Adelaide United WFC Coaches

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Adelaide United WFC Coaches

Post by sportsbird »

The talk out of AUWFC is that Kevin McCormack will be offered the head coach and Chris Goddard as his assistant coach in 2017-2018.
AUWFC were going to offer it to a previous assistant coach but due to ongoing complaints in the past will not be approached.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Adelaide United WFC Coaches

Post by juniorsupporter »

You have been missed, Sportsbird. :lol:

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

I've got no idea if this rumour is true or not, but I know one thing for sure, if true, both should resign at end of season as WNPL coaches.

You can't have WNPL coaches doing both gigs. Its a massive conflict of interest and a major competitive advantage when a coach can tell a player, come play for me at WNPL level and I will pick you for the Lady reds.

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

sportsbird wrote:The talk out of AUWFC is that Kevin McCormack will be offered the head coach and Chris Goddard as his assistant coach in 2017-2018.
AUWFC were going to offer it to a previous assistant coach but due to ongoing complaints in the past will not be approached.

Here we go again. Another coach. How many coaches since the start of the W League in 2008? 6 coaches.
As I previously stated before, Huss will not be coaching the AUWFC for 2017/2018 season for certain reasons.
AUWFC have identified Paul Pezos as the new coach and will appoint him at some point during the WNPL season 2017

Remember this statement sportbird!!!!

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

alwaysoffside
If AUWFC was to appoint Paul Pezos will be a big mistake. How many male clubs as he coached and has been sacked or told to leave because of his abuse and arrogances. Now he trying out with the WNPL.
When he was at the lady reds as assistant coach with Alloisi, there were ongoing complaints by the players. Players left because of his attitude etc.
That's why he was not appointed as AUWFC coach when Jones was appointed.
Currently, there are players unhappy with him at ACWFC. Leopards do not change their spots.
What kind of coach promises players a spot in the AUWFC if they play for ACWFC in 2017. There will be numerous players that will be heart broken because of his lies.
Anyway, he will not be appointed because he is not the right person for the job. Just ask the past and present players who were coached under his regime and you will get the answer.
Will be great if Kevin and Chris get the gig. They are great communicators of female players and have a lot of knowledge and experience in the women's sport.

Finding Sportsbird
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Finding Sportsbird »

Sportsbird you imbecile.....you must be a player that isnt very good or a disgruntled parent that cant handle that there kid is not good enough.
This looks like a personal attack on Pez so why not go up to him and express your feelings. He is a very approachable person and says things the way they are.
Pez has never ever promised anybody anything ask his players or past players they all have to work for it.
You can say all the crap you want on here but thats all you can do so here are some facts.
Pez has never been sacked or asked to leave just look at his coaching profile
U14 adel city 2nd spot
U15 west adel 1st undefeated and won all cups
All the u15 went to u18 west adel came 4th and won the federation cup
4 players from that group went onto his senior squad 2015 and won the minor and championship
2016 adel city womens doing really well so far
2016 aufc reserves doing well also
Pretty good record i think....
Anyway sportsbird as for players leaving can you tell me who they were because most of them are with him at city except for kristy lauren jenna izzy gabby and emily the others were imports or interstaters. So your Barossa Pearl statements are now my facts stated.
Sportsbird time will tell who will be coach of auwfc and i hope its a local lets start supporting the local coaches and the womens game to keep it growing in the right direction. God bless

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Finding Sportsbird wrote:Sportsbird you imbecile.....you must be a player that isnt very good or a disgruntled parent that cant handle that there kid is not good enough.
This looks like a personal attack on Pez so why not go up to him and express your feelings. He is a very approachable person and says things the way they are.
Pez has never ever promised anybody anything ask his players or past players they all have to work for it.
You can say all the crap you want on here but thats all you can do so here are some facts.
Pez has never been sacked or asked to leave just look at his coaching profile
U14 adel city 2nd spot
U15 west adel 1st undefeated and won all cups
All the u15 went to u18 west adel came 4th and won the federation cup
4 players from that group went onto his senior squad 2015 and won the minor and championship
2016 adel city womens doing really well so far
2016 aufc reserves doing well also
Pretty good record i think....
Anyway sportsbird as for players leaving can you tell me who they were because most of them are with him at city except for kristy lauren jenna izzy gabby and emily the others were imports or interstaters. So your Barossa Pearl statements are now my facts stated.
Sportsbird time will tell who will be coach of auwfc and i hope its a local lets start supporting the local coaches and the womens game to keep it growing in the right direction. God bless
You are either naive or just defending a good friend of yours. If you honestly think that Paul did not promise players then you are in denial. It is a fact and every club and coaches now it because he had approached numerous players and were offered the same thing.
I am not a disgruntle ex player, I was a good player (Unsure why you would say that I must not have been a good player, but then again that is why you are defending Paul because you have the same mentality as Paul, and finally I don't have a kid playing soccer.
I am just a person who has had enough of the disrespect towards women's football in South Australia. We are so far behind other states it's not funny.
Following Huss's decision not to coach in 2017-2018, a new head coach should have been appointed prior to the start of the WNPL. But again it is always left just prior to the W league commencing.
I do support local coaches as I said in my previous comments that it would be great if Kevin and Chris are appointed. Kevin and Chris are local head coaches who have a vast amount of knowledge and experience and have a great communications skills towards female players.
Not that it can be said about Paul who had previously been involved as an assistant coach to the lady reds but have caused a lot of issues amongst the players during his time there.
I'm sure Paul is an approachable person outside of football, but he certainly does not know how to communicate in an effective way to players and he certainly knows how to destroy a players confidence by the way he tells the player how he sees things as they are.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I am not a disgruntle ex player, I was a good player
why dont you identify yourself allowing others to judge whether you were a good player or not.....just as you are judging Pezos.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Finding Sportsbird

