Round 5

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Round 5

Post by juniorsupporter »

Seems like there were a few close games on Friday- would particularly like to hear about Fulham/Metro and Uni'/Inter as I was unable to see them. Looked exciting. Anybody?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Round 5

OK. Over 80 views and not one reply. I'll try again in a way that might get someone to volunteer an opinion.... :D

I've heard through the grapevine that apparently there were a couple of interesting games Friday night. There is a rumour circulating, from those in the know, that the competition might be a bit more even than everyone thought. Looks like there will be a rabid battle for the title. Watch this space.... 8)

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

hope this helps saw this on the facebook page...from the Uni vs Inter game

RESULT | Jenkin pulls off a late-late penalty save to send Adelaide University Soccer Club second on the table!

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Thanks General! :D

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Saw the second half of Metro v Fulham.

Score swing went Metro 3-2, then 3-3, then Metro up 5-3, then Fulham pegged it back to 5-4 and had a corner at the death. The GK went forward and scored the equaliser...you could not write a better script!

This was the third time I'd seen Metro this season, and whilst they looked better attacking-wise, they didn't look that bad defensively but obviously conceding 5 goals isn't a great reflection. Fulham looked very dangerous every time they went forward but kept getting caught on the break. I thought Balomenos was quite composed as always.

Uni v Inter

It was largely even in patches but if you counted the chances on goal, it would be heavily in Uni's favour. Had seen Inter look more effective counter-attacking but they didn't execute that at all in this game. Condon was an absolute menace all game, didn't put a foot wrong. There was a late penalty (probably last min but the scoreboard was still set on the previous game) but the Uni GK pulled off a great diving save.

RAP300
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by RAP300 »

V.Balomenos scored the equaliser (5-5)