ETHNIC FOOTBALL CLUBS IN THE A-LEAGUE - AUSTRALIA SAYS NO!

Do you like talking to yourself? Do you like continually talking about the same topic? Do you watch football games from outside the perimeter fence to avoid paying entry fees? Do you like reliving past glories over and over and over and over? If so then this is the forum might be for you. You can grind your axes to your hearts content in this forum.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: ETHNIC FOOTBALL CLUBS IN THE A-LEAGUE - AUSTRALIA SAYS N

Post by Bomber »

Peter_Griffin wrote:
Lucas Leiva wrote:Go enjoy your FFSA 13-team Ethnically-Cleansed Apartheid League Peter Griffin!
I don't appreciate being labelled a racist, because I'm not :clown:

You forgot the blue text.
Ignore this signature

Peter_Griffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Peter_Griffin »

Bomber wrote:
Peter_Griffin wrote:
Lucas Leiva wrote:Go enjoy your FFSA 13-team Ethnically-Cleansed Apartheid League Peter Griffin!

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Lopperman would be proud TD.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Kitchimo wrote:Lopperman would be proud TD.
Haven't heard much from Lopperman lately.
Time for some righteous indignation

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Hate to think what the standard of football (soccer) would be like in OZ if it wasn't for the "ethnics".
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

THE ORACLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORACLE »

my grandad reckoned there was only 2 races of people on this planet. englishmen and foreigners. :P :wink:

Peter_Griffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Peter_Griffin »

Token wrote:Funny how its was these "people" that brought the game into Australia and the only ones playing and funny how you also forget the although the problems of the NSL were due to the clubs, it was also due to how the league was run.
To formally respond to this nonsensical dribble, I present the following two points:

1) A passage taken from he Craword report:

"The Committee received many submissions raising concerns about governance practices within the sport and questioning whether the governing body is genuinely acting for the benefit of the sport as a whole.
The Committee believes there is a need for strong and explicit governance guidelines for Soccer Australia relating to the roles and responsibilities of directors and addressing conflict of interest rules and sanctions. "

2) A complete transcript of a 4 corners program called "The final whistel" outlining how the ethnic clubs ruined Australian football:

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/s565607.htm

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

onya peter ur tha man
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Peter_Griffin wrote:
Token wrote:Funny how its was these "people" that brought the game into Australia and the only ones playing and funny how you also forget the although the problems of the NSL were due to the clubs, it was also due to how the league was run.
To formally respond to this nonsensical dribble, I present the following two points:

1) A passage taken from he Craword report:

"The Committee received many submissions raising concerns about governance practices within the sport and questioning whether the governing body is genuinely acting for the benefit of the sport as a whole.
The Committee believes there is a need for strong and explicit governance guidelines for Soccer Australia relating to the roles and responsibilities of directors and addressing conflict of interest rules and sanctions. "

2) A complete transcript of a 4 corners program called "The final whistel" outlining how the ethnic clubs ruined Australian football:

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/s565607.htm
Interesting read for those that didn't grow up with the game.

Ciudad Juarez
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ciudad Juarez »

The way I look at it is this: If ethnic teams were bad for the game they would be weeded out naturally.

Id suggest that any "non ethnic" advocates such as Peter Griffin start their own "non ethnic" club. Run it better than the ethnic clubs and the players will flock to you. Have enough of these well run "non ethnic" clubs and soon the ethnics will have no players wanting to play for them.

Until that day comes, you can argue against ethnic clubs all you like, let the process of survival of the fittest take its course and we will see what happens. Youd be better off trying to make your own club successful Peter, rather than slagging off those that are giving kids somewhere to play the game they love.
Formerly known as El Paso del Norte

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

great FIRST post wombat.. cough cough

lucky ur profession isnt fishing :D
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Modiano Triestine
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Modiano Triestine »

wombat 004 wrote:The way I look at it is this: If ethnic teams were bad for the game they would be weeded out naturally.

