AUWFC Vs WSW

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

AUWFC Vs WSW

Post by sportsbird »

I will be the first to comment and say that lady reds were extremely good, confident and aggressive. Finally, Ivan has finally shown faith in placing Condon back on the wing where she should be and Grant at right back. That's a start, but a bit too late in the season now. Great to see changes made in the last line of defence. I am pleased to see McNamara get an opportunity and play very well. Ivan you made the best decision this season to leave M Fowler on the bench even though she came back from injury. Overall, it was pleasant game to watch and exciting until WSW scored the last two goals, but that happens in sports.
Well done Adelaide United.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: AUWFC Vs WSW

Post by billy the kid »

I agree Sportsbird. yes too late in the season. One win is probably long over due (over 365 days in fact). Do we still think this is ok?

Incidentally, I am very concerned with the W League and the number of top end Australian players whom are leaving before the season ends Or have elected not to play this season. Anyone share these concerns

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

billy the kid wrote:I agree Sportsbird. yes too late in the season. One win is probably long over due (over 365 days in fact). Do we still think this is ok?

Incidentally, I am very concerned with the W League and the number of top end Australian players whom are leaving before the season ends Or have elected not to play this season. Anyone share these concerns
The difference this week is they put away chances in the first half, they've been creating them week in week out, second half went back to creating chances and not finishing, it should have been 5 or 6 nil by the time WSW got their pen, this is the discussion I've been bringing up each week, all the games I've watched this season they have played alright they just haven't scored, the chances have always been there, and the more chances go begging the more pressure is dumped on the defence/GK, happens in all football.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Thanks PM. well said

Putting away the chances is what determines a top 4 (finals) and being out of the finals....for 11 years in succession. It'snot an easy problem to resolve because if it were, everyone would be battling to finish top.

I see our issues are to recruit/attract the right player to fit the key positions. I think we won't get them here.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

billy the kid wrote:Thanks PM. well said

Putting away the chances is what determines a top 4 (finals) and being out of the finals....for 11 years in succession. It'snot an easy problem to resolve because if it were, everyone would be battling to finish top.

I see our issues are to recruit/attract the right player to fit the key positions. I think we won't get them here.
Spot on, finding and being able to attract a top striker is tough, hopefully Chelsea keeps improving so we have a local long term solution.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Agreed PM. I am a strong supporter of strong local talent and the cream on top are the imports.