Saturday Division 4 League Table & Results *Updated Weekly*

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

jqhosko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Saturday Division 4 League Table and Results Updated wee

Post by jqhosko »

Does any one know the results for Greenock vs Mount Compass and Adelaide University vs Parafield Gardens?

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Mt Compass:

B's: Greenock 6 - 5 Cows

An end to end thriller with goals galore. A draw would have been fair for the Cows, but nevermind. A great hat-trick from Day! Good to get some players back from injury for us.

A's: Greenock 2 - 4 Cows

Despite Greenock twice taking the lead from gifted goals, 1-0 then 2-1, the Cows went in 2-2 at HT. A rocket from the coach at HT saw the Cows explode out of the blocks in the 2nd to go 4-2 up early. The Cows back line held firm and ensured they came home from the longest trip in the division with 3 points in the A's. The win pushes the Cows back toward the business end of the table, and the bus trip home (assisted by Thirsty Camel Tanunda) cemented a bond between the lads not be broken!

Moooooooooo!

Big up to the Greenock lads who tried to play football all day and never resorted to 'punt and run'.

1.angkor
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by 1.angkor »

OISC vs Angkor
A's 4-6
B's 5-0

Great effort for the A's taking the game home with 10 men, when the keeper got sent off.
Our main striker have to play in goal for the remainder of the game.
Bad luck for the B's first lost for the season. hopefully learn from it and come back strong.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Northern Lights »

Adelaide Uni v Parafield Gardens
Torrens Valley v East Adelaide
Results for these someone?

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

Torrens Valley vs East Adelaide
A's 3-2
B's - East Adelaide forfeited.

TVSC went up 2-0 in first 15 mins but then East Adelaide fought back with 2 goals of their own. 2-2 at half-time. TVSC controlled the second half and should've buried the visitors but could find the back of the net, until the Rams coach scored at 86 mins to take home 3 points.

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

pitbulls Bs 1-0 one tree hill Bs
must say the game was an absolute disgrace. its a shame an official ref cant ref games like these. when a player gets hacked down from behind in the box infront of goal not only should it be a penalty, but its a straight red. so i find it amazing that a ref can blow his whistle for the penalty then after some protests from his own clubs supporters and players he decides to yell play on. and then you have a linesman who is calling players off side from within there own half. the game turned into an absolute farce and at times threatened to boil over. i hope nobody takes pleasure out of winning in this fashion

Pitbulls As 1-2 One Tree Hill As
this game was brilliant game, played in the right spirits and was a credit to both clubs i believe, despite what had happened in the previous game. the game was played at high intensity, was very physical at time but also fair. it was kept under control and well officiated by the ref. credit to the pitbulls boys for pushing all the way to the end, scoring an equaliser with 10 minutes to go. unfortunately for them however we were able to snatch a late win with a couple of minutes left on the clock and hung on under immense pressure in the closing stages to hold out for a draw. credit to both sides

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fudpucker wrote:Torrens Valley vs East Adelaide
A's 3-2

TVSC went up 2-0 in first 15 mins but then East Adelaide fought back with 2 goals of their own. 2-2 at half-time. TVSC controlled the second half and should've buried the visitors but could find the back of the net, until the Rams coach scored at 86 mins to take home 3 points.
East Adelaide are certainly improving from getting spanked in the first few games? We were disappointed we only beat them 2-1 a few weeks back but going by their results since then maybe was a good result in the end.

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

East Adelaide are a very young side and have a couple real quality players. Would love to get hold of their #10 or #7.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Good to hear TVSC got the result in the end, those days where you can dominate general play but can't put the ball in the net can be dangerous.

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

othsc4life wrote:pitbulls Bs 1-0 one tree hill Bs
must say the game was an absolute disgrace. its a shame an official ref cant ref games like these. when a player gets hacked down from behind in the box infront of goal not only should it be a penalty, but its a straight red. so i find it amazing that a ref can blow his whistle for the penalty then after some protests from his own clubs supporters and players he decides to yell play on. and then you have a linesman who is calling players off side from within there own half. the game turned into an absolute farce and at times threatened to boil over. i hope nobody takes pleasure out of winning in this fashion
Ridiculous. Is club have already been issued a 'please explain' by the league for their conduct this season.

jqhosko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jqhosko »

Does anyone know the result for Adelaide Uni v Parafield Gardens?

