Week 2 Finals

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Week 2 Finals

Post by SAD GAL »

City v Fulham

My prediction is?????

And Metro to lap up the rest and await City or Fulham into the lair of DESPAIR
Last edited by SAD GAL on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Week 2 Finals

Post by adam »

game change for the playoff 2nd leg

Campbelltown vs Cumberland

Sunday 2:30pm
Steve Woodcock Sports Centre
Corner of Stradbroke Road and Whites Lane, Newton

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

Congratulations to both Adelaide City and Fulham United on a cracking game last night. I really enjoyed the contest. Really good football was played by both sides. I do feel that City dominated the game for long spells and that they deserved their victory despite it going to penalties in the end.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

United We Stand wrote:Congratulations to both Adelaide City and Fulham United on a cracking game last night. I really enjoyed the contest. Really good football was played by both sides. I do feel that City dominated the game for long spells and that they deserved their victory despite it going to penalties in the end.
I wouldnt go that far. I'd say that Fulham absolutely dominated City in the first half.
City came out harder in the 2nd half but didn't really start dominating until after the hour mark, then into Extra Time.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

united92 wrote:
United We Stand wrote:Congratulations to both Adelaide City and Fulham United on a cracking game last night. I really enjoyed the contest. Really good football was played by both sides. I do feel that City dominated the game for long spells and that they deserved their victory despite it going to penalties in the end.
I wouldnt go that far. I'd say that Fulham absolutely dominated City in the first half.
City came out harder in the 2nd half but didn't really start dominating until after the hour mark, then into Extra Time.

I would say dominating the second half and the extra time constitutes "dominating the game for long spells." I think you are talking about the Cup Final. That is when Fulham absolutely dominated City. Many supporters around me made the comment about how different that game was from the Cup Final. That includes a number of neutrals . Fulham were nowhere near as threatening as they were in the Cup Final, where they were brilliant. It was pretty even in the first half and City were starting to lift and have the better of the play towards the end of the first half. Yes, Fulham punished some appalling defending and scored in that first half. However, that actually came against the run of the play. City had started to create some good attacks and then made that terrible blunder to allow Fulham in to score the opening goal. Great game by two good footballing sides.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Fair call UWS. Viewpoint on last Friday's game is spot on.

To be fair, City's first goal in the cup final and last Friday's game were unconvincing goals. Both were similar in nature and were achieved by "activity" at the goal face.

Metro is in the box seat and I did see a wry smile on the coaches face at the end of extra time......I think she knows that the City Fulham game would have taken a lot out of the players. 120 minutes plus penalties...WOW. What a night. Each team had opportunities to win in extra time but they fought it out til the end.

In summary: The final 4 forma tis a clear winner and each and every game was a brilliant spectacle and a great advertisement for the women's game. The best 4 teams were in the 4 and the games have proved that to be the case.

Good luck to both Metro and City this Friday. Let's see if we can crack 1000 at the game.