Under 12 and 13 Zone trials

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Hibs seven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Under 12 and 13 Zone trials

Post by Hibs seven »

jamannic wrote:There were some good quality boys that missed out (that shouldn't) and there were many good quality boys who didn't want to trial out. The feedback that I received from these parents was that there were too many issues with the same coaches last year and have lost faith in the whole STIC trials due to a lack of independence.

If they put all of the good quality players together in 1 team then they will be competitive, but if they split all of the players up into the 2 teams, then in my opinion they will struggle at the carnival.
Good point, watched the first carnival last year when all zones had two teams each. In the one team I was watching the goalkeeper was instructed on every occassion to roll/kick the ball out to the full backs, goal keeper was not the best with his feet and the full backs did not have the chance to progress it much further and on most occassions lost possession, opposition forwards were waiting for it every time and just cut the ball off, the result was a few real drubbings and the midfielders and forwards in the team did not get much chance to shine. I know of a few boys who are real quality who were disallusioned and did not even bother to try out this year.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

if the clubs actually nominated the players who actually deserved to be nominated these problems wouldnt occur.... coaches in the west zone have gone out and watched all the players in their games, some that werent nominated have been invited to trial because they have CONSISTENTLY performed better than some that have been nominated....

you will never make everybody happy, but instead of winging these people should put their hands up and show how its meant to be done, they can give up their time VOLUNTEERING to go out and watch the games, go through the trial process, cop all the abuse all for what??? to help the ffsa????

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

Been there , done that, but you get duck shoved by parents who cry to the FFSA & they over rule you.
Coaches get far less support at STIC level than many may think when it comes to selection.
It happens too many times, players that should not be in Skillaroos or STIC above others get in, not on skill but politics.
It won't change so I opted out of it & enjoy my role in football now.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Cabbage Leaf wrote:It happens too many times, players that should not be in Skillaroos or STIC above others get in, not on skill but politics.
Seeing Skillaroos is only in its 2nd year, which players have been selected not on skill ?

I assume you would know who all the players are, and their abilities ?
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Željko Jurin wrote:
Cabbage Leaf wrote:It happens too many times, players that should not be in Skillaroos or STIC above others get in, not on skill but politics.
Seeing Skillaroos is only in its 2nd year, which players have been selected not on skill ?

I assume you would know who all the players are, and their abilities ?
Don't waste your time Željko, whatever you say or write will be dragged down by bitter people, along with the kids trying to play the game.

jamannic
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jamannic »

Rossonero you said that the West STIC coaches come out to watch games, I'm not sure what age group you are referring to but I can assure you that the 2 U12 STIC coaches have not been to any of our U12 games this year.

Considering 3 of the players still left in the STIC squad are playing U12 JSL (not JPL as they are not good enough at their club), another plays for Adel City, another plays for Para Hills and then there are a few playing up in U13's, I doubt very much that they go to watch.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

jammanic its under 12 for god's sakes...UNDER 12s
most of them are still 11 years old...let the kids enjoy themselves....is it so vital for the parents to have their 12 yr old kids into the zone teams.... all this crap is getting more ridiculous by the day...

i think we should have parents trialling for stics rather than the players...

kamikaze
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kamikaze »

rossonero wrote:jammanic its under 12 for god's sakes...UNDER 12s
most of them are still 11 years old...let the kids enjoy themselves....is it so vital for the parents to have their 12 yr old kids into the zone teams.... all this crap is getting more ridiculous by the day...

i think we should have parents trialling for stics rather than the players...

well said ! im sure i saw parents at stic more nervous than the kids .

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

no joke 2 yrs ago i heard parents getting pissed off and the coach for playing their son out of position and some other getting annoyed at the poor results they got in the tournament based on the team they had on paper.....this was at under 12s level...
NOTHING HAS CHANGED

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Can someone explain something to me please;

2011 U13 skillaroos are now U14 and playing where now?

Where they all dumped and returned to their clubs or a club?

winning feeling
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by winning feeling »

AL K HOLIC wrote:Can someone explain something to me please;

Some have been dropped but most are still in the U14 Development squad with Elvis

They play before NTC and play for there club on Sundays

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

They never left their clubs in the first place ....
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Željko Jurin wrote:

OK so only this year the full attendance was enforced.

So that leads me to the U13s/U14s trialling now, what are they trialling for? Are we going to have an U14NTC in the U15A and a U15NTC team in U16A in 2013?

Are clubs going to lose these players also next year?

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

AL K HOLIC wrote:
Željko Jurin wrote:

OK so only this year the full attendance was enforced.

So that leads me to the U13s/U14s trialling now, what are they trialling for? Are we going to have an U14NTC in the U15A and a U15NTC team in U16A in 2013?

Are clubs going to lose these players also next year?
Watch this space.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

If I am a parent can I find out from coaches or will they be told watch this space?

Should club coaches know so when their players ask they have answers?

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

AL K HOLIC wrote:If I am a parent can I find out from coaches or will they be told watch this space?

There is already an U14 "State" programme under Elvis in place.
U15s? we will all find out in due course....last year U14 STIC were showcasing their talent in the
hope of getting an early call up to SASI (NTC).

Who cares what it leads to....enjoy the fact they were selected in a representative side.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Cruyff
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cruyff »

Big Mac wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:If I am a parent can I find out from coaches or will they be told watch this space?

There is already an U14 "State" programme under Elvis in place.
U15s? we will all find out in due course....last year U14 STIC were showcasing their talent in the
hope of getting an early call up to SASI (NTC).

Who cares what it leads to....enjoy the fact they were selected in a representative side.
Next year will be a complete new program. No longer will there be U/16 or U/17 boys in the old SASI new NTC program, this is the last year for 96 and 97 born kids. From 2013 the program will cater for boys born 98 and later, the U/14 State team will make up the core of the team. Its a whole new approach from the FFA.
The boys currently in the SASI/NTC squad have their last opportunity to be chosen for the 2013 U/17 World Cup and AIS selection over the next few months, with Asian qualifiers and trials for AIS in Canberra.
Good luck to all the boys concerned.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/new ... ship/47285