Lady Reds In Disarray

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Lady Reds In Disarray

Post by sportsbird »

juniorsupporter wrote:Sportsbird, which local WNPL players, currently not in the squad, do you feel have the skills and ability, and more importantly the desire, to play at W-league level? I’m curious.
Reading between the lines, it appears by your comments there is no current WNPL players good enough or near enough to play at W League level.
If that is your point, then your comments are in line with the failings of our FFSA development program, NTC and WNPL Clubs.
In relation to who could play in the lady reds, you should refer to my previous comments on this forum which you have read, who I believe should be looked at.
It sounds like you know more about the thoughts of the coaches than you lead on.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Don’t put words in my mouth- I am just curious. And not willing to sift through your many posts for an answer. So answer my question, or don’t.

I don’t think the current elite programs are producing players who are ready for W-League. So maybe on this one point we agree.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

The development squads and programmes are good if done in the right way, and I have been saying for over 12 months now that our current set up and structure is not working and I wont go in to the reasons why - if they cant see that they need to go too.
Our young developing players are missing out, by not playing alongside older experienced players, having all young players playing together against senior experienced players in wnpl is a wasted exercise and causes frustration among other clubs.
Maybe the FSA is not all to blame , they are under pressure to do what FFA tells them, otherwise miss out on funding.

Any player even at club level will improve if they are training 4 times a week, don't need an elite expensive programme to do that, difference is at club level you train not only with a good coach but you learn from the good experience players as well.

If something happens during a game the experience player gives you good advice straight away and you learn what to do next time.
with the current set up the same player wont hear what they did wrong until the coach tells them at half time, too late by them.

Lady Reds - our defending is terrible every week so many unmarked attacking players inside the penalty box, doesnt anyone "man mark" anymore ?
Last week 3 times Brisbane had 3 players in the penalty box completely unmarked, while Adelaide had 6 defenders, not marking anyone - how does that happen , every week ? two of those times they scored. And why did no one track Raso, she started from the halfway line,completely unmarked all the way.
enough from me.

( let's see what they dish up today )

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

In the way wrote:The development squads and programmes are good if done in the right way, and I have been saying for over 12 months now that our current set up and structure is not working and I wont go in to the reasons why - if they cant see that they need to go too.
Our young developing players are missing out, by not playing alongside older experienced players, having all young players playing together against senior experienced players in wnpl is a wasted exercise and causes frustration among other clubs.
Maybe the FSA is not all to blame , they are under pressure to do what FFA tells them, otherwise miss out on funding.

Any player even at club level will improve if they are training 4 times a week, don't need an elite expensive programme to do that, difference is at club level you train not only with a good coach but you learn from the good experience players as well.

If something happens during a game the experience player gives you good advice straight away and you learn what to do next time.
with the current set up the same player wont hear what they did wrong until the coach tells them at half time, too late by them.

Lady Reds - our defending is terrible every week so many unmarked attacking players inside the penalty box, doesnt anyone "man mark" anymore ?
Last week 3 times Brisbane had 3 players in the penalty box completely unmarked, while Adelaide had 6 defenders, not marking anyone - how does that happen , every week ? two of those times they scored. And why did no one track Raso, she started from the halfway line,completely unmarked all the way.
enough from me.

( let's see what they dish up today )
In the way, that was well said. Great to see someone that understands on what is going on in SA.