Round 6

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

pc9999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Round 6

Post by pc9999 »

Reserves
uni 2 cumby 0
great effort by both
both sides were working their arses off

well done no one was ever out of it nor did the girls stop working
kudoes to cumby coach too

OISC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Round 6

Post by OISC »

WCL - Round 6 – Final Result
Sunday May 13
OISC Women v Adelaide Uni Grey 8:0
OISC Goals: A.Panagakos 3; G.Bateman; L.Contos; R.Varricchio; N.Kapnistis; TOG

volim te futbal
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by volim te futbal »

Prems
Toros vs Fulham
2-5

batumgoesthedynamite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by batumgoesthedynamite »

Heard fulham had a player sent off in reserves and she wasn't in the team sheet!
big mistake there
surely they forfeit the game and lose the points, seeming that's what happened with ad uni prems vs metro.

cg1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cg1 »

pinkyellowblue wrote:Heard fulham had a player sent off in reserves and she wasn't in the team sheet!
big mistake there
surely they forfeit the game and lose the points, seeming that's what happened with ad uni prems vs metro.
Actually I heard Uni have had that decision overturned with an appeal!
Seems hard to fathom the rules are quite clear and as I read black & white.
I hadn't even seen in the rules that you could appeal such a clear cut decision.
I can't imagine an appeal would get anywhere for the same error in the Men's league, be interested to hear the reasons if its has been overturned.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

cg1 wrote:
pinkyellowblue wrote:Heard fulham had a player sent off in reserves and she wasn't in the team sheet!
big mistake there
I hadn't even seen in the rules that you could appeal such a clear cut decision.
I can't imagine an appeal would get anywhere for the same error in the Men's league, be interested to hear the reasons if its has been overturned.
Your joking right??? What a farce. The rule and penalty is black & white. If true, sets a very dangerous precedence that u can break any rule as long a's u have a 'good' excuse. Like u said, wouldn't happen in the men. This decision further diminishes the credibility of the game.

southern
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by southern »

Can't be true. Or can it?
Seriously though, the rule is so clear that if this is the case there's a lot of explaining to do from FFSA...Clubs won't like this as they never know where FFSA stands with its own rules. And because the Uni coach is an old "friend" of those in FFSA I can only imagine ppl being pi$$ed off by the double standards...Hope this is not it, because the league was going quite well I thought and FFSA really don't need to make any crazy decision right now. Just saying.

go ahead
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by go ahead »

Prems:
Flinders 2 v Sturt 1
Toros 2 v Fulham 5
Adelaide Uni 2 v Cumberland 1
Adelaide City 4 v FFSA 0
MUWFC 3 v PH Knights 2

Reserves:
Flinders 2 v Adelaide Hills 4
Toros 1 v Fulham 3
Adelaide Uni 2 v Cumberland 0
MUWFC 9 v PH Knights 1

Div 1:
MUWFC 1 v Salisbury Inter 3

southern
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by southern »

Like I said, the league is going quite well. Great results by PH vs current champion Metro and 1st win for Flames in the PL! Congratulations! let's hope FFSA stay out of it and just apply the rules as they are. :roll: Uni remain hot favs even without help from the federation...Especially since MJ went to Europe.

pc9999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc9999 »

Bad Egg wrote:....... Uni remain hot favs even without help from the federation...Especially since MJ went to Europe.
How so?
Given city beat them, they are good but hey todays game was close too we've all seen slipups during the season gonna watch the outcome of major one tonight.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

After 6 rounds I think Metro, City and Fulham will be the 3 teams taking it down to the wire to win the league

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

So if I get sent off ..and appeal that I was having a bad day or under stress.. i'll be available for selection the following week based on the team sheet appeal! Excellent..
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

beaches
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by beaches »

I am sure that if Fulham have breached the rules in the reserves, they will accept the penalty.

Like many I have utmost respect for MJ, and sure she will be missed, but sell the rest of the Fulham players short at your own peril. I am sure they will remain positive as a group / team. GO FOR IT TEAM.

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

Adelaide City Results
Premier vs FFSA U15/16 4-0
Reserves vs BYE
Division 1 vs Munno Para 3-5
Under 17 vs Para Hills United 9-0
Under 15 (Red) vs Fulham United 5-1
Under 15 (Purple) vs Para Hills Knights 0-0
Under 13 vs Cumberland 0-7

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

Would be good if you could provide proof, who did you hear this from?
Results on sporting pulse still have Metro winning 3-0
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

cg1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cg1 »

M@rvin wrote:Actually I heard Uni have had that decision overturned with an appeal!

an impeccably reliable source.
Besides if it was incorrect I think you'd find Uni would have been on here long ago denying the appeal and reversal of the points.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

cg1 wrote:
M@rvin wrote:Actually I heard Uni have had that decision overturned with an appeal!

an impeccably reliable source.
Besides if it was incorrect I think you'd find Uni would have been on here long ago denying the appeal and reversal of the points.
Have confirmed that is official ... Uni have won the 3 points back on appeal.

Not sure on what grounds they won it.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

beaches wrote:I am sure that if Fulham have breached the rules in the reserves, they will accept the penalty.

Like many I have utmost respect for MJ, and sure she will be missed, but sell the rest of the Fulham players short at your own peril. I am sure they will remain positive as a group / team. GO FOR IT TEAM.
Beaches, if I was Fulham, I wouldn't 'accept the penalty', if you actually did make a mistake.

The precedence has now been set ... you can break the rules (deliberate or not) and get away with it, provided you come up with a good enough excuse.