Sportsbird im not naive and yes i am defending pez as he has coached me before in a very professional manner. Again like i said majority of the players are with him so what disrespect really did he show? Which players did he contact and promised them something? Yes id yourself but you wont because you are a disgrace to the game............he approach players as he needed to make a new squad at adel city just like every other coach does to build a team. I guess you dont get it because you were never a player to be contacted. Yes we are behind other states because of people like you who talk crap like you do. Anyway i think people see past your stupidity and have figured you out as a pest to the womens game. Im not here to play anymore games with you as your not a good enough player to play with me. Stick to your crappy club..

LOVE OF FOOTBALL
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LOVE OF FOOTBALL »

Sportsbird,
This is my first time on this forum and I agree with one of your comments.
Kevin McCormick and Chris Goddard would be a great acquisition as AUWFC Head Coach and for the future of women's football.
Kevin's football background cannot be questioned as has been recognized as an outstanding coach not only as West Adelaide Head Coach but in women's sport. Chris has also been a great ambassador for women's football with vast amount of experience in state football and having him beside Kevin would be a fantastic gain for Adelaide United.
I understand Paul Pezos will be appointed as AUWFC Head Coach and I also understand that he has been trying his best to communicate effectively with his players at Adelaide City. Hopefully, if he is appointed that he continues to do a great job and not fall back to his old habits. Some would say otherwise.
In conclusion, I know a lot of women in the football fraternity that would love to see Kevin and Chris appointed as the new coaches of the Adelaide United Women's Football Club.
Good luck to the candidates.

Finding Sportsbird

Sportsbird........
Another w-league player signs with adel city.
Mmmmmmmm seems like mud is being thrown on your face.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Finding Sportsbird, you are hilarious.
You said you would'nt play games with me anymore. Mmmmmmmmmm
Whats more hilarious that you have decided to use my filename .
You seem to be the only person on this forum that is defending Paul. How about you get your friends to get ob board and support your comments.
I will be happy if I'm wrong. But unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that truth hurts, and a lot of ex W League players in the past have been hurt.

Just looking at the local players that played under alosi and pezos in 2013-2015, only two players have gone on to continue to play at the highest level for AUWFC.
Emily Condon
Alex Chidiak
Emily & Alex were identified prior to Aloisi and Pezos coaching them.
So where have these players gone and what does this tell you about their level of coaching.

2013 squad
Bianca Gray
Emily Condon
Monique Iannella
Isabel Hodgson
Tiarn Powell
Jessica Nagel
Daniela Di Bartolo

2014 squad
Bianca Gray
Emily Condon
Monique Iannella
Isabel Hodgson
Tiarn Powell
Jessica Nagel
Daniela Di Bartolo

2016 squad
Cheyenne Hammond
Emily Hodgson
Ally Ladas
Stella Rigon
Emily Condon
Racheal Quigley
Lucy Adamopoulos
Grace Abbey
Georgia Campagnale
Kelsey Zafiridis
Dragana Kljajic
Isabella Scalzi
Sarah Willacy
Claudia Jenkins
Alex Chidiac

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

:shock: :roll: 8)

Finding Sportsbird

Hammond, emily, grace georgia, claudia and alex were all part of the ntc girls team ross and pez had. Unfortunately these girls were to you to play at the time but still remained with the ntc and were train on players. How many games did your rest of your list play this year. You can say at least there were more sa girls in the squad but realisticly did they struggle? Probably why your answer above is no they didnt get much game time only a couple did.

Finding Sportsbird

Where is 2015 list. How come your not on their?

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Interesting banter about identities and potential coaches. There is no doubt some PR work done by all in the mix for the job and this is a good thing. It shows that people want o take up the job. Whether its PP or KM.

For mine.......leave the players names out of this thread. They're not part of this pissing war.

Also whoever gets the gig will be in for a very testing time. Past seasons will attest to this. I personally wish all the players (local) the very best of luck for the season because I know they are 100% committed to the team and club. And of course the coaches and managers etc.

Keep discussion about the topic and leave personal attacks out of it otherwise I'll stop reading it. I mean it (feet stomping)

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

billy the kid wrote:Interesting banter about identities and potential coaches. There is no doubt some PR work done by all in the mix for the job and this is a good thing. It shows that people want o take up the job. Whether its PP or KM.

For mine.......leave the players names out of this thread. They're not part of this pissing war.

