17a comp is a farce thx Drago

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: 17a comp is a farce thx Drago

Post by justmyopinion »

what qualifications does drago hold?, what updated coaching courses has he recently attended?
in terms of being respected, has`nt he been thru adelaide city, campbelltown city and being turned away from metro`s?( ask ac and ccsc the trainwreck he left behind at both clubs)
have those three clubs got it wrong?
while he may be a good skills one on one coach, his player management skills leave him a little short in my opinion.

but if you think he`s great then by all means go ahead and enjoy his way.

lots of other better qualified development coaches out there.

MR Black
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MR Black »

If Raiders were meant to be the "best" so far this season the rest of the clubs in this comp must be extreamly poor. Raiders were shocking, there was no structure, they were booting out of defence, their midfield was not there, their keeper was poor or was having a bad day, I can not remember them having a clear chance on goal apart from their lucky goal from a defensive error. So to say the White City coach dropped players to win is a poor statement. The 1 or 2 he did drop would not have made a difference anyway. I did hear that Raiders were missing players but I dont know if that was true. If it wasnt for their missed chances White City should have had at least 10! The raiders coach should have changed/reshuffled or tried something to get back into the game & not just push more players up as they did & left massive holes in the back only to conceed more. In my opinion Raiders lost because their coach was having a bad day not because White City dropped players. At least the White City coach when down or things are not working he will change or re shuffle . Is this not what coaches are meant to do on game day?

MR Black
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MR Black »

Mr.Torres wrote:4 minutes into a game in the u17c's his team were 2-0 down. He subbed off 4 u17c team players and replaced them with u17a's who were on the bench.
You guys have to remember that there is no 17 A or C players, they are all U/17s. Players get told where they play due to performance, hang on.............isnt that development?

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

dragons wrote:are 17s not 17s whether they play 19s or 17s???????????????????????????
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/vi ... 19#p910619

:oops: double standards :?: :lol:
dragons wrote:Drago has turned this comp in to a joke as he looks after the 17s and 19s and ovesees the Reserves. Raiders top undefeated all year and loose 5-1 are you serious? the 19s loose 6-0 and then this result as he does what he wants and gets away with it sure they are under 17s but the rest of us are trying to develop and play in the spirit of the comp, not ego tripper!!!
Shall we ALL play our 15/16 17 year olds who are playing up down in the 17s this year and what??
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

NutJob
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by NutJob »

His been dropping players a season, sign of a good coach :lol:
Have seen White City play on two different occassions this season and they were playing amost two different teams! Disgraceful!

always offside
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by always offside »

surely teams want to pick the best players each week
movement between JPL and JSL shoud be encouraged

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

always offside wrote:surely teams want to pick the best players each week
movement between JPL and JSL shoud be encouraged

it depends on who you play, which club you're at, and what age group. :roll: (stolen from another topic) and god forbid you win the game

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

I wonder if dragons knew the sh*tstorm he was going to unleash with this topic :lol:

general
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by general »

NutJob wrote:His been dropping players a season, sign of a good coach :lol:
Have seen White City play on two different occassions this season and they were playing amost two different teams! Disgraceful!
i think when you have 45 players for u 17's and u 19's it is important to keep everybody on their toes and rotate as a matter of equality.

are you people upset that white city juniors are winning?? sounds like it.

stop being hypocrites and enjoy the game.

Manutd21
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Manutd21 »

MR Black wrote:If Raiders were meant to be the "best" so far this season the rest of the clubs in this comp must be extreamly poor. Raiders were shocking, there was no structure, they were booting out of defence, their midfield was not there, their keeper was poor or was having a bad day, I can not remember them having a clear chance on goal apart from their lucky goal from a defensive error. So to say the White City coach dropped players to win is a poor statement. The 1 or 2 he did drop would not have made a difference anyway. I did hear that Raiders were missing players but I dont know if that was true. If it wasnt for their missed chances White City should have had at least 10! The raiders coach should have changed/reshuffled or tried something to get back into the game & not just push more players up as they did & left massive holes in the back only to conceed more. In my opinion Raiders lost because their coach was having a bad day not because White City dropped players. At least the White City coach when down or things are not working he will change or re shuffle . Is this not what coaches are meant to do on game day?

Agree with you mr black if these boys are the right age what's the problem there is no problem anyway if they only dropped 2 players that is not going to win you games sounds like raiders have sour grapes because they have been beaten by a better side

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

raiders ??? Or just one person, dragons ??
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

........... all this for an under 17s comp???
this topic should probably be moved into the seniors forum

FORUM MOD - Edited due to inappropriate language. Temp ban issued

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

wiseoldman wrote:what qualifications does drago hold?, what updated coaching courses has he recently attended?he has an ASIAN C LICENCE
in terms of being respected, has`nt he been thru adelaide city, campbelltown city and being turned away from metro`s?( ask ac and ccsc the trainwreck he left behind at both clubs) what train wreck, adelaide city is doing fine and many of his players from campbelltown went to sasi or moved clubs
while he may be a good skills one on one coach, his player management skills leave him a little short in my opinion.that may be your opinion but havent heard many other players or parents complain

there arent that many out there that are much better lets be honest

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Where did he do his Asian C ?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Željko Jurin wrote:Where did he do his Asian C ?
dont have a clue, but by going with what some people on here are saying he must've got it from inside a COCO POPS box

footballdad
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by footballdad »

I'm guessing in Asia somewhere....