Stirling in Div 1 should also now consider appealing their penalty against Adelaide City. Not that I think thats right, but effectively a club can challenge any rule now, or so it seems.

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

Totally agree. Basically, they (FFSA) have to get rid of this team sheet rule now as it doesn't stand at all. Not sure what was the reason for the appeal (but can you even appeal when it's clear that a black/white rule was broken? It's in writing on the team sheet!!!) but surely every team can now come up with an excuse for everything.

This is going to make the game a total joke - the Uni coach should totally come up and say "No thanks" and show some respect for the rules of the game but maybe it's true what people say about Adelaide Uni. :oops:

Funny how someone on here was asking "Wonder why ppl have issues with uni, they are such a kind club" :lol:
Uni are looking very bad IMO. Incompetent, unprofessional, bad sports, disrespectful and greedy. What a great advertisement, I bet it's not the same things that players get told when poached to join the "best club" that will help you "to make W League" :lol: GO HOME!

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Easy Tiger wrote:Totally agree. Basically, they (FFSA) have to get rid of this team sheet rule now as it doesn't stand at all. Not sure what was the reason for the appeal (but can you even appeal when it's clear that a black/white rule was broken? It's in writing on the team sheet!!!) but surely every team can now come up with an excuse for everything.

This is going to make the game a total joke - the Uni coach should totally come up and say "No thanks" and show some respect for the rules of the game but maybe it's true what people say about Adelaide Uni. :oops:

Funny how someone on here was asking "Wonder why ppl have issues with uni, they are such a kind club" :lol:
Uni are looking very bad IMO. Incompetent, unprofessional, bad sports, disrespectful and greedy. What a great advertisement, I bet it's not the same things that players get told when poached to join the "best club" that will help you "to make W League" :lol: GO HOME!
I think the only joke here is you - rather than talk about the standard of games this is basically the only conversation happening on this forum and you're just perpetuating it.

I have no idea what most games are like because people would rather come on here and talk about teamsheets than the tactics of teams, how a coach here is doing wonders with xyz, or how this player scored an awesome goal, etc. I think the only positive thing on here was the congrats to Flinders on their first Prems win.

I don't follow the game to discuss by-laws and take satisfaction from watching a team docked points because of errors they made. I follow the game to watch it progress, which it never will as long as these conversations take up the valuable energy and time of officials, coaches and players.

And people blame the FFSA for taking the game backwards. It's everyone's fault :roll:

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
Easy Tiger wrote:Totally agree. Basically, they (FFSA) have to get rid of this team sheet rule now as it doesn't stand at all. Not sure what was the reason for the appeal (but can you even appeal when it's clear that a black/white rule was broken? It's in writing on the team sheet!!!) but surely every team can now come up with an excuse for everything.

I think the only joke here is you - rather than talk about the standard of games this is basically the only conversation happening on this forum and you're just perpetuating it.

I have no idea what most games are like because people would rather come on here and talk about teamsheets than the tactics of teams, how a coach here is doing wonders with xyz, or how this player scored an awesome goal, etc. I think the only positive thing on here was the congrats to Flinders on their first Prems win.

I don't follow the game to discuss by-laws and take satisfaction from watching a team docked points because of errors they made. I follow the game to watch it progress, which it never will as long as these conversations take up the valuable energy and time of officials, coaches and players.

And people blame the FFSA for taking the game backwards. It's everyone's fault :roll:
Thanks for the personal attack LL, that makes you and your club look real good.
Let's talk about games and tactics then: one beats another team with 4 good goals and deserves to win on the park, but guess what! One of those goals is scored by someone who is not even on the team sheets and so does not exist for the sake of that game...so when everyone finds out the game is forfeited as it's in the rules of the game, but then the team remembers that they are the best in the state for the famous "Poach 'n' Steal 'n' Brag tactic" and get their points back on appeal. The bottom line is that you may outplay some other team but you have to do it within the rules of the game!!! And, mind you LL, I could say a lot of personal things here about you but I won't because you don't need any help to look like a total tool.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Instead of complaining about team sheets, how about losing teams accept they were not good enough on the day?

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

No one is saying that Uni were not the better team on the day!
They are by far the best team on paper this year and so it's normal that they show it on game day...but this doesn't mean that you can disregard the rules!!!

Winning outside the rules = cheating.
Winning outside the rules even if you deserve it = still cheating.

Metro lost but didn't cheat, it's not their fault if the rules say that a team playing an unregistered player must forfeit the game!

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Easy Tiger wrote:No one is saying that Uni were not the better team on the day!
They are by far the best team on paper this year and so it's normal that they show it on game day...but this doesn't mean that you can disregard the rules!!!

Metro lost but didn't cheat, it's not their fault if the rules say that a team playing an unregistered player must forfeit the game!
Summed up quite nicely.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

If the player is not registered fair enough, if they are and it was an honest mistake...move on with it I think.

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

Red-4-Life wrote:

If the player is not registered fair enough, if they are and it was an honest mistake...move on with it I think.
Come on RfL!!! Can't believe you are not getting it!
It's NOT ABOUT WHAT WE MAY THINK, IT'S ABOUT THE RULES!!!
:lol:

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Red-4-Life wrote:

but who's to judge if it was 'honest'??? and how do you prove it??? hence the rule is black and white and designed not to be open to interpretation. You transgress, you forfeit. Its a well established, long standing rule applied throughout the FIFA associated members. By allowing clemency in this case, you open up a dangerous precedence for any rule that is clearly broken (lets note here that there is no debate that a rule was broken) to be appealed. How can you have certainty in a game, when anything is open to being overturned if a club lodges an appeal, when its beyond doubt the rule was broken???