SAASL Round 1 - Question

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SAASL Round 1 - Question

Post by BeogradGeneralsC's »

bloodypassit wrote:Is it true Salisbury Florina and Beograd are postponing their game next week ???
I have left a message for Salisbury Florina via their club contact on the SAASL website.

Nothing has yet to be organised. Will advise the broader masses once a definitive decision is agreed upon by both clubs

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

I dont know why there is still any confusion over this matter.

Brahma Lodge will be playing Beograd as scheduled, Refs have been booked, Brahma have planned everything for our first home game of the season and it is all systems go!

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Left Right Out wrote:I dont know why there is still any confusion over this matter.

Brahma Lodge will be playing Beograd as scheduled, Refs have been booked, Brahma have planned everything for our first home game of the season and it is all systems go!
Fixtures have been changed as per the schedule on the SAASL website

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Left Right Out wrote:I dont know why there is still any confusion over this matter.

Well we have just been notified, this is a joke and it shouldnt happen. Sorry but Eater is this weekend end of story.

SAASL have let themselves down.

manu16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by manu16 »

Round 1 - SUN DIV 2 A Date: 15/04/2012
Home Team Away Team Ground

BOSNA WESTN STRIKERS UNISA Cnr Main Nth Rd/Mawson Lakes Blvd
BEOGRAD SALS FLORINA FRANK MITCHELL PARK
BRAHMA LODGE PH WEST COCKBURN GREEN
MACEDONIA UTD WEST BEACH MACEDONIA GROUND
STHN KNIGHTS MSSC BLUE EAGLES STHN KNIGHTS GROUND

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Left Right Out wrote:

Well we have just been notified, this is a joke and it shouldnt happen. Sorry but Eater is this weekend end of story.

You are still at home you tool! nothing changes for you! you will still rock up and play. Instead of us, you will play Para Hills...

In your words you are "ALL SYSTEMS GO"

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

lisbon lion wrote:
Smashed on Vino wrote:I can remember as a junior we played the Queen's Birthday Cup where corners counted :P ....Isn't this the same sort of thing?
showing your age now brother :lol: :lol: :lol: only thing is i remember it to :oops:
Worse still, I remember a 5 or 6 year old lisbon lion running round Ramsey Park in a Queens Birthday Cup final :shock:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

So the saasl has changed the fixture for Beograd not to play Brahma and play florina instead, but now beograd are trying to re schedule not to play with florina on that day bcos of orthodox easter ?? have i got this right?? ...
with all due respect to Beograd thats a lot of screwing around... just get on with it...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PASC wrote:So the saasl has changed the fixture for Beograd not to play Brahma and play florina instead, but now beograd are trying to re schedule not to play with florina on that day bcos of orthodox easter ?? have i got this right?? ...
with all due respect to Beograd thats a lot of screwing around... just get on with it...
getting on with it.

Thanks

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

BeogradGeneralsC's wrote:
Left Right Out wrote:

You are still at home you tool! nothing changes for you! you will still rock up and play. Instead of us, you will play Para Hills...

In your words you are "ALL SYSTEMS GO"
We had a sponsors day booked for our home game against westies, our biggest crowd of the year, which was later in the season. Its a huge day, where we put on big event for all of our sponsors and fans and the opposition. We now have to rejig this whole thing, to be held when we face another team, with less of a crowd, as there is no time to arrange to hold that next week. The world doesnt just revolve around you guys, as much as you think it should. We will rock up and play next week though, we cop it on the chin and play, as that is what the fixtures say we are to do. We dont all expect everyone else to buckle to our wants and needs

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

manu16 wrote:Round 1 - SUN DIV 2 A Date: 15/04/2012
Home Team Away Team Ground

BOSNA WESTN STRIKERS UNISA Cnr Main Nth Rd/Mawson Lakes Blvd
BEOGRAD SALS FLORINA FRANK MITCHELL PARK
BRAHMA LODGE PH WEST COCKBURN GREEN
MACEDONIA UTD WEST BEACH MACEDONIA GROUND
STHN KNIGHTS MSSC BLUE EAGLES STHN KNIGHTS GROUND
We are supposed to be at home to Bosna in Round 1?!? We have not been advised of any changes at this stage.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

PASC wrote:So the saasl has changed the fixture for Beograd not to play Brahma and play florina instead, but now beograd are trying to re schedule not to play with florina on that day bcos of orthodox easter ?? have i got this right?? ...
This.
Sorry Beograd, decent bunch of lads but this is crazy. Let yourselves down here.

