Junior fees.

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Junior fees.

Post by gazza »

In the local league forum, someone posted that junior fees for under 6 are $1035. It was posted in a topic concerning metrostars players re-signing. I guess this is what metro charges? As a matter of interest, on average, what to other clubs charge?

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Junior fees.

Post by sulmona »

gazza wrote:In the local league forum, someone posted that junior fees for under 6 are $1035. It was posted in a topic concerning metrostars players re-signing. I guess this is what metro charges? As a matter of interest, on average, what to other clubs charge?
Campbelltown $1100.
Need to be careful when looking at fees.Do not just assume that the money goes to pay seniors wages.
Most clubs do the right thing, however, these days, clubs just can't get enough volunteers to keep the fees lower.

Matthew
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Matthew »

gazza wrote:In the local league forum, someone posted that junior fees for under 6 are $1035. It was posted in a topic concerning metrostars players re-signing. I guess this is what metro charges? As a matter of interest, on average, what to other clubs charge?
When people like yourself gazza stopped volunteering at the club, the club has been forced to employ full time staff, to run the club. Its not easy these days to run a club with over 300 players. So like many clubs in Adelaide today, they have been forced to employ people to run the club, in particular at juniors level.

This means that additional funds need to be charged to cover these costs.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

Matthew wrote:
When people like yourself gazza stopped volunteering at the club, the club has been forced to employ full time staff, to run the club. Its not easy these days to run a club with over 300 players. So like many clubs in Adelaide today, they have been forced to employ people to run the club, in particular at juniors level.

Matthew, just clarifying:
1, never volunteered at metro, played for Beograd a long long time ago, I watch them quite regularly because I live around the corner.
2, mine wasn't a criticism, just picked up from another topic and was hoping other clubs would post their fees so parents who struggled financially would have a cheaper alternative.
3, I agree with your last paragraph and Sulmona post, however, I do not need to worry as my children are grown up.

General Ashnak
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by General Ashnak »

I'd say most juniors are around the $900 mark with miniroos closer to the $500 mark.

Not sure what reason a club would to have to charge more than that unless they are employing coaches, most seem to be volunteers.
"The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that its not just about football."

- Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Matthew wrote:

Full time staff to run little suburban clubs :lol:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Matthew wrote:

Full time staff to run little suburban clubs :lol:
I wonder who many of these roles area advertised and a fair selection process is underatken.

besa
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by besa »

Too expensive most of the coaches are volunteers something needs to be done otherwise we are going to loose so many kids.

Bluechook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bluechook »

besa wrote:Too expensive most of the coaches are volunteers something needs to be done otherwise we are going to loose so many kids.

Junior fees issue is easily fixed.
Join a Club.
Attend the AGM,
Read the financial report.
Work out where expenses can be cut in order to minimise fees.
Volunteer your time and fix it.
What????, you are time poor.
You didn't know you need to pay rent, power, water, maintenance, equipment, registrations, federation fees, police checks, etc.etc. etc.
Don't die wondering, join a club today, volunteer your time. You'll love cooking, cleaning, marking grounds, put up and take down nets, fill up paper work, communicate with parents coaches, other teams and others.dont sleep in, arrive an hour before training and games and lend a hand

Clubs have no choice but make it user pays

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bluechook wrote:
besa wrote:Too expensive most of the coaches are volunteers something needs to be done otherwise we are going to loose so many kids.

Join a Club.
Attend the AGM,
You didn't know you need to pay rent, power, water, maintenance, equipment, registrations, federation fees, police checks, etc.etc. etc.
Don't die wondering, join a club today, volunteer your time. You'll love cooking, cleaning, marking grounds, put up and take down nets, fill up paper work, communicate with parents coaches, other teams and others.dont sleep in, arrive an hour before training and games and lend a hand

Police checks are free for volunteers. Aside from that, I agree.

The Baby
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Baby »

Bluechook wrote:

Join a Club.
Attend the AGM,

Spot on

General Ashnak
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by General Ashnak »

Bluechook wrote:

Join a Club.
Attend the AGM,

Well said.
"The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that its not just about football."

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SP999 »

Ages 12+

Adelaide City $1500
Metrostars $1300
Blue Eagles $1200
Campbelltown $1100

Why such a large variation? They would have similar expenses surely.

General Ashnak
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by General Ashnak »

The Cove FC is $890 for U12+
SA Panthers FC is $935 for U12-U15s

I guess that those other clubs you mentioned have higher costs?

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chico »

Salisbury Inter:

U6+ $230
U9+ $330
U12+ $430

Boys and Girls...

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

sulmona wrote:
Campbelltown $1100.
Need to be careful when looking at fees.Do not just assume that the money goes to pay seniors wages.
Most clubs do the right thing, however, these days, clubs just can't get enough volunteers to keep the fees lower.
That's for under 8s up, 6s and 7s is $750