3/6/12 junior results

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

football_lad1234
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

3/6/12 junior results

Post by football_lad1234 »

Post results!

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: 3/6/12 junior results

Post by Green_Manalishi »

U12 Central Croydon 1-7 Blue Eagles
U13C Sturt 1-7 Blue Eagles
U14A West Adelaide 1-0 Blue Eagles
U15A Blue Eagles 3-0 Adelaide City
U16A Blue Eagles 0-3 Para Hills
U17A Cumberland 0-1 Blue Eagles
U15 Girls Para Hills East 0-9 Blue Eagles
Occasionally available in blue

football_lad1234
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

U17B
Toros 3-1 gawler

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

U/17A

Para Hills 2 - 0 Adelaide Comets
White City 5 - 1 Raiders
Modbury 2 - 1 Campbelltown
Playford City 0 - 7 Adelaide City

anyone know this score?
Croydon vs MetroStars

jimbo_jones
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jimbo_jones »

Under 15b

Para Hills 0 - 1 Playford

mobiles67
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mobiles67 »

UNDER 14A JPL

Metro 2
Cumberland 0

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

U14A

Toros Comets PP

U14JSL

Modbury 1 Toros 1

Awesome game by both clubs considering one was top and one was bottom, mind you Modbury were not at all happy with the ref and made it known. To their defence he was terrible for both sides all day but they sure didn't get any kudos for the next time they get that ref.

manutd64
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manutd64 »

Wolowizard wrote:U/17A

White City 5 - 1 Raiders

anyone know this score?
Croydon vs MetroStars
Metro 0 croydon 0 Friday night

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

manutd64 wrote:
Wolowizard wrote:U/17A

White City 5 - 1 Raiders

anyone know this score?
Croydon vs MetroStars
Metro 0 croydon 0 Friday night
cheers mate :wink:

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

U/17A Round 8 Results

Cumberland United 0 - 1 Adelaide Blue Eagles
White City 5 - 1 Raiders
Croydon 0 - 0 MetroStars

Reus11
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Reus11 »

White City U17C - 2
Noarlunga U17C - 6

misterb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by misterb »

Any U17B scores in yet.

football_lad1234
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

misterb wrote:Any U17B scores in yet.
toros 3-1 gawler
west adelaide 1-1 sturt

football_lad1234
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

U17B
pirates 0-2 enfield

dragons
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by dragons »

Is Colin still coachin here?

think quick
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by think quick »

Any other 16A results anyone???

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

u16a
AC 5 - 4 CK
Got there early and fully enjoyed watching the little kids playing SSF.
Well run Croydon, good job.

Pity the whole image was destroyed by the 3 pigs smoking 2 metres from the little kids on the pitch.
Should be banned for season...
Club should be ashamed too.
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

Spooky 1972.... Top vs bottom??? You failed to mention the 6 jpl A players that played for Toros never mind the Ref.... I was very very happy with our performance, played the better football and created more goal scoring chances.... I much preferred that challenge for my players rather than win 15-0 and get nothing from the game.... Cheers

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

SID wrote:Spooky 1972.... Top vs bottom??? You failed to mention the 6 jpl A players that played for Toros never mind the Ref.... I was very very happy with our performance, played the better football and created more goal scoring chances.... I much preferred that challenge for my players rather than win 15-0 and get nothing from the game.... Cheers

6 players is against the rules, only 4 players came into that squad from the prior game, one of those players has just come back from injury. Modbury are a good side in the JSL but don't attempt to make it sound dodgey, 4 players is not a team and well within the rules of the comp.

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

:)
Last edited by SID on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston_the_First
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Winston_the_First »

"...4 players came into that squad from the prior game..."

I wasn't aware there was a "prior game". The Toros vs Comets U14 JPL A was postponed. Does anyone know why this game was postponed?

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

Couldn't agree on re arranged time apparently... Comets needed a change I think for some reason....

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Winston_the_First wrote:"...4 players came into that squad from the prior game..."

I wasn't aware there was a "prior game". The Toros vs Comets U14 JPL A was postponed. Does anyone know why this game was postponed?

Prior game as in the week before, following the rule of only 4 up or down in a weekend. All of those players played Plympton the week before except 4 and as explained one of the four had just returned from injury.

