The Roar v The Reds

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

The Roar v The Reds

Post by SAD GAL »

Only a win can salvage the Reds' push towards finals. Draw not ideal but at least a point whilst a loss is (I'll choose my words wisely) will make it impossible to make the top 4. Again.

How does this sit with the people on this forum?

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: The Roar v The Reds

Post by QuodUnusQuiPulsat »

Yet another failed season. Waste of money and resources as per usual.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

not even half way already writing Lady Reds off ?
Hopefully they have worked on their finishing / shooting, and get their first win again Roar.
This will be high scoring game Roar defense is not the quickest, our defense ball watch too much.
I feel there will be some surprise results in all matches in coming weeks.

Here are my thoughts based on what I have seen on ABC and highlights on W League site

Sydney with all the Matildas are not playing well, last week in second half resorted to long balls all to no avail
Canberra are the most physical side,Newcastle to sneak into the 4.

Melbourne Derby is the game of the round, Carpenter did not have her best game last week, she was not alone - Logarzo did little , didnt see much of Ford second half, I thought she was subbed.
Carpenter was nutmegged, also she failed to track her direct opponent who scored for Sydney. She never gives up and did provide the assist to the winning goal.
Very interesting round of matches coming up, worth noting that all teams so far who have had the bye, have not won the week after, here is hoping Adelaide can change that.

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

In the way wrote:not even half way already writing Lady Reds off ?
Hopefully they have worked on their finishing / shooting, and get their first win again Roar.
This will be high scoring game Roar defense is not the quickest, our defense ball watch too much.
I feel there will be some surprise results in all matches in coming weeks.

Here are my thoughts based on what I have seen on ABC and highlights on W League site

Sydney with all the Matildas are not playing well, last week in second half resorted to long balls all to no avail
Canberra are the most physical side,Newcastle to sneak into the 4.

Melbourne Derby is the game of the round, Carpenter did not have her best game last week, she was not alone - Logarzo did little , didnt see much of Ford second half, I thought she was subbed.
Carpenter was nutmegged, also she failed to track her direct opponent who scored for Sydney. She never gives up and did provide the assist to the winning goal.
Very interesting round of matches coming up, worth noting that all teams so far who have had the bye, have not won the week after, here is hoping Adelaide can change that.
People write them off because once again they are hopeless. I'll be very surprised if they manage to score more than 10 goals and avoid yet another wooden spoon. Pull the team and put the time and money into the Men's sides.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Troll.

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

juniorsupporter wrote:Troll.

Realist*

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

JayCody wrote:People write them off because once again they are hopeless. I'll be very surprised if they manage to score more than 10 goals and avoid yet another wooden spoon. Pull the team and put the time and money into the Men's sides.
Sorry JC but on what of seen this season they're far from hopeless & have in fact been quite competitive thus far this season.
That's not to say what you've predicted could become a reality but lets get behind OUR team with constructive & encouraging remarks.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

JayCody wrote:People write them off because once again they are hopeless. I'll be very surprised if they manage to score more than 10 goals and avoid yet another wooden spoon. Pull the team and put the time and money into the Men's sides.
Sorry JC but on what of seen this season they're far from hopeless & have in fact been quite competitive thus far this season.
That's not to say what you've predicted could become a reality but lets get behind OUR team with constructive & encouraging remarks.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

not our best game, very slow getting started our defenders caught ball watching yet again
take into consideration no team has won coming off a bye, yet.
Watch the highlights and you will see how much we watch the ball and not the players when defending
First two goals, will show you six defenders against 3 attackers in or near the penalty box, two of the attackers inside the penalty box completely unmarked
Third goal why did it take so long for one of our players to track back with Raso, ran half the length of the field pretty much alone ?
you have just come from 2 nil down away from home wouldnt you try and hang onto the draw instead of pushing for a 3rd goal ?
Without knowing what is said in the change rooms, hard to know whether it was the coaches plan that failed or the players not doing what the coach asked or both
It concerns me what kids are being taught today ( male and female ) when it comes to defending, even in the A league where defenders out number the attackers inside the penalty box yet always at least one attacker completely unmarked
why is it so ? too much emphasis on zonal defending ?