Napoli v Man City

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Napoli v Man City

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Good game for the neutral and a great result for Napoli.

Strange decision from Mancini to leave Aguero on the bench and play the lazy knob Balotelli, but this was always going to happen once RM started saying they were as good as Barca and could win the CL. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Aguero on the bench and play the lazy knob Balotelli
You have NFI.

If any striker should of been subbed, it should of been Dzeko, who was horrible this morning. Balo scored and had two other great chances created from his movement.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Was good to see Napoli win against city. Hopefully they go through and send city out. The crowd was amazing. Do they play Villarreal home or away?

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Good game for the neutral and a great result for Napoli.

Strange decision from Mancini to leave Aguero on the bench and play the lazy knob Balotelli, but this was always going to happen once RM started saying they were as good as Barca and could win the CL. :lol:

Balotelli looked like scoring evrytime he had the ball around the penalty box, and he should of scored the equaliser if not for a lucky save by De Sanctis.......

Sorry but U have NO IDEA!!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

totsreds08 wrote:Was good to see Napoli win against city. Hopefully they go through and send city out. The crowd was amazing. Do they play Villarreal home or away?

away
man shiity home to bayern

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Away

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

totsreds08 wrote:Was good to see Napoli win against city. Hopefully they go through and send city out. The crowd was amazing. Do they play Villarreal home or away?
The crowds are always amazing at Home and away. Last season we played Bologna away and had over 10000 travelling supporters.

They create an atmosphere much like they do in Germany. Whilst the EPL crowds are fantastic, you don't get the banners, choreographed material or whistling every time the opposition has the ball.

I have been lucky enough to go the stadium to watch a game and it is unbelievable, this despite the stadium actually being outdated.

The President has plans for a new stadium in 3- 4 years time which should secure us financially given that we average about 50,000 each game.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
The crowds are always amazing at Home and away. Last season we played Bologna away and had over 10000 travelling supporters.

They create an atmosphere much like they do in Germany. Whilst the EPL crowds are fantastic, you don't get the banners, choreographed material or whistling every time the opposition has the ball.

I have been lucky enough to go the stadium to watch a game and it is unbelievable, this despite the stadium actually being outdated.

The President has plans for a new stadium in 3- 4 years time which should secure us financially given that we average about 50,000 each game.

are they goin to re-build the San Paolo, or build somewhere else????

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Whilst the EPL crowds are fantastic, you don't get the banners, choreographed material or whistling every time the opposition has the ball.
Are you kidding me? Choreographed :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
You have NFI.

If any striker should of been subbed, it should of been Dzeko, who was horrible this morning. Balo scored and had two other great chances created from his movement.
I'd expect you to defend him because he's Italian. He's OK when he has a chance to score, but he doesn't work hard enough when he doesn't have the ball, doesn't put defenders under enough pressure, then sulks when it doesn't go his way. Sure, he scored from 2 yards out but Balotelli plays for Balotelli. Aguero is twice the forward he is, works tirelessly for himself and his strike partner.

As for Dzeko, he seems to blow hot and cold. He'll be replaced by Cavani next year anyway.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
You have NFI.

I'd expect you to defend him because he's Italian. He's OK when he has a chance to score, but he doesn't work hard enough when he doesn't have the ball, doesn't put defenders under enough pressure, then sulks when it doesn't go his way. Sure, he scored from 2 yards out but Balotelli plays for Balotelli. Aguero is twice the forward he is, works tirelessly for himself and his strike partner.

As for Dzeko, he seems to blow hot and cold. He'll be replaced by Cavani next year anyway.
Balotelli - 9 in 10 games, he cant be that bad.

Aguero was carrying an injury he picked up playing for Argentina last week.

Cavani next year..... unless you guys are prepared to absolutely break the bank I cant see it happening. Out of our big three, Hamsik would be the first one to be sold only if we could replace him.

If you dont want Balotelli, we will have him thanks :)

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
You have NFI.

Balo isn't a hard working striker, I will give you that. Just because he isn't running around like most British strikers harrasing defenders doesn't mean he isn't as effective. There are 9 other players on the pitch to do the dirty work, he is there to play on the last defender, hold the ball up and create/take opportunties, which he has been doing so very well.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

God is an Englishman wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Whilst the EPL crowds are fantastic, you don't get the banners, choreographed material or whistling every time the opposition has the ball.
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=stadi ... =1&chk=sbg

Peckerhead, when Millwall start doing this sort of stuff you can talk.

And this http://www.tuttonapoli.net/?action=foto

If you had seen the opening sequence this morning you would know what I mean.

