one.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Mate...one game (Cup Final) not at their best by their high standards. Their lofty standards were also MIA for the Grand Final last Friday. There's a theme that's been around for a few years.....Time to move on to another coach OR acknowledge that they do not have the tenacity to win big games. One thing to make the top 4 but another to win them.

Take away the final 4 play offs: if it were like in past years Metro would have won the league title and Fulham the Cup. This way city may have been able to get a crack at the title however, in my opinion the righty team deserved the mantle of the best team in the WNPL for 2016.

United We Stand wrote:
wilyaroo wrote:Fabulous game last night. Both teams were at their best. Very well attended and a great atmosphere. Congratulations Fulham. Commiserations to AdelaideCity.

No, Adelaide City were NOT at their best by their high standards. However, congratulations to Fulham whose counter attacking tactics worked very well. They deserved their victory, even though City came tantasingly close at the end to sending the game into extra time.