LFC welcomes Brendan Rodgers.

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: LFC welcomes Brendan Rodgers.

Post by The Kop »

Chaos wrote:
The Kop wrote:Satisfied with the appointment. Has good style and proved at Swansea he can setup a team , looks like a good tactical coach.
Roy was in the same position when he was hired. Took Fulham to the highest ever finishing position in their history, on a shoestring budget (compared to the bigger clubs) still got results.
So you lads have finally realized you are and will be a mid table side for some time to come then?
Is weak attempt at troll or for real?
Hodgson and Rodgers are at absolute polar opposites of the coaching spectrum.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Litmanen wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:
robinfriday10 wrote:good appointment. Swansea played tried to play good football this year and he sticks to those philosophies they may slowly climb back. biggest problem he may face is can liverpools current crop of players play to that style??
Swansea played the CHAMPIONS off the park at swansea this year, unlike those scrubbers down the road :lol: :lol:
No, the biggest problem he's going to face is that he's replacing Kenny Dalglish. The fans (as bad as it is) are going to be on his back from the very start. He's got no room for error at the beginning unfortunately.

I think the biggest player issues he'll have will be Carragher Maxi and Adam. I think pretty much every other Pool player can play the ball around well, I reckon Stevie G a bit deeper with Lucas, a CAM, and you'll finish higher than you did last year.

Downing and Carroll to come good this year.
Maxi is made for the kind of football Rodgers likes, but only if he's played in a three man midfield like he has with Argentina. Rodgers favours pace on the flanks, meaning the only chance Maxi has of staying is if he plays him through the middle.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

The Kop wrote:
Chaos wrote:
The Kop wrote:Satisfied with the appointment. Has good style and proved at Swansea he can setup a team , looks like a good tactical coach.
Roy was in the same position when he was hired. Took Fulham to the highest ever finishing position in their history, on a shoestring budget (compared to the bigger clubs) still got results.
So you lads have finally realized you are and will be a mid table side for some time to come then?
Unfortunately I think he's serious. Poor lad.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

mushrow
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mushrow »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:Could be a shrewd appointment, could be a trainwreck. Here's hoping it's not the latter.
What about him being right in the middle, as in mid table? :wink:
Dixie Dean was hailed by another Mersey legend, Liverpool’s Bill Shankly, as “belonging in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Rembrandt and Shakespeare.”

60 goals, never to be equalled.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

mushrow wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:Could be a shrewd appointment, could be a trainwreck. Here's hoping it's not the latter.
What about him being right in the middle, as in mid table? :wink:
Sorry, that's close enough to a train wreck for me.

(Kenny won a cup and got to the final of another, before you mention his 8th place finish)

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
The Kop wrote:
Chaos wrote:Roy was in the same position when he was hired. Took Fulham to the highest ever finishing position in their history, on a shoestring budget (compared to the bigger clubs) still got results.
*swoosh* :lol:
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Chaos wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:
The Kop wrote: Is weak attempt at troll or for real?
*swoosh* :lol:
*pretends to be trolling*

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Del Boca Vista wrote:he is still a British manager..
No he's not!
Another EPL team with a foreign manager
still don't care less though and there still the same amount anyway.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

my tip is he'll last half a season as we struggle mid-table once again. It is easy for a new manager to make so many promises

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Red-4-Life wrote:my tip is he'll last half a season as we struggle mid-table once again. It is easy for a new manager to make so many promises
:lol: Way to go Captain Positive
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:my tip is he'll last half a season as we struggle mid-table once again. It is easy for a new manager to make so many promises
Tbf, it's better than seeing him tip us for the title year after year. :oops:

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about the new manager -
except Stevie G that is
if he is not placated he will soon have the Kop baying for blood

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Tbf, it's better than seeing him tip us for the title year after year. :oops:
its much more realistic.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

vertu1 wrote:doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about the new manager -
except Stevie G that is

For a hammers man you seem to take a keen interest in every LFC related topic. Still bitter after 6 years it seems...

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

The Kop wrote:
except Stevie G that is

For a hammers man you seem to take a keen interest in every LFC related topic. Still bitter after 6 years it seems...
yes i do have a keen interest in LFC but not because of a lost FA cup final , great game that it was btw
i am a hammers fan , i know my place in the order of things.. there is no expectation of doing well therefore it is not a calamity when we don't , unlike some clubs....

no , my interest in LFC is a product of growing up in the 70's and 80's surrounded by LFC fans and their endless gloating about winning everything ,everyone barracked for them or so it seemed,, all my mates anyway, and well , they won a lot .. so there was a lot of gloating
as much as people have supported them since childhood, i have unsupported them since childhood
so no , there is no real bitterness, just a contrary view

i understand that may seem odd , it is what it is i guess

so anyway, doesn't SG run the dressing room at Anfield and have influence on the Kop?
i would have thought it is a valid point
if he doesn't approve of the manager then the guy is going to find it tough

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

[quote="vertu]
i am a hammers fan , i know my place in the order of things.. there is no expectation of doing well therefore it is not a calamity when we don't hem or so it seemed,, [/quote]

Truly laughable. Still love the picture of the grown man in a replica shirt crying his eyes out on relegation. To say there is no expectation as the scum is laughable. You're as bas as leeds for thinking you're a big club.