Amazing supporters, no one can deny that.

Last time Millwall actually played in the Champions league?

Now pipe down peanut.
Last edited by El Pibe D'Oro on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

El Diez wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:

Re-build on the current site.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=stadi ... =1&chk=sbg

Peckerhead, when Millwall start doing this sort of stuff you can talk.

And this http://www.tuttonapoli.net/?action=foto

If you had seen the opening sequence this morning you would know what I mean.

Amazing supporters, no one can deny that.

Last time Millwall actually played in the Champions league?

Now pipe down peanut.
Choreographed singing and dancing :lol:

It's football not a broadway musical

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Re-build on the current site.
So Napoli will buy it from the council I take it? Otherwise money will still be made predominantly by the city.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:You have NFI.

Balotelli - 9 in 10 games, he cant be that bad.

Aguero was carrying an injury he picked up playing for Argentina last week.

Cavani next year..... unless you guys are prepared to absolutely break the bank I cant see it happening. Out of our big three, Hamsik would be the first one to be sold only if we could replace him.

If you dont want Balotelli, we will have him thanks :)
Firstly, I'm not a Man City fan. Secondly, I said Balotelli was lazy (and he is) and he's a knob (which is hard to deny), not that he is poor (9 in 10 proves he can finish), just that this was a game they had to win (they can afford to lose to Liverpool at the weekend and still win the EPL) and Aguero is a much more complete forward. You play your best team in the games like this (Micah Richards anybody - playing out of his skin and then gets dropped?) but TBH I didn't know Aguero was carrying an injury.

BTW, when City offer Cavani 200,000 Euros a week, he'll be the first one to be on his bike. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Firstly, I'm not a Man City fan. Secondly, I said Balotelli was lazy (and he is) and he's a knob (which is hard to deny), not that he is poor (9 in 10 proves he can finish), just that this was a game they had to win (they can afford to lose to Liverpool at the weekend and still win the EPL) and Aguero is a much more complete forward. You play your best team in the games like this (Micah Richards anybody - playing out of his skin and then gets dropped?) but TBH I didn't know Aguero was carrying an injury.

BTW, when City offer Cavani 200,000 Euros a week, he'll be the first one to be on his bike. :lol:
Are you trying to imply Balo isn't up for big games :?

I agree, 100% fit, Aguero should of started, but next to Balo, not in place of Balo. The Richards thing was wierd, Zabaletta was so static, Richards would of been perfect, especially as Napoli sat back.

LOL at Naps thinking Cavani wouldn't go to Man City for the right price. Luckily for them, I don't think Man City need him.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Are you trying to imply Balo isn't up for big games :?
Not really, I don't think 'up for it' is the question, it's just the sort of player he is, extravagant talents but appears to only want to use them for his own benefit.

I just think Aguero is one of those forwards who not only scores his share but works his nuts off (Tevez, Suarez, Rooney are similar) to the benefit of his strike partner (and others), whereas Balotelli is all about Balotelli. I will guarantee you that Dzeko and any other forwards they buy will play better with Aguero than with Balotelli, which is not to say Balotelli is rubbish, but all you get is Balotelli.
Danny Blanchflower

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Not really, I don't think 'up for it' is the question, it's just the sort of player he is, extravagant talents but appears to only want to use them for his own benefit.

I just think Aguero is one of those forwards who not only scores his share but works his nuts off (Tevez, Suarez, Rooney are similar) to the benefit of his strike partner (and others), whereas Balotelli is all about Balotelli. I will guarantee you that Dzeko and any other forwards they buy will play better with Aguero than with Balotelli, which is not to say Balotelli is rubbish, but all you get is Balotelli.
Fair call, he is a somewhat selfish player, but so far this season he has played very well with Aguero up top. He doesn't partner Dzeko very well, but I think they are too similiar players.

I still think he has more dimensions to his game than you give him credit for.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Fair call, he is a somewhat selfish player, but so far this season he has played very well with Aguero up top. He doesn't partner Dzeko very well, but I think they are too similiar players.

I still think he has more dimensions to his game than you give him credit for.
Sort of proves the point. Dzeko plays well with Aguero, Balotelli plays well with Aguero and, in all probability, Tevez and Adebayor would play well with Aguero. Playing with MB is hard work.
Danny Blanchflower

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sort of proves the point. Dzeko plays well with Aguero, Balotelli plays well with Aguero and, in all probability, Tevez and Adebayor would play well with Aguero. Playing with MB is hard work.
Mmm not entirely. There are many strikers who are either too similiar or completely different styles that don't suit. Balo has played well with many strikers, Aguero, Tevez, Eto'o etc etc. Sometimes strikers are just not compatible, Torres/Crouch, Defoe/Keane, Ibra/Messi etc etc. I think his ability allows him to gel with most, but granted, whoever he partners will be doing most fo the harassing when not in possession.

