National Training Centre (NTC)

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: National Training Centre (NTC)

Post by rossonero »

luckily you have no idea mate....

players that werent nominated have been asked to trial after they have been seen during their games
as for only selecting players from 3 clubs

1 pt lion
1 western strikers
4 west adelaide
4 toros
5 comets
1 croydon
3 white city
1 olympic

that makes it 8 clubs not 3

twm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by twm »

i'm confused - what have all these most recent posts got to do with the subject post :?: as far as I knew the NTC has nothing to do with Zone trials

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

rossonero wrote:luckily you have no idea mate....

players that werent nominated have been asked to trial after they have been seen during their games

1 pt lion
1 western strikers
4 west adelaide
4 toros
5 comets
1 croydon
3 white city
1 olympic

Obviously one of the 3 coaches helping, you know alot of whats going on ....
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Željko Jurin wrote:

1 pt lion
1 western strikers
4 west adelaide
4 toros
5 comets
1 croydon
3 white city
1 olympic

and I have no idea?

3 coaches can see 8 games, it was sarcasm that 3 coaches could possibly not see all players in the short time that noms close, therefore the sarcasm was that luckily they all played for 3 teams to allow this.

Doesn't Drago coach on Sunday who kick off the same time as the 14s? does he have a time machine?

I can assure you that players who turned up were not all asked to and just did, cos they play in my nephews side and were not nominated or asked and just turned up.

I sure hope he isn't ZJ.

No Adelaide City players? No PH players? come on surely not.
Last edited by AL K HOLIC on Fri May 11, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

nope!
i have seen their trainings, have seen the players that have been cut and walked out of the changeroom, and have seen the final 20 players that trained last monday... i know the players really well.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

AL K HOLIC wrote:
I sure hope he isn't ZJ.
Whats that supposed to mean, I thought we were mates ......

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

as far as i know one of the coaches finishes his games at 10am and has PPLLEEENNNTTTYYY of time to go and watch the games
also during orthodox easter white city didnt play any games, the coaches went to watch the other teams playing
some under 14 games have kicked off at 8.45am so it gave one of the coaches a chance to go watch more games....

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

No Adelaide City players? No PH players? come on surely not.[/quote]

not sure what you mean here

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

AL K HOLIC wrote:
Željko Jurin wrote:

1 pt lion
1 western strikers
4 west adelaide
4 toros
5 comets
1 croydon
3 white city
1 olympic

and I have no idea?

3 coaches can see 8 games, it was sarcasm that 3 coaches could possibly not see all players in the short time that noms close, therefore the sarcasm was that luckily they all played for 3 teams to allow this.

Doesn't Drago coach on Sunday who kick off the same time as the 14s? does he have a time machine?

I can assure you that players who turned up were not all asked to and just did, cos they play in my nephews side and were not nominated or asked and just turned up.

I sure hope he isn't ZJ.

No Adelaide City players? No PH players? come on surely not.
I am sure most of AC & PH players who get chosen will be in East and North zones....you are always having a sly crack at someone aren't you?
By the way those boys from AC & PH (if any) would have been eligible to trial in West zone I am sure.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

ALKAHOLIC must be agent for all the players nominated in the west zone... he knows everything about everyone....
so what does your cousin's uncles bother n law's brother think about the nominations and trial process???
please put your hand up for next season since you seem to know more than alagich, andrioli, drago or mourinho and decicate your time to do it the perfect way....
then i can come on here judge your work....

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Do you have Mourinho in the west ?

Cruyff
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cruyff »

rossonero wrote:ALKAHOLIC must be agent for all the players nominated in the west zone... he knows everything about everyone....
so what does your cousin's uncles bother n law's brother think about the nominations and trial process???
please put your hand up for next season since you seem to know more than alagich, andrioli, drago or mourinho and decicate your time to do it the perfect way....
then i can come on here judge your work....
Rossenero, do you coach at White City maybe U/15's and assist Drago in the west zone ? No reason for asking just trying to put a face to the conversation.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

no im not that guy....
im just a parent that knows nothing about soccer and just comes on here from time to time and comment on the system and coaching abilities because i know how to type....

i know the guys well and i believe they have been fair and have gone out of their way to make sure the right players were selected, something that many other stic coaches didnt do...

at the end of the day the ffsa have received complaints for every single coach in the stics...what does that tell you????

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Željko Jurin wrote:Do you have Mourinho in the west ?
:lol: no but we have lots of mourinho's sitting on the stands watching the stics trials...