Id suggest that any "non ethnic" advocates such as Peter Griffin start their own "non ethnic" club. Run it better than the ethnic clubs and the players will flock to you. Have enough of these well run "non ethnic" clubs and soon the ethnics will have no players wanting to play for them.

Until that day comes, you can argue against ethnic clubs all you like, let the process of survival of the fittest take its course and we will see what happens. Youd be better off trying to make your own club successful Peter, rather than slagging off those that are giving kids somewhere to play the game they love.
Well said..its all about the future of this game in this nation....Have a good look out the window...the ethnics are everywhere and they're starting to change colour too.

Earlier today....

Standing i line waiting to buy a lottery ticket and overhear a discussion between the newsagent manager and a lady telling him how she is concerned about her 15yo son playing AFL and how he has already broken three bones in his body. The newsagent manager then lets her know of his 2 hip replacements and the wonderful "painful" years at Richmond FC back in the 50's...He then goes on to tell she should watch the World Cup and what a beautiful sport it is to watch and play..

I had to put my 2 cents worth in and say that her son would be retiring from the AFL when "real football" players would be in their prime....not to mention making more money in a month of football compared to years of AFL.

She looks at me with this look of...you know what?...your right!...I am gonna talk to my son, tell his friends and everyone else i know...that football "the round one" is the greatest game on earth....

She was not an ethnic, neither was the newsagent manager...converted..who knows??

Maybe...during my lifetime.... just maybe..... it might be the No. 1 sport in this country?

Roll on the Round Ball !!!

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

I would suggest that rather than responding to Xabi Alonso, don't let him have his fun and make you look like a fool!
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Ciudad Juarez
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ciudad Juarez »

Kosta Utd wrote:great FIRST post wombat.. cough cough

lucky ur profession isnt fishing :D
Long time listener, first time caller... :lol:
Formerly known as El Paso del Norte

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Peter_Griffin wrote:IMHO, South Melbourn can take their souvlaki infested bid for the A-League and shiraz OFF!!!!!

Ethnic football clubs are not welcome in OUR A-League!
How about you catch a ship of the same fleet that dumped you here and maybe shiraz off yourself to wherever it is that ship brought you from :wink: :roll: :clown:

You could only wish about a dinner plate that was infested with souvlaki you disrespectful piece of cabernet Now do us all a favour and go jump off the nearest cliff :D :arrow:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

wombat 004 wrote:The way I look at it is this: If ethnic teams were bad for the game they would be weeded out naturally.

they were weeded out, the ones that werent financial and didnt have the support went down the process of natural selection.

Who remembers Footscray JUST, Preston Lions, Green Gully, Mooroolbark, West Adel Hellas, Inter Monaro, St George Budapest, etc etc.

-----------------------------

For the last 6 years the ethnic clubs were the minority.

The barriers to entry were so ridiculously low anyone could enter. The fact that these clubs failed too just maybe it wasnt the effnics that brought the competition down.

Here's a refresher to what the NSL was up against!:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/warrin ... tml?page=2

Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 1908 »

Peter Griffin if you dont like the ethnic element in Australian soccer maybe you should switch over to the great Australian game of Aussie rules..........but then again isnt a Greek (Demetriou) at the helm there ???? Hmmm maybe cricket or lawn bowls might be more your cup of tea.Cheers cobber !

Peter_Griffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Peter_Griffin »

COLOSSUS wrote:
Peter_Griffin wrote:IMHO, South Melbourn can take their souvlaki infested bid for the A-League and shiraz OFF!!!!!

How about you catch a ship of the same fleet that dumped you here and maybe shiraz off yourself to wherever it is that ship brought you from :wink: :roll: :clown:

You could only wish about a dinner plate that was infested with souvlaki you disrespectful piece of cabernet Now do us all a favour and go jump off the nearest cliff :D :arrow:
Shut up, you greasy strawberry!

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

Peter_Griffin wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:

Shut up, you greasy strawberry!
Welcome back after a 6 year absence.

How was Yatala?

