Junior FFSA player can/can't register for Senior SAASL too?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bhos0344
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Junior FFSA player can/can't register for Senior SAASL too?

Post by bhos0344 »

Hi all,

Just wondering if its legal to be registered under both FFSA and SAASL for the one season.

FFSA = Junior soccer (JPL)
SAASL = Senior soccer (obvioulsy playing in a lower quality division... eg. saturday div 4)

Regards

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Junior FFSA player can/can't register for Senior SAASL t

Post by themessenger »

bhos0344 wrote:Hi all,

Just wondering if its legal to be registered under both FFSA and SAASL for the one season.

SAASL = Senior soccer (obvioulsy playing in a lower quality division... eg. saturday div 4)

Regards
An FFSA registered junior player cannot also play for an EDJSA club, so unlikely that the FFSA would permit a dual registeration with an SAASL club. Although I don't know that it specifically states that in any FFSA rule book.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

saasl does not permit dual registration, so no, especially as its a ffsa comp
ImageImage

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

if you know a junior FFSA player that you think is ready to play seniors in the SAASL can you let me know his name and where he plays.. id love to go have a look and see him play!!!
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

fowler_23 wrote:if you know a junior FFSA player that you think is ready to play seniors in the SAASL can you let me know his name and where he plays.. id love to go have a look and see him play!!!
Stitch Jnr is eligible (but not registered) to play FFSA U17s, had an OK run with BOSA B's last Saturday.
Time for some righteous indignation

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

themessenger wrote:
bhos0344 wrote:Hi all,

Regards
An FFSA registered junior player cannot also play for an EDJSA club, so unlikely that the FFSA would permit a dual registeration with an SAASL club. Although I don't know that it specifically states that in any FFSA rule book.
Correct. Simply put, if you register with the FFSA then you can't play SAASL and if you register with the SAASL then you can't play FFSA

Hetro Metro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hetro Metro »

I looked into this before, FFSA do not recognise SAASL so he can play in the amateurs without affecting the FFSA results.

It is the SAASL that do not allow players from the FFSA, if somehow caught playing in both the amateur team loses points.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

fowler_23 wrote:if you know a junior FFSA player that you think is ready to play seniors in the SAASL can you let me know his name and where he plays.. id love to go have a look and see him play!!!
Looks like you've got your wish. It would appear both Grove and Gardens fielded 16 years olds in their A line-ups on Sunday. Don't know which pathway Brendan McConnell (Gardens) took, but Gaje Ferdinand (Grove) was playing Modbury Fed juniors last year. Interestingly both scored in the game.
Time for some righteous indignation

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Brendan Mc Connell has dual registration with the SAASL & E&D.
He is a product of the Gardens Junior development program Danny Powel (the GWEET) has coached Brendan since he was 5 or 6 & would've been so Proud to watch Brendan bag a double on debut...
The Gardens has 5 or 6 Juniors on the verge of Senior debuts...

Junior Football Pathways ...

WATCH THIS SPACE!

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Stitch This wrote:
Looks like you've got your wish. It would appear both Grove and Gardens fielded 16 years olds in their A line-ups on Sunday. Don't know which pathway Brendan McConnell (Gardens) took, but Gaje Ferdinand (Grove) was playing Modbury Fed juniors last year. Interestingly both scored in the game.

also had a year at Modbury , played under 15s, a good player and went back to Gardens after only one season in Feds.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Massive credit to these young lads. Playing div1 Sunday at the age of 16 is a terrific effort.

After seeing a number of Fed reserve players join amateurs but not really cut the mustard I didn't use to think that many people under the age of twenty were physically tough enough. However, in the last couple of seasons we seem to see coaches giving young lads a crack. This includes A Lindsey and Braedan G (both hard as nails) at the Downs. These young guys are starting and starring in an awesome squad as well as keeping older, more experienced players out who have already made quite a name for themselves.

We have had two eighteen year olds play there debuts in the last two weeks- it is great to see.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Fully Agree...
Full credit to these 16yr olds stepping up to Div.1 Sunday Men's Football, it would defiantly be up there as one of the most Physical Football Competions in this State.

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

KING NUGGETT wrote:Fully Agree...
Full credit to these 16yr olds stepping up to Div.1 Sunday Men's Football, it would defiantly be up there as one of the most Physical Football Competions in this State.
BUT I hope clubs encourage the kids to better themselves and leave for higher honors if thats what they desire!

Nathan Day - Played for Inter whilst doing year 12 BUT returned to a very succesful Federation and NSL career and now has returned to the SAASL.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Left Right Out wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:Fully Agree...
BUT I hope clubs encourage the kids to better themselves and leave for higher honors if thats what they desire!

Nathan Day - Played for Inter whilst doing year 12 BUT returned to a very succesful Federation and NSL career and now has returned to the SAASL.
Allan Mottram, Andrew Thompson, Andy Hutchins are others for the Downs...started as 15-16 year olds....went to Federation.....returned back to the Downs.
My brother David also started in goal for Downs A's at 16 and went on to play Federation.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

leo64
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by leo64 »

Yes great to see 16 yr olds scoring and playing well. Can only be good for our game. 16yr old played Immanuel As and scored today as well. Hopefully a good trend.