My Phonecall to the FFSA today

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

My Phonecall to the FFSA today

Post by Robbo »

Trying to do the online Referee's Course that is run through the FFSA.

Did all but one question - Law 6 - which I am convinced is some kind of error or is a really stupid answer. (mind you they are all stupid)

Anyway, ring the FFSA for assistance on it.. my response..

"Sorry we do not support the SAASL in any shape or form and the SAASL did not ask for permission from us to link up to that website."

The bloke fair dinkum had his knickers in a knot because I wanted to do a referee certificate, but i was from an amateur club !! And Ingle farm have a girls team in the FFSA too !!!!

The FFSA are just so childish, its no wonder people like Clive Palmer want to form a breakaway league from the FFA

Seriously !!!!

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: My Phonecall to the FFSA today

Post by pernunz »

:lol: Did you make the mistake of assuming common sense would prevail?

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

pernunz wrote::lol: Did you make the mistake of assuming common sense would prevail?
:lol:

That'd be a perfect world, seriously if you want a laugh, try the course..

https://laws.myfootballclub.com.au/users/signup

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

ROBBO wrote:
pernunz wrote::lol: Did you make the mistake of assuming common sense would prevail?
:lol:

That'd be a perfect world, seriously if you want a laugh, try the course..

https://laws.myfootballclub.com.au/users/signup
I actually do need to do it, as I'll be a backup club ref. Was speaking to our A-grade referee on the the weekend and he said it was as weak as piss :lol:

I can't wait to have control, and power. 8 penalties for holding in the box at corners, 24 re-takes of penalties for encroachment, 8 sendings off for abusing the referee, for which I'll adopt a 0 tolerance policy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Chips
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chips »

what is law 6?

If it is the assistant ref section, it took me longer than any exam i completed at school to do. between trying every combo and serching the net for cheat sheet i swear i spent a good couple hrs on it :lol:

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Chips wrote:what is law 6?

If it is the assistant ref section, it took me longer than any exam i completed at school to do. between trying every combo and serching the net for cheat sheet i swear i spent a good couple hrs on it :lol:
that's the one, could you enlighten me with the answers ?

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

It's pretty pissweak course, but anything like that has it's place. It's like the road laws - you have to know them, but just passing the test doesn't instantly turn into a driver.

That's a pretty amazing response. You'd have thought they would have helped out just to spread the good will.

BlackBrian_7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BlackBrian_7 »

I would have thought, as you have rightly pointed out that you guys have team(s?) in their leagues that they would be bound to help you out as you pay affiliation fees.

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

ROBBO wrote:

I did it a while ago, but from memory, if it's the multiple choice responsiblities, there may be one response like "uphold the laws of game" which was a curve ball - that's for the ref only.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

blackout wrote:
ROBBO wrote:

I did it a while ago, but from memory, if it's the multiple choice responsiblities, there may be one response like "uphold the laws of game" which was a curve ball - that's for the ref only.
Yeh I am into my third hour on this question - I figured this was the sticking one but i am absolutely pulling my hair out in frustration with the way these questions are set out, laughable really

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

here it is..

TICK ALL CORRECT ANSWERS

As per the previous Law, you now need to identify which of the following are part of the powers and duties or of an assistant referee and which are not. Remember, some of these duties are the referee’s responsibility and not the assistant. HINT: Although some of these items may be performed by assistant referees, this is only when the referee has asked them to do so even if it isn’t his responsibility!

The options are:
Check the field and equipment before the match
Insist that the Referee accept the throw-in direction signal
Make decisions about fouls that occur out of the view of the Referee
Provide advice to Referees
Treat injured players
Enforce the Laws of the Game
Ensure the match ball meets the requirements of Law 2

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

ROBBO wrote:here it is..

TICK ALL CORRECT ANSWERS

As per the previous Law, you now need to identify which of the following are part of the powers and duties or of an assistant referee and which are not. Remember, some of these duties are the referee’s responsibility and not the assistant. HINT: Although some of these items may be performed by assistant referees, this is only when the referee has asked them to do so even if it isn’t his responsibility!

The options are:
***Make decisions about fouls that occur out of the view of the Referee
***Provide advice to Referees
Treat injured players
Badly worded, and I got stuck on it too. I think you have to check the ones I've marked. It all gets blurred under semantics.

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

TICK ALL CORRECT ANSWERS

The options are:
Check the field and equipment before the match It depends on the league, does it not? In professional games, the assistant checks the net, not the referee, but in Amateur league it's the referee.
Insist that the Referee accept the throw-in direction signal No
Make decisions about fouls that occur out of the view of the Referee Yes
Provide advice to Referees Yes
Treat injured players No, but it should be
Enforce the Laws of the Game No. But ambiguous
Ensure the match ball meets the requirements of Law 2 No, the referee does it

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

pernunz wrote:

TICK ALL CORRECT ANSWERS

The options are:
Check the field and equipment before the match It depends on the league, does it not? In professional games, the assistant checks the net, not the referee, but in Amateur league it's the referee.
Make decisions about fouls that occur out of the view of the Referee Yes
Treat injured players No, but it should be
Enforce the Laws of the Game No. But ambiguous
Ensure the match ball meets the requirements of Law 2 No, the referee does it
yup - thats what I would have said, but wrong !!