No shiraz off you dirty west ham northern champagne!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

God is an Englishman wrote: No shiraz off, I'm a dirty champagne!

corrected it for you!
:wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

marado wrote:

corrected it for you!
At least you took out the northern, that's the most insulting word.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

vertu1 wrote:
The Kop wrote:
except Stevie G that is

yes i do have a keen interest in LFC but not because of a lost FA cup final , great game that it was btw
i am a hammers fan , i know my place in the order of things.. there is no expectation of doing well therefore it is not a calamity when we don't , unlike some clubs....

no , my interest in LFC is a product of growing up in the 70's and 80's surrounded by LFC fans and their endless gloating about winning everything ,everyone barracked for them or so it seemed,, all my mates anyway, and well , they won a lot .. so there was a lot of gloating
as much as people have supported them since childhood, i have unsupported them since childhood

so anyway, doesn't SG run the dressing room at Anfield and have influence on the Kop?
Fair enough.

Well of course he has clout – club captain, played at LFC all his career, had a big hand in all of our trophies, given the fans some great moments. This is not a mutually exclusive thing to SG and Liverpool managers. But I think it’s overstated anyway, he’s not a extraverted character and he approved of Roy and we gave him the muscat after 6 months. But find me a club in the world where long-standing players don’t have influence and they’re all lemmings that fall into place. Current Champions League winners spring to mind immediately.

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

vertu1 wrote:
The Kop wrote:
except Stevie G that is

The same for me, except in the 00's. The LFC fans and their endless gloating about winning everything in the 70's and 80's..........

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

marado wrote:

corrected it for you!
At least you took out the northern, that's the most insulting word.
giae , i guess you must you really need a response so i will adjust my post for you
I have no expectation of doing well therefore it is not a calamity for me when we don't , unlike some clubs....

i am sure that some grown hammers fans are devastated when we go down so you have nothing to worry about , there will always be plenty of images to satiate that bullschit WHU Millwall hatred crap that you hang onto
just not from me , it just doesn't matter that much to me , i have no sense of that rivalry
I grew up in the east end of Elizabeth , not the east end of London
keep trying though , A for effort .. no actually, you only get a B for the last effort...i think you can do better if you apply yourself

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Litmanen wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:
robinfriday10 wrote:good appointment. Swansea played tried to play good football this year and he sticks to those philosophies they may slowly climb back. biggest problem he may face is can liverpools current crop of players play to that style??
Swansea played the CHAMPIONS off the park at swansea this year, unlike those scrubbers down the road :lol: :lol:
No, the biggest problem he's going to face is that he's replacing Kenny Dalglish. The fans (as bad as it is) are going to be on his back from the very start. He's got no room for error at the beginning unfortunately.

I think the biggest player issues he'll have will be Carragher Maxi and Adam. I think pretty much every other Pool player can play the ball around well, I reckon Stevie G a bit deeper with Lucas, a CAM, and you'll finish higher than you did last year.

Downing and Carroll to come good this year.

Actually they will probably fit in well with his tactics as all of them previously played for clubs that played attacking and passing football.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

vertu1 wrote:giae , i guess you must you really need a response so i will adjust my post for you
I have no expectation of doing well therefore it is not a calamity for me when we don't , unlike some clubs....

i am sure that some grown hammers fans are devastated when we go down so you have nothing to worry about , there will always be plenty of images to satiate that bullschit WHU Millwall hatred crap that you hang onto
just not from me , it just doesn't matter that much to me , i have no sense of that rivalry
keep trying though , A for effort .. no actually, you only get a B for the last effort...i think you can do better if you apply yourself
a west ham fan that doesn't care about the rivalry with Millwall :lol:

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Can you really call it a rivalry when we only play each other 6 times in a decade because you're too shiraz to be in the same league as us :lol:

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

vertu1 wrote:giae , i guess you must you really need a response so i will adjust my post for you

you know what is funnier (and sadder) a person who is so entrenched in petty hatred that he thinks that is funny
you really carry a lot of schitt around with you .. life is too short ..

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

pernunz wrote:Can you really call it a rivalry when we only play each other 6 times in a decade because you're too shiraz to be in the same league as us :lol:
6?? I almost feel sorry for you such is the lack of knowledge in your own team. Try chelsea or man city, maybe you're knowledge on them is better.

If you'd ever watched your team (let alone when they played Millwall) you would know how big the rivalry is.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

vertu1 wrote:

you know what is funnier (and sadder) a person who is so entrenched in petty hatred that he thinks that is funny
you really carry a lot of schitt around with you .. life is too short ..
just like the other bloke, you're obviously not a west ham supporter. Go away and speak to the blokes who actually support the club you claim to and ask them about it.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

He spoke excellently in his first press conference. Seemed to really put his foot down in regards to the Director of Football question as well.

Promising signs so far.

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

Good luck 'Pool, you might need it, especially after you do what Chelsea did to AVB with 2 months to go in 2013 season.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Cabbage Leaf wrote:Good luck 'Pool, you might need it, especially after you do what Chelsea did to AVB with 2 months to go in 2013 season.
So we're gonna win the FA Cup and Europa League? Sweet.