Napoli fans racism towards players

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Napoli fans racism towards players

Post by coutinho10 »

CHELSEA will make an official complaint to UEFA if any of their players are racially abused in Napoli's stadium tonight.
Daniel Sturridge and other team members were subjected to monkey chants as they arrived at their team hotel yesterday.
Around 150 Napoli fans started the gestures as Sturridge made his way from the bus.
And they repeated the chants when the squad were seen assembling for their lunch.
A Blues spokesman warned: "If any member of our team or staff are subjected to racist abuse we would find that wholly unacceptable and it would be reflected in our conversations with UEFA.
"Chelsea FC finds any form of discriminatory behaviour totally abhorrent and has no place in society whatsoever."
LIVERPOOL FC *****

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Napoli fans racism towards players

Post by justmyopinion »

cheliski soft cocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I agree reporting racism is just soft.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Posting news items two weeks after the event is soft.
Time for some righteous indignation

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Dont agree with any type of racism.

However........ Before any Chelsea supporter starts posting rubbish, I urge them to have a quick look in thier own backyard.

Your Skipper is a well known offender.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Dont agree with any type of racism.

However........ Before any Chelsea supporter starts posting rubbish, I urge them to have a quick look in thier own backyard.

No he's not, there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty in civilised countries.

e-football
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by e-football »

:lol:
Like I need a keyboard!

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Plenty of real evidence to show sections of the Chelsea support are just as racist though. The headhunters are famous for Nazi salutes at football games. Saying that though, they are not alone in this, the siech heil unfortunately seems to be a universal greeting for casuals all over the place!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Talk about the Pan calling the Kettle Black. :lol: :roll: :wink:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Old Master wrote:Talk about the Pan calling the Kettle Black. :lol: :roll: :wink:
more like the the pan calling the kettle a black champagne! :lol:

e-football
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by e-football »

:lol:
Like I need a keyboard!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sure Conihr wrote:Plenty of real evidence to show sections of the Chelsea support are just as racist though. The headhunters are famous for Nazi salutes at football games. Saying that though, they are not alone in this, the siech heil unfortunately seems to be a universal greeting for casuals all over the place!

In all of my years watching football I have never seen one. In fact when the National Front turned up at Millwall many years ago, they were beaten up and thrown out.

Dimshonk
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dimshonk »

Sure Conihr wrote:Plenty of real evidence to show sections of the Chelsea support are just as racist though. The headhunters are famous for Nazi salutes at football games. Saying that though, they are not alone in this, the siech heil unfortunately seems to be a universal greeting for casuals all over the place!
Ftj

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Dimshonk wrote:
Ftj

sorry I don't understand it geek, so I don't know whether to agree with you or call you a clown.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

You can't make huge generalisations, I know, but all across Britain, there are firms that are associated with far right groups, my club included.
Not saying every football fan is a thug.
Not saying every thug is a Nazi.
Not saying every Nazi is a football fan.
But here you go:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive ... eague.html
This was 2 years ago.
(The EDL now has members here in Australia.)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sure Conihr wrote:You can't make huge generalisations, I know, but all across Britain, there are firms that are associated with far right groups, my club included.
Not saying every football fan is a thug.
Not saying every thug is a Nazi.
Not saying every Nazi is a football fan.
But here you go:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive ... eague.html
This was 2 years ago.
(The EDL now has members here in Australia.)

that is most definitely correct, the EDL does have members here in australia. The edl have strived to be non racist, they are against the inequalities and against radical islam who preach hatred and bomb innocent people. However, like any organisation like this there will always be some who take it a step further.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Found this Hawkesy:
Admittedly before our time, but it does show for how many years now there has been links between firms and the far right.
By 1977, football hooliganism was fundamental to English Saturday afternoons. The disease had been exported to Europe and was a recurring item on the news pages - and always the name of Millwall was somehow invoked.

Jago decided on a bold initiative; he invited the a BBC Panorama team investigating the English Disease to bring their cameras down to Cold Blow Lane.

Jago's three years at The Den had transformed the club's image. There was little of substance to this - just a general sense of cleanliness, a smart new strip, a bright newsy club magazine and a manager who was articulate and plausibly ambitious.

The vibe was good: Millwall's supporters were perceived to be among the best behaved in London and there had been no outbreaks of hooliganism for years. Jago saw the Panorama documentary as an opportunity to kill the Millwall Myth.

Alas, the BBC was seeking to prove a theory: that football hooliganism was more than just random violence, that it was linked to the fascism of the National Front, and that the malignancy in English football, which by now was infecting the nation at large, was rooted in Millwall Football Club.