Agree to disagree :)

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Dont know if Im the only one who noticed, but Ray Wilkins taking every opportunity to smash Napoli was laughable. From his comments about the stadium, to glorifying every City pass.

It was glorious to have to listen to him get the words Napoli 2 Man City 1 thru his teeth. Not sure what his gripe is with Napoli, I would assume he was on the rough end of the stick at the San Paolo when he played for Milan in the 80's.Would have been hard getting towelled up by Maradona, Ferrara, Garella, Giordano and co.

The commentary is so EPL its not funny, yet they completely discredit a side which got it tactically perfect on the night.

You can have all the possession you want, but at the end of the day it means nothing if you cant score.

Foster crapping on about all Man City's chances at the end was making me sick to the stomach. I suspect he forgot 1) Lavezzi's 1 v 1
2) Hamsik hitting the post with just Hart to beat & 3) Maggio's complete fuck up with Hart on the floor - all of these chances mind you coming when Napoli were 2-1 up.

In short, the 7th Placed Serie A side beat a team top of the EPL.

Art Vanderlay
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Art Vanderlay »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
El Diez wrote:
Re-build on the current site.

Whats going to happen to the apartment building that's not even 20m away from the stadium then? :lol: :lol: The area around the stadium is a complete shiithole (and before any of you funny guys comment, i mean the immediate surrounds-fuorigrotto(?) )
DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4uKZSNplEc

You kept making all the stops? Well people kept rrrrrrrringing the bell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpvON6IpNs

Art Vanderlay
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Art Vanderlay »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Dont know if Im the only one who noticed, but Ray Wilkins taking every opportunity to smash Napoli was laughable. From his comments about the stadium, to glorifying every City pass.

It was glorious to have to listen to him get the words Napoli 2 Man City 1 thru his teeth. Not sure what his gripe is with Napoli, I would assume he was on the rough end of the stick at the San Paolo when he played for Milan in the 80's.Would have been hard getting towelled up by Maradona, Ferrara, Garella, Giordano and co.

The commentary is so EPL its not funny, yet they completely discredit a side which got it tactically perfect on the night.

You can have all the possession you want, but at the end of the day it means nothing if you cant score.

Foster crapping on about all Man City's chances at the end was making me sick to the stomach. I suspect he forgot 1) Lavezzi's 1 v 1
2) Hamsik hitting the post with just Hart to beat & 3) Maggio's complete fuck up with Hart on the floor - all of these chances mind you coming when Napoli were 2-1 up.

Wish the coverage had an option where you could just hear the noise in the stadium and not the commentators (namely Wilkins). There would be a more unbiased call if Eddie Everywhere did a Collingwood game ffs
DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4uKZSNplEc

You kept making all the stops? Well people kept rrrrrrrringing the bell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpvON6IpNs

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

The area around the stadium is a complete shiithole (and before any of you funny guys comment, i mean the immediate surrounds-fuorigrotto(?) )

.......Ive been there and the only complete shiithole I could see were the travelling Milan and Lazio supporters :)

...........and there werent many of them either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOOTBALL IS A FOREIGN GAME FOR HOOLIGANS & DRUNKEN PSYCHO-FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Dont know if Im the only one who noticed, but Ray Wilkins taking every opportunity to smash Napoli was laughable. From his comments about the stadium, to glorifying every City pass.

THIS!
8)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Diez wrote:

THIS!
8)
Relevance absolutely nil, happens all the time in Cup comps.

Spurs smashed Internazionale in the CL. Does that make them a better team? On the night, obviously yes, but overall? Doubtful.
Danny Blanchflower

El Matador CAVANI
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by El Matador CAVANI »

I think Mancini knows Lavezzi likes to start out on the left and cut in, and seeing as him and Zabaleta are close friends and played togehter for the national team with international experience, thats why he opted for him.

make no mistake, this was Man City's biggest game of the season.

I'm very surprised Aguero didnt start (he's obviously injured) and the fact he only gave him 10 mins shows hes definitely injured

de jong starting in place of barry was a weird one as well.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Daily Mail wrote:Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis has warned Manchester City they will need to splash out more money than they have ever spent if they want to sign Edinson Cavani.

City scout Barry Hunter has met Cavani's agent in Rome and Roberto Mancini is lining up a £30million January bid for the striker.

Well, that didn't take long :lol:
Danny Blanchflower