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Clever Trevor wrote:
Ridiculous. Is club have already been issued a 'please explain' by the league for their conduct this season.
There's always a return fixture to even things up mate :wink: at least it happened in the first round of matches

Flying Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Flying Fox »

Aussie Ronaldo wrote:Does anyone know the result for Adelaide Uni v Parafield Gardens?
Sorry, have had stupid trouble with my account (it's kitsuneausc here). Password got wiped off my laptop and I couldnt get the site to send me a reset email...so I've made an alias.

Uni B's won 4-1. Livid about conceding that one goal. Fullback got caught napping with the ball at his feet and their guy just managed to poke it past me.

A's won 4-0. Our LB scored 2 pens, went up for the third one and choked. First one in ages he's missed too :lol:

Spacecat Boobiegazer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Spacecat Boobiegazer »

Stand Free wrote:
Fudpucker wrote:Torrens Valley vs East Adelaide
A's 3-2
East Adelaide are certainly improving from getting spanked in the first few games? We were disappointed we only beat them 2-1 a few weeks back but going by their results since then maybe was a good result in the end.
PDog wrote:Good to hear TVSC got the result in the end, those days where you can dominate general play but can't put the ball in the net can be dangerous.
:arrow: Match Report here folks, for those who enjoy a good read - http://www.torrensvalleysoccerclub.com/ ... r-for-rams

othsc4life
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by othsc4life »

Clever Trevor wrote:
well clearly the avenues taken by the association have had no impact on addressing the issues. perhaps they need to send a representative down on the sly to have a look at what really goes on down there. had they seen that game on the weekend they would have been seriously questioning the standard of the refereeing decisions. a 'please explain' has had no affect, perhaps its time for sanctions to be taken. because games like that can negatively affect a teams season. i certainly know it has affected our B grades chances of pushing for top spot. but yeah made our win in the first team game all the more sweeter n the beers go down all the better ;)

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

Clever Trevor wrote:
Can't believe you can blow for a penalty and then change your mind. Maybe whining enough you can change a referee's decision! :wink:

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Fudpucker wrote: Can't believe you can blow for a penalty and then change your mind. Maybe whining enough you can change a referee's decision! :wink:
A complete and utter joke. It just screams of having no integrity what so ever, i'd be embarassed to be apart of such an organisation. Pretty hard to believe someone would succumb to the pressure from the sidelines like that - get a backbone, make a decision and stick with it!!

Will be interesting to see what the league does, if they do anything at all...

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

didnt we record the b's game on a camcorder, send it to the league?, had no issues with them in the a's, but thats probably because of the official ref who reffed the game very well!

Euromaiden
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Euromaiden »

Heard the flinders ref in the b's had a shocker

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Stand Free wrote:didnt we record the b's game on a camcorder, send it to the league?, had no issues with them in the a's, but thats probably because of the official ref who reffed the game very well!
I hope you guys do have footage!

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Ukrat wrote:Heard the flinders ref in the b's had a shocker
doesn't seem too uncommon then...

jqhosko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jqhosko »

SAT DIV 4 ROUND 7 Updated Tables and Results :D

Stevo
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Stevo »

He probably didnt have his best game but is usually reliable.

USC did have two sent off but both were justifiable and i dont think they would argue those. The penalty was harsh but ive seen them given for less and if the ball hits your hand in the box no argument of ball to hand will offen get you off.

The goal from offside was a bit harsh and him missing a ball going out in the lead up play to another (the ball at this stage was at the other end of the park) was not so great but these were mistakes rather than anything else.

I have seen much, much worse refs and performances in my time in the league.