Also whoever gets the gig will be in for a very testing time. Past seasons will attest to this. I personally wish all the players (local) the very best of luck for the season because I know they are 100% committed to the team and club. And of course the coaches and managers etc.

Keep discussion about the topic and leave personal attacks out of it otherwise I'll stop reading it. I mean it (feet stomping)
Billy the kid

I accept your comments about the players name. This was not in any way to attack the players but to highlight the deficiency of previous coaches and the lack of respect to female Athletes and the competition.

As you are aware that there has been issues with coaches in the past and we should not go back to them. Therefore, I am totally in favour of Kevin McCormick and Chris Goddard of taking over the Lady reds. We should all get behind Kevin and Chris and support their nomination.

Coaches like Kevin and Chris have gained a lot of respect from past and present players. They have done a wonderful job at West Adelaide currently on top spot of the ladder.

In future I will leave the players out of this thread again.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Whether PP or KM get appointed (either way not fussed), then the successful appointee must quit as a WNPL coach at the end of the current season.

It would be a totally unfair competitive advantage in terms of player recruitment if one was to coach a WNPL at the same time.

All the best talent aspiring to the W League would naturally gravitate to the WNPL club of the Lady reds coach, especially if that coach was making promises to certain players.

WNPL clubs want to work with the lady reds, not compete against them.

Otherwise best of luck to PP and KM.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

scipio africanus wrote:Whether PP or KM get appointed (either way not fussed), then the successful appointee must quit as a WNPL coach at the end of the current season.

It would be a totally unfair competitive advantage in terms of player recruitment if one was to coach a WNPL at the same time.

All the best talent aspiring to the W League would naturally gravitate to the WNPL club of the Lady reds coach, especially if that coach was making promises to certain players.

+1

I also hope if it is PP or KM its announced next week (after the 30th of June so that no players can transfer and move to the club that has the current Lady Reds coach) so that some planning can start happening and we can start making announcements on social media etc and start building our Lady reds team and some excitement.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Rightside wrote:
scipio africanus wrote:Whether PP or KM get appointed (either way not fussed), then the successful appointee must quit as a WNPL coach at the end of the current season.

+1

I also hope if it is PP or KM its announced next week (after the 30th of June so that no players can transfer and move to the club that has the current Lady Reds coach) so that some planning can start happening and we can start making announcements on social media etc and start building our Lady reds team and some excitement.
I've got no doubt some player movements this year were based on the expectation of this very scenario happening. I've been aware of these rumours for months having heard from players.

In need FFSA might have to re-adjust the 'home grown' lady red ruling if commonsense does not prevail and the coach to be insists on coaching both WNPL and W League.

RAP300
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by RAP300 »

Has anyone confirmed that these rumours were correct (certain coaches poaching players from other clubs, promising them a gig in the w-league squad)?

Finding Sportsbird

Just ask the new players that went to the club its not that hard.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Finding Sportsbird - I understand now why you are so protected of your brother Paul. I respect you for that as I would do the same.

Finding Sportsbird

Ok thanks........
You keep assuming thats all you do.

nick pezos
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by nick pezos »

sportsbird wrote:Finding Sportsbird - I understand now why you are so protected of your brother Paul. I respect you for that as I would do the same.
I'm actually Pauls brother u clown. I just haven't bothered with any of ur speculations as they are all full of cabernet.

Also if u have any problem with Paul or the way he coaches, u should confront him and tell him to his face. Pauls very approachable and professional in his manner. Ur just a keyboard warrior.
I don't need to hide behind a name sportsbird u goose and I have no problem myself if u wanna see me face to face and I can pass on the message to paul.

Either way it's people like u that the game dosent move forward in SA.
Only if u knew how much time, effort and dedication Paul actually puts towards football in SA with both men's and women's, and u think he's going to worry about comments from a "SPORTSBIRD" lol :clown:

Finding Sportsbird

Oops Sportsbird i guess you were wrong again. He does put alot of time in because coaching 1 team is hard he does 2. Nick if you really are his brother i wouldnt bother with Sportsbird dont buy into its crap. 1 thing before i exit this conversation Sportsbird why dont you reveal yourself just like nick has???????.ha ha ha ha maybe xmas may come early for you this year.... bye bye

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

You show me your I'll show you mine.

I reckon you should all show up at the Shores and the Parks tonight with your pseudonyms name tags and let it rip.

I think the gist of the discussions here in is the way PP has gone about recruiting on the back of promises. Is it ethical ? Depends on your own moral compass...some compasses are still from the first fleet and may be susceptible to the ravages of age.

Anonymity or not I don't think anyone I here has been slanderous and as I said before, keep the players out of the equation and discussion.

Finding Sportsbird

Billy the kid again ask his players i dont think he would make these promises. Im saying this because ive had him before and i know some of the players personally. Ive asked the question and they tell me he never promised anything apart from teaching them to play good football.

Finding Sportsbird

Its too cold tonight staying in to watch the footy.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Maybe it's best to ask those players who didn't actually agree to join, rather than those who did.

Those who did agree, have alot more to lose, especially if someone gets the lady reds coaching gig.

But as they say, 'all's fair in love and in war' I guess.