You would have to ask the Comets they cancelled it not us, according to the Comets players and coach could not make an 845am kick off, maybe their 15s coach would not allow their boys to drop for that one. :lol:

Stretch
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stretch »

Correct me if I'm wrong Spooky, but Comets were asked to move the game by Toros (the home team). Comets, did not want to play earlier (not sure why) and offered to play the game at a later time, which Toros declined. Not sure why you would have a dig about Comets other than to deflect the fact you were playing JPL players in a JSL game. Not against the rules, but certainly unsporting behaviour.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Stretch wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong Spooky, but Comets were asked to move the game by Toros (the home team). Comets, did not want to play earlier (not sure why) and offered to play the game at a later time, which Toros declined. Not sure why you would have a dig about Comets other than to deflect the fact you were playing JPL players in a JSL game. Not against the rules, but certainly unsporting behaviour.
Never took a dig at the Comets but it does seem strange a team can't make a 90min difference considering all players would be on the move by 845am to be at grounds in time for a 1030am kick off, what could the team possibly be doing between 730 and 845 that they could not field a side?

The FFSA scheduled two games at 1030am, U14JPL and U17JPL, obviously both games cant be played at once, therefore Toros requested a 845am kick off which was approved. The Comets then said players and coach could not make an 845am kick and suggested they play at 12pm, which was declined by Toros as their girls kick off at 1pm.

The Toros even requested for the 17s game to be played at 845 instead of the 14s and that was declined because it was after Tuesday so the FFSA PP the game.

No player was dropped because of the situation and all players were told of this midweek by the coach, Toros did all they could to play it was the Comets who did not.

Considering they have 3 points they can't be stacking the side very well.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Stretch wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong Spooky, but Comets were asked to move the game by Toros (the home team). Comets, did not want to play earlier (not sure why) and offered to play the game at a later time, which Toros declined. Not sure why you would have a dig about Comets other than to deflect the fact you were playing JPL players in a JSL game. Not against the rules, but certainly unsporting behaviour.

I am lost here, aren't JPL and JSL players one in the same?

Wouldn't development mean the majority of the players play in both sides?

My nephew plays in that JSL team and the 4 players played were not players sent to win.

I can assure you if the coach wanted to send 4 players to win you would have seen different names on the team sheet. That JPL side has two selected in recent stic and one in the U13 version and none of them played.

Stretch
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stretch »

Wow, you really are a tag team...or the same person...hmmmm

"maybe their 15s coach would not allow their boys to drop for that one.", now that sounds like a dig at Comets :roll: The one thing we all have in common is being wrong sometimes and I think you are wrong to say it is Comets fault you could not fulfil a fixture. Could you have delayed your 1.00 match by 15 minutes?

I have a lot of respect for Toro's in that they are getting boys onto the park. It's a credit to the club that you have added another team this year, well done. The more boys we have playing the beautiful game, the more chance we have of discovering some gems.

Dropping 4 boys to the JSL for development purposes...are you having a laugh!

I actually respect Spooky's winning attitude. I don't necessarily agree with the win at all costs mentality, it may benefit the best 1 or 2 players in the side as the game is being played through them, but I don't believe it develops the majority of the players. If anyone not associated with Toros has seen the goalkeeper roll the ball out from the back or the defenders do anything other than boot the ball out the park when under pressure then I'd love to hear about it.

I should point out that I'm not defending Comets,because I have no idea what goes on at other age levels,but the u14 coach has a great deal of integrity and you cannot find a finer example of someone who practices what they preach. The u14's have lost games this year, because they play the ball around and most of the boys play in different positions every week. We lost by a big margin to West Adelaide and I left the ground with a smile on my face because my son had a good game and the team in general continued to play attractive football all over the park. I've not felt like that about football in 6 years! That's development!

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

some of the results in different age groups are all about face this week, is that the new guy or why is it so ?

mobiles67
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mobiles67 »

Cabbage Leaf wrote:some of the results in different age groups are all about face this week, is that the new guy or why is it so ?
Yes I think the new guy got it wrong.

Actual Result for Under 14 JPL

Cumberland 0
Metrostars 2

Played on Sunday 03/06/2012 8.45AM at AA Bailey Reserve, Clarence Gardens.

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

is that right ? i was actually looking at others but maybe he's just finding his feet. Not important in the bigger scheme of things.
Like I have said and copped crap before for it, winning is only one component of the game, how you play is far more important !