Round 8

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Round 8

Post by juniorsupporter »

WA/NTC : West Adelaide 2-1
Salisbury/Fulham: Salisbury 2-0
Uni/Metro: 2-2
City/Cumby: City 2-0

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Round 8

Post by SAD GAL »

Here are my tips

West Adelaide 1 NTC 3
Salisbury 3 Fulham 2
Adelaide Uni 2 Metro 5
City 1 Cumby 2

All the best to all the teams. This years' comp is really even and teams 1-7 are in the running for a top four finish.

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

Tips are

Wests 3-2
Inter 3-1
Metro 2-0
Cumby 1-0
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Sad Gal and M@rvin, why Cumby over City? Just curious...

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Hi Junior – Probably indicative of where I see Cumby at.

Their endeavour has been excellent all year AND play a very dower game where all players get behind the ball and the counter attack. All they need is a good forward and in my opinion they’d get many more wins. City is not a challenge for them and either a draw or a won to Cumby is on the cards.

Unless a penalty occurs.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Westies 2-1 NTC
Inter 3-1 Fulham
Uni 0-2 Metro
City 3-0 Cumby

LOVE OF FOOTBALL
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LOVE OF FOOTBALL »

Westies 1-1 NTC
Inter 4-1 Fulham
Uni 1-1 Metro
City 2-0 Cumby

Looking forward to Uni playing well against Metro.

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

juniorsupporter wrote:Sad Gal and M@rvin, why Cumby over City? Just curious...
Basically the same reason as Sad Gal, so we will see on the night.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

SAD GAL wrote:Hi Junior – Probably indicative of where I see Cumby at.

Their endeavour has been excellent all year AND play a very dower game where all players get behind the ball and the counter attack. All they need is a good forward and in my opinion they’d get many more wins. City is not a challenge for them and either a draw or a won to Cumby is on the cards.

Unless a penalty occurs.
Interesting.

Its where you saw Cumberland at the time?

Second the last with only 1 win. City top with 6 wins from 7 matches!

Final Score- City 6 Cumberland 1

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Yes I'm prone to big statement however, you have used the league ladder and last week's results (which I predicted a Cumby win) in response to my preview of the City Cumby game.

The league ladder is a good indicator of performance however, I look at what I see on the pitch and whilst their game can stifle others its hard to sustain and hence 6 goals by City...with the majority scored in the second half. Was it due to Cumby's mental and physical fitness or City's fitness and mental stamina that caused the blow out. Or both.

I think second to last (as they were for most of 2017) doesn't represent them well however, wins gets you up the ladder. They haven't had too many, a few draws though.

As I have said previously, they need a good forward or two to capitalise on the midfield and defensive plays and they will get more wins.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Good effort by the NTC girls to keep WA to 3 goals, given they played with 10 from the 38th minute...wonder how the result would have been different had they not lost their keeper so early in the game?

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Coyote »

SAD GAL

Whilst I did not agree with your comments and predictions in regards to the Cumberland v City match and the West v NTC matches, I wish to compliment you on thinking outside the square. It makes for good reading/discussion and you would have looked like a genius had these upsets eventuated. With Cumberland scoring the first goal, your prediction with that match did look possible. The season has produced some upsets so anything can happen. I look forward to your comments for Round 9

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Hi Coyote.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Genius one day and feather duster the next. I suppose the City Cumby result did not pan out the way I had expected and was based on my observations of Cumby in past matches. Given their strong defensive mindset and game plan and the way they stifle the opposition, I thought City may struggle and whilst that did happen until half time, afterwards, the skill and class of City did a number on them.

I will be watching the score with interest for the Cumby Metro game this Friday because they kept them to a 0-0 score line time they met. As I will be the west city game. WOW what a night of football.

Coyote wrote:SAD GAL

Whilst I did not agree with your comments and predictions in regards to the Cumberland v City match and the West v NTC matches, I wish to compliment you on thinking outside the square. It makes for good reading/discussion and you would have looked like a genius had these upsets eventuated. With Cumberland scoring the first goal, your prediction with that match did look possible. The season has produced some upsets so anything can happen. I look forward to your comments for Round 9