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

Stevo wrote:

USC did have two sent off but both were justifiable and i dont think they would argue those. The penalty was harsh but ive seen them given for less and if the ball hits your hand in the box no argument of ball to hand will offen get you off.

The goal from offside was a bit harsh and him missing a ball going out in the lead up play to another (the ball at this stage was at the other end of the park) was not so great but these were mistakes rather than anything else.

I assume the flinders b ref is the young guy with the grey shirt with ffsa logo on the left side of chest? He could be a great ref if he just bothered to move into the right position; made his team remove jewellery after giving the visiting team a prematch talk about taking off their bling; and didn't stand with his arms behind his back as if he was uninterested.

Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Clever Trevor wrote:
Stevo wrote:

I assume the flinders b ref is the young guy with the grey shirt with ffsa logo on the left side of chest? He could be a great ref if he just bothered to move into the right position; made his team remove jewellery after giving the visiting team a prematch talk about taking off their bling; and didn't stand with his arms behind his back as if he was uninterested.

He's normally a little more upbeat, dunno what was going on that Saturday to be honest.

He has no association with the club directly, someone who was at the club a few years ago(?) introduced him to our president so we could get him in specifically for reserves games. I assume he refs elsewhere as well. Seems like a nice kid, he gets a bit of cash and it allows us to have an independant ref for our reserves games (and also allows all of us to get out of having to ref a game!)

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

Well all the other divisions take weekly predictions so I figure why not have a crack. Might start up some healthy debate and discussions. So who's your tip for this round of fixtures, scores and why?

Mt Compass vs Old Ignatians (2)
USC Lion vs Torrens Valley
Angkor vs Northern Pitbulls
One Tree Hill vs Parafield Gardens (2)
East Adelaide vs Greenock
Adelaide Uni Black vs Flinders (2)

Flying Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Flying Fox »

Uni derby will be interesting, especially if the bottle of shiraz ground is a mess. :lol: Training on tuesday was a nightmare

Fudpucker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fudpucker »

I'll get the ball rolling!

Mt Compass 3 vs Old Ignatians (2) 2 - Mt Compass will be too strong at home.
USC Lion 1 vs Torrens Valley 3 - Desperate for 3 points to stay in touch with top 4.
Angkor 5 vs Northern Pitbulls 3 - Will be end to end. Angkor will not like the Pitbulls physical style. Could be a surprise result in this!
One Tree Hill 6 vs Parafield Gardens 0 - Could be more, haven't seen either team yet.
East Adelaide 2 vs Greenock 2- East Adelaide will do enough to earn them a draw at home.
Adelaide University 0 vs Flinders University 1 - Wet pitch, low scoring. Flinders have been off the pace lately, not sure why, but will just get over the line.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mt Compass 3v1 Old Ignatians (2)- just because there's a fellow sheep shagger aberdeen fan playing for them. :lol:
USC Lion 2v4 Torrens Valley- Valley inconsistant but if on form will win this
Angkor 1v2 Northern Pitbulls- hoping for an upset here, gave us a game last week, but think they are better at home. Will be low scoring with pitbulls seeming to have the best defence in the league, only letting in 11 this year
One Tree Hill 7v0 Parafield Gardens (2)- aim is too win the game first then try & boost goal difference if possible
East Adelaide 2v1 Greenock- east adelaide have improved in recent weeks
Adelaide Uni Black 0v4 Flinders (2)- not seen flinders but think they will be too good for uni
ImageImage

Honda18
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Honda18 »

Mt Compass 2 vs 2 Old Ignatians(2) OISC look good last week but couldnt break us with an extra man
USC Lion 2 vs 3Torrens Valley Big fish parker to score a hat trick for the ram
Angkor 6 vs 1 Northern Pitbulls Good test for us up against a very physical pitbulls side but cant see us losing at home
One Tree Hill 1 vs 0 Parafield Gardens (2) Tough one to pick but 1 tree hill just.
East Adelaide 0 vs 3 Greenock Havent seen East play yet but i think greenock should get up
Adelaide Uni Black 1 vs 4 Flinders (2) Flinders to quick for the blacks