WNPL Rd 3

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

WNPL Rd 3

Post by Rightside »

Westies 8-0 Campbelltown
Its going to get ugly. especially with no MJ.

Inter 1-3 City
City to look comfortable most of the game

Cumby 0-3 Fulham
Fulham create plenty of chances

Metro 2-2 Uni
Game of the round, can see this being an even contest

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: WNPL Rd 3

Post by billy the kid »

Good summary and tips Rightside

For mine I see it as follows (based on my previous attempts I might get it horribly wrong...again)

Westies 5 Campbelltown 2 (May need to accept the fact that the great team player MJ has done a runner and won't be back. AFL beckons).
Stick with it Campbelltown. You'll get there and post a win or three. !!
!
Salisbury Inter 1 – City 0. Don’t underestimate the ability of Inter. I think they’re ready to take an established prems team scalp. This is the round.

Cumby 1 – Fulham 5. I agree. Many options to goal. Defence holding up but Cumby could get at least one.

Metro 1 – Uni 0. Metro are working damn hard and results are a concern. Returning players will see a more resolute team and results to follow. Uni always struggle with Metro and Rojas is the ONLY (and a mighty fine one I may add) avenue to goal.

RAP300
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by RAP300 »

No Cote for a few weeks - she is on her way to Chile for National Team Camp

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

That sure will make things more interesting.... 8)

My picks are West Adelaide, Fulham, City, Metro.

I do think when discussing Uni's scoring ability that you can't go past Emily Condon- now that Cote is away she may get more of a look in at the goal mouth-Whilst she is still recovering from illness and far from 100%, she is still so very talented and I think will be more of a factor on Friday.

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

Rightside wrote:Westies 8-0 Campbelltown
Its going to get ugly. especially with no MJ.

Inter 1-3 City
City to look comfortable most of the game

Cumby 0-3 Fulham
Fulham create plenty of chances

Metro 2-2 Uni
Game of the round, can see this being an even contest
WA 5 Campbelltown 0
I think or hoping big Kev won't let it get too ugly for Campbelltown girls.

Inter 0 City 3
Reality check for Inter, City have something to prove after loss last week

Metro 2 Uni 1
Keep tipping them but keep letting me down

Cumby 0 Fulham 4
Couldn't see Cumby team on NPL site, heard they have injuries

Socceraust
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Socceraust »

South Australia Womens PL results
Cumberland United v Fulham United 2:3
Metro United v Adelaide University 1:2
Salisbury Inter v Adelaide City 0:7
West Adelaide v Campbelltown City 10(ten):0

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Ouch! 10:0 for westies....definitely a big goal difference for them now

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

What a joke for an NPL competition.

Have less teams to make the quality better.

Who cares if it's only 6 teams playing each other 4 times a season as long as the matches are competitive and this will result in a better Adelaide United w league team.

This will force the state league to be competitive too and allow time for clubs to build over a number of years to then be promoted to the NPL.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

Good to see City bounce back. The new girls seem to have settled in very well. Very impressed with West Adelaide. They have recruited well. I am surprised at Metro's poor start to the season. They will need Isabella Scalzi back as soon as possible, but I expect them to be challenging at the top with the squad that they have. Adelaide Uni could be the quiet achievers after seeing them down Metro. Fulham will be up there under the leadership of Max P and Stella Rigon. Disappointed for the WNPL to see scores like 10-0 and 7-0. This league needs to be strong and competitive to produce our future "local" W-League stars.

gunners14
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners14 »

I'm quite surprised by Metro's start to the year. I think the absence of KB on game day's are playing a crucial part of that. Same with Adelaide Uni missing KH and having to play other players in keeper who are quite effective on the pitch. Feel for Inter, couldn't see that big of a score line heading their way after the pre season results against metro and Uni. Well done to City on bouncing back so positively after last week! A big win for West Adelaide, there GD is already giving them a huge jump as leaders in the early stages of the season. I'm not sure if Campbelltown can turn it around, but I hope this season doesn't affect their passion for the game, heads up girls, keep working hard.

What was the result for Fulham and Cumby?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

3-2 to Fulham.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Blow out games aside, the other results the Metro v Uni and Cumby v Fulham game results looked like they were tight tussles and could have gone either way. Metro is a corner however, they are too good a unit to allow this to continue and with the return of ley players watch out. Uni got the points without Rojas scoring!!!! Fulham got out of jail with a Cumby side that took it up to Fulham who I think are still to settle a relatively new line up. Cumby have attained new interest from me and I think they will be a dark horse and may make the top 4. So…Westies unbeaten with a huge goal difference. Fulham in second with a game in hand (when is the first round game with city likely to be played…? 3 weeks gone). Westies take on Fulham and I recon Big Kev has the chest pushed out and strutting his stuff and confident of 4-0 winning streak (rightfully so. No threats to a league and Cup title or will there???).

Will Max deliver a game to defeat the might hellas.? The other one is Cumby v Uni. I cannot pick that result however, I think Cumby will take the chocolates. City will have another easy run and account for Campbelltown whilst Metro will be troubled by Salisbury. If Salisbury is to be considered as a team to watch then I’d expect a better result.

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

geoff9559 wrote:Ouch! 10:0 for westies....definitely a big goal difference for them now
Someone posts a tweet making fun of the result and the FFSA 'likes' it :roll:

What is it with these dills. Wonder how the girls are feeling after that loss - not that the FSSA would care.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

ZZZZ
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ZZZZ »

yeh i saw that but it was round 4 v adel city. some guy called @jakobskrnjug on twitter and PS4 NPL liked his comment. I thought it was bit strange

ZZZZ
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ZZZZ »

loos like they unliked it here is the original

http://pasteboard.co/OGoSuOMtg.png