Will you lot be ok to play "the mothers day" fixture.?
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Just change and become an orthodox, and all your dreams and wishes will come true .... they are blessed by God ...
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

getting on with it.

Thanks
out of curiosity... if Florina or any other team was to object to a re schedule would u forefit or tell your boys the game is on and hope they all show up??
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

BPBC wrote: We had a sponsors day booked for our home game against westies, our biggest crowd of the year, which was later in the season. Its a huge day, where we put on big event for all of our sponsors and fans and the opposition. We now have to rejig this whole thing, to be held when we face another team, with less of a crowd, as there is no time to arrange to hold that next week. The world doesnt just revolve around you guys, as much as you think it should. We will rock up and play next week though, we cop it on the chin and play, as that is what the fixtures say we are to do. We dont all expect everyone else to buckle to our wants and needs
Agreed this is all bull, our club are Coptic Orthodox and we have a Saturday morning service which goes until 6am!

Yet, both our teams are playing Cup matches that day and all players with the exception of those who won't be in Adelaide have said they will play without question.

Pull your finger out whoevers complaining about Easter and thats coming from a fellow Orthodox!!!

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PASC wrote:
getting on with it.

Thanks
out of curiosity... if Florina or any other team was to object to a re schedule would u forefit or tell your boys the game is on and hope they all show up??
This is something for the club to work out internally.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Why couldn't you work it out "internally" to start with then rather than all this fuss?

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

getting on with it.

Thanks
out of curiosity... if Florina or any other team was to object to a re schedule would u forefit or tell your boys the game is on and hope they all show up??[/quote]

This is something for the club to work out internally.[/quote]

no disrespect but perhaps you guys should work it out pretty soon , so everyone else can work around it lol

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Chaos wrote:Why couldn't you work it out "internally" to start with then rather than all this fuss?
+1

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Current Sunday Division 2 fixtures...we share our ground and had already pencilled in home games in the booking diary....I hope we are still okay :shock:

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Swanny, we can play at home AS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED so let us know if you run into problems.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 187 »

swannsong wrote:Current Sunday Division 2 fixtures...we share our ground and had already pencilled in home games in the booking diary....I hope we are still okay :shock:

You'll have to wait and see if Beograd are happy with the rest of their draw 1st, they may have a christening or a birthday or maybe 1 of their games will clash with a good sunday arvo movie.. So there could be other changes yet.. :roll:

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Aldo Serena wrote:Swanny, we can play at home AS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED so let us know if you run into problems.
just ask 35 years what he will want .. dont want him complaining lol

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can hear Justin Timberlake singin loud and clear
:wink: Karma....

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Aldo Serena wrote:Swanny, we can play at home AS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED so let us know if you run into problems.
Aldo, my belief is that Southern Knights would be quite happy with an opening Round 1 home game as well as a final Round 18 home game. :D
Looks like only Round 1 and Round 4 have been changed.

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

Macedonia play West beach rd 1 and Para Hills West rd10 what a bloody JOKE! WE REFUSE TO PLAY ALL MUSLIM HOLIDAYS so SAASL CAN YOU CHANGE OUR GAMES????

BeogradGeneralsC's
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

club man wrote:Macedonia play West beach rd 1 and Para Hills West rd10 what a bloody JOKE! WE REFUSE TO PLAY ALL MUSLIM HOLIDAYS so SAASL CAN YOU CHANGE OUR GAMES????
Aug 19, 2012 Sunday Eid-al-fitr (end Of Ramadan)

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

club man wrote:Macedonia play West beach rd 1 and Para Hills West rd10 what a bloody JOKE! WE REFUSE TO PLAY ALL MUSLIM HOLIDAYS so SAASL CAN YOU CHANGE OUR GAMES????
Now you try the smartarse response :?

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

Its my dogs birthday on rd 3 planning a big party for him, and as i worship him as a GOD i think the SAASL should allow us to postpone our game

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chaos wrote:
Now you try the smartarse response :?
This is getting out of hand, unless it's a holiday recognised as an OFFICIAL public holiday, it should be ignored and no concessions given otherwise where do you draw the line?