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

footballdad wrote:
I'm guessing in Asia somewhere....
Not necessarily, Australia has been part of the AFC for a few years now and run these courses in Sydney and Canberra, and for the first time in Adelaide late last year ...

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

Some coaches were granted asian c if they had a senior coaching license at the time of the introduction of the new system

bestofbothworlds17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by bestofbothworlds17 »

dragons wrote:Drago has turned this comp in to a joke as he looks after the 17s and 19s and ovesees the Reserves. Raiders top undefeated all year and loose 5-1 are you serious? the 19s loose 6-0 and then this result as he does what he wants and gets away with it sure they are under 17s but the rest of us are trying to develop and play in the spirit of the comp, not ego tripper!!!
Shall we ALL play our 15/16 17 year olds who are playing up down in the 17s this year and what??
Disgruntled Player, Coach or Parent??? Doesnt matter really, because your argument is flawed on so many levels !!! Is it the fact that your team lost its 1st game of the year, or is the fact that maybe your club hasnt had the Coaching knowledge or forward thinking to promote and demote as seen fit within the right age groups? Obviously, this is what is happening at White City and it appeared to work last weekend against your team, but this doesnt mean it will work this week against whom ever they play? No rules broken, no problems !

Geeeez, why dont you worry about how your team/s will bounce back this weekend? If they do, well done to all, if they dont, then maybe you arent as good as you think you are?

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

James wrote:Some coaches were granted asian c if they had a senior coaching license at the time of the introduction of the new system
Sounds strange ..... an FFA Senior licence converted to AFC C licence, which is a level higher again

bestofbothworlds17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by bestofbothworlds17 »

wiseoldman wrote:what qualifications does drago hold?, what updated coaching courses has he recently attended?
in terms of being respected, has`nt he been thru adelaide city, campbelltown city and being turned away from metro`s?( ask ac and ccsc the trainwreck he left behind at both clubs)
while he may be a good skills one on one coach, his player management skills leave him a little short in my opinion.

Once again, you have proven that your name "wiseoldman" is a mis-quote.."Trainwreck"..what "Trainwreck"?? The only problem that CCSC had/has is that they couldnt pull heads out of their Shiraz's long enough to see the bigger picture. Player management...Please !! Ask Sir Alex Ferguson what he thinks of Player Management?

I guarantee that if you ask any Junior Player that has been Coached by Drago, what their opinion of him is and they would nearly all say he was "great". It only seems to be the Parents/Relatives (especially at CCSC) of the boys/girls that missed out or realised that little Johhny/Josephine wasnt as good as they thought who seem to have an issue with Drago?

I think we are all sick and tired of Drago being made the scapegoat for the so called failure of CCSC to develop their kids further. Im pretty sure that the problems at CCSC were far deeper before he got to the Club than any cares to admit? Maybe Drago is also responsible for the debt in "Greece" as well???? COME ON !!!!!!

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

there are NO FREE UPGRADES to an ASIAN C LICENCE.....i heard that he done it together with kossie....
didnt see raiders play and wont comment, you cant expect juniors to perform every single week, im sure they will learn from that game and fix what went wrong....i might be wrong but the only way you learn from your mistakes is by losing, if you win every game you dont really see the problems.
regarding drago's coaching ability...i think hes one of the best going around and doesnt take crap from parents, committee members etc....
if the players dont have right attitude or the parents dont agree with him they will be told "SEE YOU LATER MY FRIEND" thats just the way he is.....

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

rossonero wrote:there are NO FREE UPGRADES to an ASIAN C LICENCE.....i heard that he done it together with kossie....
didnt see raiders play and wont comment, you cant expect juniors to perform every single week, im sure they will learn from that game and fix what went wrong....i might be wrong but the only way you learn from your mistakes is by losing, if you win every game you dont really see the problems.
regarding drago's coaching ability...i think hes one of the best going around and doesnt take crap from parents, committee members etc....
if the players dont have right attitude or the parents dont agree with him they will be told "SEE YOU LATER MY FRIEND" thats just the way he is.....
incorrect

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

incorrect[/quote]

no worries because you say so

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

correct

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Last time I got a free upgrade was at Maccas years ago :lol:

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

Free upgrade ? Do you get balls & cones with that ?

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

rabbit wrote:Last time I got a free upgrade was at Maccas years ago :lol:
I get free upgrades for Life!
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

did kossie get a free upgrade aswell....

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

rossonero wrote:did kossie get a free upgrade aswell....
depends if Kossie had his senior license before the asian c was brought in.