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Peter_Griffin wrote:
P_G your so sad its actually funny :D

general
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by general »

Peter_Griffin wrote:The reason why ethnic clubs aren't welcome in OUR league is because they're more interested in promoting football for their communities than for ALL Australians to enjoy.
Let's also not forget that it was the ethnic clubs who ran the NSL into the ground and it was Frank Lowy who told the ethnic clubs to shiraz off even when the wogs, spags, cros, spics and dagos were whinging about how they deserved to run Australian football by birthright :roll:
Sort of like Anglos running the country and Jews the world
Just as well u don't live in the west

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

If it wasn't for the ethnics putting their hard earnt dollars in the game post WW2 the game would not be where it is today. Fact.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

I fell in love with ethnic clubs when I came over here in 72. I loved the different cultures and the lovely food and atmostphere around the grounds. my first game was against enfield which was predominately german then. I made new mates around the traps for which I will always be gratefull for. it is a big part of my pleasure nowadays to meet up with old foes on match days and have a beer and a yarn. it worked for me and I know im not alone. lets face it we are all ethnics. im an ethnic pom and I wear my badge with pride. ethnic clubs are a unique part of Australian culture and must be preserved for the good of community spirit. the league must not react in this way simply because of some stupid hand stimulaters who are to be found in any multicultural society,who unfortunately tend to bring their own rules with them and do not wish to become aussies like the rest of us all have. the oracle has spoken.cheers. :)

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

THE ORAKLE wrote:I fell in love with ethnic clubs when I came over here in 72. I loved the different cultures and the lovely food and atmostphere around the grounds. my first game was against enfield which was predominately german then. I made new mates around the traps for which I will always be gratefull for. it is a big part of my pleasure nowadays to meet up with old foes on match days and have a beer and a yarn. it worked for me and I know im not alone. lets face it we are all ethnics. im an ethnic pom and I wear my badge with pride. ethnic clubs are a unique part of Australian culture and must be preserved for the good of community spirit. the league must not react in this way simply because of some stupid hand stimulaters who are to be found in any multicultural society,who unfortunately tend to bring their own rules with them and do not wish to become aussies like the rest of us all have. the oracle has spoken.cheers. :)
You'll love the new Middle Eastern club being established soon somewhere along Prospect Road :P
Time for some righteous indignation

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

When I first came here I played for a greek club, then moved to an Italian club and an Anglo club. Made good mates at all of them, felt most at home at the Anglo club though. None of these clubs ever made me feel like an outsider, all they cared about what the ability to play football.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Stitch This wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:I fell in love with ethnic clubs when I came over here in 72. I loved the different cultures and the lovely food and atmostphere around the grounds. my first game was against enfield which was predominately german then. I made new mates around the traps for which I will always be gratefull for. it is a big part of my pleasure nowadays to meet up with old foes on match days and have a beer and a yarn. it worked for me and I know im not alone. lets face it we are all ethnics. im an ethnic pom and I wear my badge with pride. ethnic clubs are a unique part of Australian culture and must be preserved for the good of community spirit. the league must not react in this way simply because of some stupid hand stimulaters who are to be found in any multicultural society,who unfortunately tend to bring their own rules with them and do not wish to become aussies like the rest of us all have. the oracle has spoken.cheers. :)
You'll love the new Middle Eastern club being established soon somewhere along Prospect Road :P
whats with you stitch. you have a go at me whatever I write. I don't slag people on here. do you know me or what, :?: :?: :?:

Peter_Griffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Peter_Griffin »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
Peter_Griffin wrote:
P_G your so sad its actually funny :D
I'm just fighting the good fight to make sure those tinpot ETHNIC clubs don't poison OUR A-League!

Just-Me
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Just-Me »

Peter_Griffin wrote:
No your right, your just a piece of low life garage

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

look,everyone has an opinion on a debating forum. that's what they are all about. one of the gifts the ancient greeks gave the world,to have a forum where you were not penalised for having an opinion in times where you could have been topped for saying it out loud. :roll:

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

I mostly played for Greek background clubs.
I am also an official Greek citizen holding a Greek passport and ID card.
Prefer Greek cuisine , olive oil, Greek fetta cheese etc