Salisbury Villa,...

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Salisbury Villa,...

Post by bapa »

to fold??????

thats the rumour I heard!

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Salisbury Villa,...

Post by gee_kay »

would that mean Comets to come up to div 1.?
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

marado wrote:to fold??????

Bogus

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Care to elaborate? Who or what is your source?

I play for Villa and as far as I know, preseason starts on the 31st Jan.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Azzurri80 wrote:

find out on the 31st and let us know.
its a rumour i heard at the pub

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

marado wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:

its a rumour i heard at the pub
Spoke to a few people on this myself............Sounds like there's definitely an issue at SV :shock:

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

i spoke to a player 2 weeks ago who laughed at the suggestion
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

its a rumour i heard at the pub[/quote]

Spoke to a few people on this myself............Sounds like there's definitely an issue at SV :shock:[/quote]

sure you havent been talking to the macedonians seems to be few folding rumours going on today :shock: :shock:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Horda wrote:i spoke to a player 2 weeks ago who laughed at the suggestion
Where there's smoke there's fire :( This was coming from someone very much involved.

Hope they can resolve their issues anyway......have plenty of mates that are involved and play there.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

so, are they in or not??

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

as the years go on more and more clubs will fold. No one wants to put their hand up at clubs to do the work required to run it. More and more people just want to turn up and then go home after. As the current people who make clubs tick get older and move on on to other things clubs will fold. Its sad but that what is happening across many clubs and its just not Soccer.

gaizka_mendieta
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gaizka_mendieta »

POLONIAROCS wrote:as the years go on more and more clubs will fold. No one wants to put their hand up at clubs to do the work required to run it. More and more people just want to turn up and then go home after. As the current people who make clubs tick get older and move on on to other things clubs will fold. Its sad but that what is happening across many clubs and its just not Soccer.
Sad but true.I've even witnessed some clubs where they won't even put on a bbq because the person that normally does it a'int there on that particular day.Pathetic really.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Villa ain't folding.

I'd like to know who you guys have been speaking to that are 'very much involved at the club'.

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

does s villa still have barbed wire around their ground?

cbf
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by cbf »

Jack Mehorf wrote:
Where there's smoke there's fire :( This was coming from someone very much involved.

Hope they can resolve their issues anyway......have plenty of mates that are involved and play there.
Hi all

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time out to once again talk about our club. I'd also like to thank the well wishers.
This next statement may disappoint alot of people. Salisbury Villa, off the park, is the strong as its ever been, and in no way, shape or form, is folding a possibility. Yep thats right gentlemen, we are here to stay. The only smoke coming out of Villa is when we do our BBQ's. Training began last week with a strong turn out of both loyal and new players.
As for your source heavily involved in the club - he was probably on his fifth pint!!!!!
Thanks all, good luck and have a great season everyone - dont forget to say hello and have a beer on me when you visit !
P.S. - the barbed wire is still up and working a treat !!!! Keeps the mongrels out :P

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

cbf wrote:
Jack Mehorf wrote:

Hi all

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time out to once again talk about our club. I'd also like to thank the well wishers.
This next statement may disappoint alot of people. Salisbury Villa, off the park, is the strong as its ever been, and in no way, shape or form, is folding a possibility. Yep thats right gentlemen, we are here to stay. The only smoke coming out of Villa is when we do our BBQ's. Training began last week with a strong turn out of both loyal and new players.
As for your source heavily involved in the club - he was probably on his fifth pint!!!!!
Thanks all, good luck and have a great season everyone - dont forget to say hello and have a beer on me when you visit !
P.S. - the barbed wire is still up and working a treat !!!! Keeps the mongrels out :P
Fantastic news, can't wait till either we get promoted or you relegated to resume our friendly fire :D

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

cbf wrote:
Jack Mehorf wrote:

Hi all

I guess thats sorted then.....

Is Joe C still playing this year?

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

cbf wrote:
Jack Mehorf wrote:

Hi all

Good to hear.....no one is trying to unsettle SV or anyone at the club. This is a forum, and if anything we're just throwing out the question. If you're in a position to quash the discussion, then so be it.