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Željko Jurin wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:
I sure hope he isn't ZJ.
That is sooooooo! funny....isn't it Drago!!!! :P :lol:

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Željko Jurin wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:
I sure hope he isn't ZJ.

I meant i sure hope rosse isn't a 1 of 3 coach

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

why can't we ask what if we did this or that, or are we doing it right or can we do it better, all i'm asking is 1 or 2 sessions enough to say sorry your not good enough?

Can a coach really see what one has to offer after 3 sessions and then take another after one?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

AL K HOLIC wrote:why can't we ask what if we did this or that, or are we doing it right or can we do it better, all i'm asking is 1 or 2 sessions enough to say sorry your not good enough?

Can a coach really see what one has to offer after 3 sessions and then take another after one?
whats there to ask??? people will always be upset especially after their kids werent picked...

yes ross is one of drago's assistants, hes got no idea either.

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

Rossonero, i thought the whole idea with the stics is for football skills talent identification, in the dark ages was when players were chosen on if you were bigger, faster, stronger, everything the ffa and the ffa do not want players selected on, speak to Richie, Tony V, or Michael Mattric. and they will clarify what players they look for. Whether or not the players you coach will win all there games because of fittness or who runs fast is irelevent, how your team performs playing the 4-3-3 possession style of football, building up from the back is what will be judged,like i said before give me a team full of smart ball players any day over 11 fast fit quick players,( based on what you looked for at trials) again why the ffsa would entrust someone who marches to the beat of his own drum is a worrie, hopefully common sense prevails.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Wise i agree with you mate,
i have never said that they will win the tournament, its not even a tournament as theres no points in it.....
we are debating the same thing....
all im trying to say is that you should test everything that is needed for the modern game.....speed, technique, game awareness etc...

if you have 50 players to pick from surely you eliminate straight away the ones with poor skill and technique...
if you have 30 left and theyre are all as skillfull, do you then eliminate the ones that are slower and have a low workrate????
i believe thats the right thing to do, which is the same thing that andrioli said at a coaching session.....but if im wrong maybe i should give up coaching....

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

No worries, explanation understood.

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

rossonero wrote: at the end of the day the ffsa have received complaints for every single coach in the stics...what does that tell you????
That you talk cabernet because that statement is totally false, why do you feel the need to post rubbish?
It just makes us all question everything else you post
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Anyone know any skillful uncoordinated players ?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

zelks as a matter of fact i did see one today (wont mention what club or age group)

there was a player warming up at half time juggling, doing tricks etc (thinking this guy was going to rip when he comes on)
he was hopeless....he had a very poor running technique and had no idea of what do do with the ball everytime he received it.....
can this be classified as a skillful uncoordinated???

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

i heard he was super fit and only 2 weeks into a 4 week skills course, give it time

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

he was superfit for 20 mins, then he stopped moving at all....
i guess he had the skill but lacked in all other departments, but according to some skill is all u need :lol:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

rossonero wrote:zelks as a matter of fact i did see one today (wont mention what club or age group)

there was a player warming up at half time juggling, doing tricks etc (thinking this guy was going to rip when he comes on)
he was hopeless....he had a very poor running technique and had no idea of what do do with the ball everytime he received it.....
can this be classified as a skillful uncoordinated???
So juggling and doing tricks is classified as skillful ? I haven't seen any dolphins making it yet ....

Rossy, this is that 5% I was talking about ..... hopefully your old man doesn't read some of your stuff, he would pull you by the ears ....

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

zelks you have nearly opened another discussion about skill and executing it with correct technique but i seriously cant be stuffed anymore....

barchetta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by barchetta »

My son has been playing the game for a while so we've been involved with it in some capacity for five years or so (Team Manager and other roles) He has played SAPSASA, in two different associations and has won league medals and numerous cups (including Adelaide competition). He has played indoor and also been successful in winning comps, more than once. Even though we've had this exposure, I'm still lost as to all of these different and new competitions. Assuming these programs have been running for a while where I expect thousands of kids have been involved. How many of them have succeeded in gaining positions in; A-League, international clubs, anywhere outside of Adelaide. I know there are a few but those boys haven't event played in regional teams or state. I know it's hard to quantify and I don't expect the reader to answer this but who can? A few years ago I believe Skillaroos had a predecessor (perhaps Adelaide United links). What happened to that program?

Not criticizing Skillaroos, the concept is good. These boys have good skills, even though many have not been picked with regard to their ability and commitment to play using both feet.

Teams are committed to present players for a number of these programs. Why? All being equal, surely any child should be given the opportunity to try out.