The National Front's "national activities organiser", Martin Webster, was interviewed to lend substance to this claim, and pictures of his supporters selling fascist literature outside The Den - something never witnessed before or since - were transmitted to the nation.

When the club and local policemen saw a preview of the film they begged the BBC not to transmit it. The story was false, a perverse and sickening distortion of the truth. Glasnost proved disastrous both for Millwall and for Jago, who resigned shortly after the Panorama programme was transmitted.

Myth and reality finally fused for Millwall three months after the broadcast. In March 1978, a full-scale riot broke out at The Den during an FA Cup quarter-final against Ipswich. Fighting began on the terraces, then spilled out on to the pitch and into the narrow streets around the ground. Bottles, knives, iron bars, fists, boots and concrete slabs rained from the sky. Dozens of innocent people, real Millwall fans, were injured.
http://www.millwall-history.org.uk/Mill ... themob.htm

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sure Conihr wrote:Found this Hawkesy:
Admittedly before our time, but it does show for how many years now there has been links between firms and the far right.
By 1977, football hooliganism was fundamental to English Saturday afternoons. The disease had been exported to Europe and was a recurring item on the news pages - and always the name of Millwall was somehow invoked.

Jago decided on a bold initiative; he invited the a BBC Panorama team investigating the English Disease to bring their cameras down to Cold Blow Lane.

Jago's three years at The Den had transformed the club's image. There was little of substance to this - just a general sense of cleanliness, a smart new strip, a bright newsy club magazine and a manager who was articulate and plausibly ambitious.

The vibe was good: Millwall's supporters were perceived to be among the best behaved in London and there had been no outbreaks of hooliganism for years. Jago saw the Panorama documentary as an opportunity to kill the Millwall Myth.

Alas, the BBC was seeking to prove a theory: that football hooliganism was more than just random violence, that it was linked to the fascism of the National Front, and that the malignancy in English football, which by now was infecting the nation at large, was rooted in Millwall Football Club.

The National Front's "national activities organiser", Martin Webster, was interviewed to lend substance to this claim, and pictures of his supporters selling fascist literature outside The Den - something never witnessed before or since - were transmitted to the nation.

When the club and local policemen saw a preview of the film they begged the BBC not to transmit it. The story was false, a perverse and sickening distortion of the truth. Glasnost proved disastrous both for Millwall and for Jago, who resigned shortly after the Panorama programme was transmitted.

Myth and reality finally fused for Millwall three months after the broadcast. In March 1978, a full-scale riot broke out at The Den during an FA Cup quarter-final against Ipswich. Fighting began on the terraces, then spilled out on to the pitch and into the narrow streets around the ground. Bottles, knives, iron bars, fists, boots and concrete slabs rained from the sky. Dozens of innocent people, real Millwall fans, were injured.

as it says mate, they'd never been seen there before or since. True when written but they came back in late 80's and were beaten up. The distributors was a set up by the BBC in order ot back up their own claims.

Not denying that football groups have far right links, it would be stupid to do so but I stand by that I've never see a nazi salute in all my years of watching games in England.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

God is an Englishman wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Dont agree with any type of racism.

No he's not, there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty in civilised countries.
Well your precious FA felt the need to strip the captaincy for absolutely no apparent reason other than....... what ????

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Well your precious FA felt the need to strip the captaincy for absolutely no apparent reason other than....... what ????

they're not my precious FA.

Are you saying that you don't agree with the idea of a presumption of innocence. I know even australia has that, i assume italy does as well.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Sure Conihr wrote:Found this Hawkesy:

as it says mate, they'd never been seen there before or since. True when written but they came back in late 80's and were beaten up. The distributors was a set up by the BBC in order ot back up their own claims.

Not denying that football groups have far right links, it would be stupid to do so but I stand by that I've never see a nazi salute in all my years of watching games in England.
I did see that part also, thought it would still be of interest.
Anyway, back to my original comment, I just found an excerpt of an old doco by a journo that went "undercover" trying to expose the level of organisation and violence and the mentality of football firms. I used to have the whole thing on video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSR43ECnlaw

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sure Conihr wrote:I did see that part also, thought it would still be of interest.
Anyway, back to my original comment, I just found an excerpt of an old doco by a journo that went "undercover" trying to expose the level of organisation and violence and the mentality of football firms. I used to have the whole thing on video.
Whilst interesting, this documentary was widely discredited. In the final part he goes with the chelsea firm to man city v Millwall. That's just laughable, no way would chelsea team up with Millwall.