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by kramerica »

TICK ALL CORRECT ANSWERS

The options are:
Check the field and equipment before the match No
Make decisions about fouls that occur out of the view of the Referee No
Treat injured players No
Enforce the Laws of the Game No
Ensure the match ball meets the requirements of Law 2 No
Tried checking what I put down, but you can't once you complete the course. I think the above is what I put down.

Porky
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Porky »

ROBBO wrote:Trying to do the online Referee's Course that is run through the FFSA.

Did all but one question - Law 6 - which I am convinced is some kind of error or is a really stupid answer. (mind you they are all stupid)

Anyway, ring the FFSA for assistance on it.. my response..

"Sorry we do not support the SAASL in any shape or form and the SAASL did not ask for permission from us to link up to that website."

The bloke fair dinkum had his knickers in a knot because I wanted to do a referee certificate, but i was from an amateur club !! And Ingle farm have a girls team in the FFSA too !!!!

The FFSA are just so childish, its no wonder people like Clive Palmer want to form a breakaway league from the FFA

Seriously !!!!
That's hilarious!!.....The sooner the get over the fact that the SAASL has more clubs and I'm assuming bigger participation than the FFSA the better

arsenalfan59
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by arsenalfan59 »

It is really hilarious when you consider the course has nothing to do whatsoever with the FFSA.... the SAASL didn't have to get permission to access from them. It's open to ANYONE ANYWHERE nationally.
I've pasted the Introduction below from https://laws.myfootballclub.com.au/ and as it says, the course was developed by Football West and has been made available to the wider officiating community.

The FFSA guy on the phone is a tool (and a fool)!!

Welcome to Football Federation Australia's (FFA's) online Laws of the Game.

FFA greatly appreciates the work done by Football West, with generous support of the Department of Sport and Recreation (WA), to initially create this valuable education tool and then making available to the wider officiating community throughout Australia.

This educational tool, gives you interactive access to the Laws of the Game including videos, workbooks, exams, procedures, interpretations, additional information and details on how to become an officially accredited referee.

Browse through the Laws of the Game immediately or register for a FREE account if you wish to complete the interactive workbook and receive your Laws of the Game Certificate.

This is a FREE online training module which provides a basic introduction to the Laws of the Game and their interpretations. Successful candidates will receive a certificate identifying they have demonstrated awareness in the Laws of the Game, and have the necessary knowledge to attend the Level 4 Junior Referee course.

It is important to recognise that this course does not provide any official accreditation from FFA. To receive this you must also complete the Level 4 course with details found on the Help page.

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

TICK ALL CORRECT ANSWERS

The options are:
Make decisions about fouls that occur out of the view of the Referee
Provide advice to Referees
Treat injured players

thats the answer, it's an absolute bulls**t of a course

brutus01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by brutus01 »

If you dont tell the FFSA that your from the Amateur League, then no problem....more importantly they cant stop anyone doing the course.

In fact these idiots should be supporting anyone and everyone as we join their database to do the course and therefore could potentially become a referee for them! Or worse still, it may make us more knowledgable in the laws of the game.

Isnt that what the FFSA should be promoting, THE GAME!
Come on Carter, do something positive for the game.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

took me like 1 hr to do the course, some of the answers were mind boiggling to say the least, that one mentioned above had me for over 15 mins

Der kaiser
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Der kaiser »

Yeah carter - do something positive for football in this state and quit!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Why cant you ring the SAASL and organize all this? You want assistance from a league you hang shit on (albeit usually warranted :wink: ) all the time?
Ignore this signature

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

I'm doing this course now. Infuriating to say the least. Having to click on Finished then Mark My Work :evil:

muts
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by muts »

provide advice to referees.

FIFA own the laws of the game.
FFA is FIFA affiliated, and FFSA to FFA.
So you're not entitled to use the LOTG.

A bit like Bernie Ecclestone in Formula 1 -
RULE #1: Bernie is in charge
RULE #2: In the event of Bernie being wrong, refer to RULE #1
Athletic Supporter

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

This dispute between the FFSA & the SAASL is putting the game back 10 or more years where it should be today. The iron fist approach adopted by the FFSA is farcical, to the point that Charity games between both Associations are outlawed by the FFSA. With there attempt & failure at a break away Amateur Competition & the attempted break away of a number of there Clubs to form there own League. With the current FFSA Administration I see no solution or improvement of this Game for a number of years to come. Im afraid to say, It's time to go Mr. Carter..

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

This dispute between the FFSA & the SAASL is putting the game back 10 or more years from where it should be today. The iron fist approach adopted by the FFSA is farcical, to the point that Charity games between both Associations are outlawed by the FFSA. With there attempt & failure at a break away Amateur Competition & the attempted break away of a number of there Clubs to form there own League. With the current FFSA Administration I see no solution or improvement of this Game for a number of years to come. Im afraid to say, It's time to go Mr. Carter..

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966