As I said the link between far right is obvious and undeniable but I have watched games all over the country in all 4 divisions and have never seen one at a game. One of Millwall's top boys (Tiny) in the 70's was black as was the scums (cass "lying champagne" pennant). The Headhunters top boy (steve) in the 80's best mate was black and he now lives in thailand and has a thai wife, his brother was also gay.

Dimshonk
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dimshonk »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Well your precious FA felt the need to strip the captaincy for absolutely no apparent reason other than....... what ????

they're not my precious FA.

Are you saying that you don't agree with the idea of a presumption of innocence. I know even australia has that, i assume italy does as well.
Your assumption about Italy is way off the mark.
A disgraceful legal system there.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Sure Conihr wrote:I did see that part also, thought it would still be of interest.
Whilst interesting, this documentary was widely discredited. In the final part he goes with the chelsea firm to man city v Millwall. That's just laughable, no way would chelsea team up with Millwall.

As I said the link between far right is obvious and undeniable but I have watched games all over the country in all 4 divisions and have never seen one at a game. One of Millwall's top boys (Tiny) in the 70's was black as was the scums (cass "lying champagne" pennant). The Headhunters top boy (steve) in the 80's best mate was black and he now lives in thailand and has a thai wife, his brother was also gay.
It was also widely acclaimed and respected. The courts thought it was good enough.
Discredited or not, the guy at the start of that video (Jason Marriner) giving a Nazi salute at a game is a Chelsea fan, known as the general amongst the headhunters, who served 2 years for football hooliganism.
I said it happened. You said you aint seen it. I said, well it happens; look.
Maybe a stunt double, maybe a false elaborate fabrication of a character for the sake of good telly, who knows... :lol: but it happened.

the fink
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by the fink »

alm01 wrote:CHELSEA will make an official complaint to UEFA if any of their players are racially abused in Napoli's stadium tonight.
Daniel Sturridge and other team members were subjected to monkey chants as they arrived at their team hotel yesterday.
Around 150 Napoli fans started the gestures as Sturridge made his way from the bus.
And they repeated the chants when the squad were seen assembling for their lunch.
A Blues spokesman warned: "If any member of our team or staff are subjected to racist abuse we would find that wholly unacceptable and it would be reflected in our conversations with UEFA.
"Chelsea FC finds any form of discriminatory behaviour totally abhorrent and has no place in society whatsoever."
marado no comment i notice

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sure Conihr wrote:It was also widely acclaimed and respected. The courts thought it was good enough.
Discredited or not, the guy at the start of that video (Jason Marriner) giving a Nazi salute at a game is a Chelsea fan, known as the general amongst the headhunters, who served 2 years for football hooliganism.
Maybe a stunt double, maybe a false elaborate fabrication of a character for the sake of good telly, who knows... :lol: but it happened.

and I stand by that I've never seen one at a game.

As for stunt double etc.. I have no idea I just know that I (and my fellow Millwall fans) found them supposedly teaming up with Millwall to be laughable. I was at the game in question and there was certainly some fun and games that day though.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Sure Conihr wrote:It was also widely acclaimed and respected. The courts thought it was good enough.

and I stand by that I've never seen one at a game.

As for stunt double etc.. I have no idea I just know that I (and my fellow Millwall fans) found them supposedly teaming up with Millwall to be laughable. I was at the game in question and there was certainly some fun and games that day though.
I guess the bottom line is it's everywhere. If clubs are serious about getting rid if it, theyre not going to get anywhere by pointing the finger at each other.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

threesome wrote:
alm01 wrote:CHELSEA will make an official complaint to UEFA if any of their players are racially abused in Napoli's stadium tonight.
marado no comment i notice
He supports Man Utd.

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

El Pibe D'Oro i am no Chelsea supporter
really couldn't give two hoots about what happened more so a certain Napoli fan continues to
put posts up about Liverpool And Racism again with rolling eyes.

So i guess i was waving the kettle to him. We had one player accused and convicted & one supporter banned and
an advert banned due to over the top political correctness.
150 fans chanting monkey compared to 3. one word for some "Backyard"

tip for being on the forum
maybe you need to get paro so you can read between the lines and not be so precious.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Blueblood wrote:I guess the bottom line is it's everywhere. If clubs are serious about getting rid if it, theyre not going to get anywhere by pointing the finger at each other.

how do you stop a political offiliation though. Yes, ban people for racism (they do), yes ban people for nazi salutes (the only offender found is banned as well) but you can't ban people for being member of political movemements or parties like EDL or BNP.

Where would that end? You voted BNP - banned from football, I voted UKIP - can I attend?